What's new

What is your take on the Arizona illegal immigration situation?

I think that is totally what is going on. Nobody wants to lose the Hispanic vote. It's the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

If we make Puerto Rico a steak, then they are going to want a baked potato!

Who wouldn't?:bee:

What? He is 10, he just happens to have the same name as someone else. There is no reason for him to be on the terror watch list. He hasn't done anything.

okay, so hes not doing anything wrong, sense hes not doing anything wrong. whats the harm?

okay, so hes not doing anything wrong, sense hes not doing anything wrong. whats the harm?

Because anytime they fly anywhere it is a major hassle. She has contacted Homeland Security and the TSA to get him some sort of documentation so they don't have to be hassled at the airport and nothing. They have everything searched and have to get there early because they have to contact Homeland Security (I think) and wait to be cleared. It sucks.

I am just making a point that if the police contact ICE because of this new law, there may be situations where actual citizens get detained and hassled because we all know how awesome government agencies are. Then come the lawsuits. I think this law is going to create some issues. That's all.

If you have ID, you should be good to go. Plus, you can tell who is born here and who has just entered a new country.

If I just popped into Russia and the Kopski pulled me overski, I know I couldn't pull off being a Russkie.

Thinking if i should even open my mouth & speak on this one.After being labeled an elitist **** & other names from the last thread. But those of you who know me know my opinion & once i'm fully awake...i'll be back (as Arnold would say).:lol:

Thinking if i should even open my mouth & speak on this one.After being labeled an elitist **** & other names from the last thread. But those of you who know me know my opinion & once i'm fully awake...i'll be back (as Arnold would say).:lol:

Oh crap! I had better go hide them. :giggles:

Wow, I really should read all threads. :lol:

Wow, I really should read all threads. :lol:

Yup - it gets a bit nutty here on the weekends. Barb posted that someone mod-alerted the thread and asked for it's deletion. She said she wouldn't do that but locked it until you had a chance to weigh in on it. Once it was locked, things seemed to settle down (I guess some meds may have kicked in :giggles:). :hides:

In parts of Illinois it might as well be Mexico. Property values drop, school quality declines, crime increases, public aid is doled out at a greater rate. Yes, come here illegally....you have so much to offer! Yes, I do understand there are some very hardworking illegals, but many pose a large threat to the American economy and society as a whole.

So this is what really chaps my ****.

My husband is laid off of work and trying to find a job to match our unemployment of a little under 500 dollars a week.So he is trying to find a job paying 8-12 dollars an hour compared to him making 40 dollars an hour.Thank God to CW or we would not have survived.Twice this month he has not gotten these jobs because they are paying the illegals with no SS numbers under 8 dollars an hour.It just hasn't been a couple of guys but over 50 WTF.Hopefully he will get called back to his old job.That was a tiny little vent.

I'm for the law. Americans are losing jobs to illegals. I'm not picking on any so called minority. White people are the new minority.It's all good for people to say this is a bad law.I'm sure the people who live in Arizona have a much different viewpoint.The state shouldn't have had to enact this law. The federal government should have got off their **** years ago & did something about it. Yeah, i'm actually complaining about Bush(don't have a heart attack).Aliens haven't taken me over.:lol:

Oh, & i'm for gun control & yes, i'm a Republican.:giggles:

Back