What's new

What do we think: Joe Paterno

havent seen the news today, but the last report i watched on tv last night reported that over 40 children/adults have now come forward with accusations of abuse by sandusky

I wasnt going to post in this thread because I am having an emotional day...BUT..

Let's be real here. Yes, sexual abuse of any kind is AWFUL and the men and women who do it need help and need to be locked up.

HOWEVER.

If you don't think that at least SOME of those 40 people arent looking thru dollar sign eyes, you are naive!

How any of them can call themselves honorable men is beyond me.

and the truth is, they cant and they know it. and this is exactly the presumption that allowed the abuse to continue.

honor was presumed to be penn state's foundation upon which all success followed. without honor, there was nothing

and ultimately there was no honor, so there was nothing

I'm tapping out of reading the rest of the report after victim #2 and the person that seen it DIDN'T CALL THE ****ING COPS AFTER WHAT HE SEEN. SEEEEEN. He seen the kid being ****ing raped!

I wasnt going to post in this thread because I am having an emotional day...BUT..

Let's be real here. Yes, sexual abuse of any kind is AWFUL and the men and women who do it need help and need to be locked up.

HOWEVER.

If you don't think that at least SOME of those 40 people arent looking thru dollar sign eyes, you are naive!

of course. but that really shouldnt be the focus. sandusky even admitted he had a problem to the parent of that child. his accusers have more than a few reasons to believe he was a rampant pedophile

I'm tapping out of reading the rest of the report after victim #2 and the person that seen it DIDN'T CALL THE ****ING COPS AFTER WHAT HE SEEN. SEEEEEN. He seen the kid being ****ing raped!

Isn't there some kind of bystander law in PA, tazz? Or mandated reporting? Or is there no mandated reporting on college campuses?

Edit it does say teachers are mandated reporters in PA, I guess it will depend on their definition of teacher. And they don't need to see the incident or have evidence, only a reasonable assumption that something untoward has occurred.

I agree, there are some looking for the money, but really, there are going to be a lot of kids that this happened to that will never come forward. You will never know the real number. BTW, one is too many.

HOWEVER.

of course. but that really shouldnt be the focus. sandusky even admitted he had a problem to the parent of that child. his accusers have more than a few reasons to believe he was a rampant pedophile

Wasn't the focus...just a comment. And now, I bow out.

The other issue that makes this worse is that Penn State put themselves on a pedestal above all other college programs. Hypocrites.

And the fact that it would be brought up about kids coming forward because of money is sick. Might it happen, yeah, but little kids who were already struggling were raped by a man they were supposed to trust and that's what you have to add to this thread?

The other issue that makes this worse is that Penn State put themselves on a pedestal above all other college programs. Hypocrites.

And the fact that it would be brought up about kids coming forward because of money is sick. Might it happen, yeah, but little kids who were already struggling were raped by a man they were supposed to trust and that's what you have to add to this thread?

Hi Poidoman. Since you didn't quote anyone, what do you mean? Add what to this thread?

Here is the official grand jury report --- warning, it is graphic with specific descriptions of what was happened/was said. The grand jury investigated and wrote up about 8 victims. There are close to 20 that have come forward so far.

This was a complete failure on so many levels. This man could have been stopped and everyone turned a blind eye on this. It is disgusting and I am so sad for the boys and their families who have been victimized by this sexual predator.

This man is nothing less than a sexual predator who used his charity to lure and groom unsuspecting boys into disgusting abuse. If just ONE of the people who knew about this or were told about "improper sexual contact" would have called the actual police on this, it could have been a vastly different outcome.

Warning -- this is a disturbing read, click at your own risk.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/11/06/sports/ncaafootball/20111106-pennstate-document.html

Talking about me.

Oh no! Come on guys let's not get on each other with words. This is a sad situation and we should keep focus. Both jonnysmomma and poidoman have good things to add. Let's not get side tracked. This is a great discussion. We can have different opinions...that's what makes threads so great.

I'll be back later for sure...gotta run :)

Here is the official grand jury report --- warning, it is graphic with specific descriptions of what was said. The grand jury investigated and wrote up about 8 victims. There are close to 20 that have come forward so far.

This was a complete failure on so many levels. This man could have been stopped and everyone turned a blind eye on this. It is disgusting and I am so sad for the boys and their families who have been victimized by this sexual predator.

This man is nothing less than a sexual predator who used his charity to lure and groom unsuspecting boys into disgusting abuse. If just ONE of the people who knew about this or were told about "improper sexual contact" would have called the actual police on this, it could have been a vastly different outcome.

Warning -- this is a disturbing read, click at your own risk.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/11/06/sports/ncaafootball/20111106-pennstate-document.html

already posted a few pages back

Hey, hey, hey............back the hell up! There's no reason to jump on Jeni, she didn't do anything. :ranting:

Back