What's new

What is your take on the Arizona illegal immigration situation?

What Barb is saying is you don't have to have your green card that says you are a US citizen but as long as you have documentation stating that you are here legally then they give you benefits. (so no if your illegal you don't get Food stamps or a medical card) But if your kids were born here you do get all those benefits for them.

Ok so I have to wonder..........
parents are "illegal"
kids born here
benefits are based off parents income.......but if parents aren't legally able to work then how is benefits calculated?????? Can't say there is no income at all cause they would have to wonder how you pay bills, etc.....and they require paycheck stubs or tax forms as proof.................

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GETA JOB,
A DRIVERS LICENSE,
SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
WELFARE,
FOOD STAMPS,
CREDIT CARDS,
SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
FREE EDUCATION,
FREE HEALTH CARE,
A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY’S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON’T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

Wtf.... chain email I assume?

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GETA JOB,
A DRIVERS LICENSE,
SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
WELFARE,
FOOD STAMPS,
CREDIT CARDS,
SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
FREE EDUCATION,
FREE HEALTH CARE,
A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY’S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON’T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

Makes me wonder why Border Patrol can't just shoot all the illegals... seriously!

In IL you DON'T HAVE TO BE A CITIZEN...you have to be a legal resident for link card benefits.

Do you know where I can find something on this? My BIL told me that since she is a US citizen, but for less than 5 years she couldn't get anything. She has been a resident for longer than that. I know he could use the help, not like you can get a hold of anyone at the link office.

Makes me wonder why Border Patrol can't just shoot all the illegals... seriously!

Ok well even I wouldn't suggest that.

Originally Posted by Rybran

Ok well even I wouldn't suggest that.

That wouldn't work since illegals come through on planes, trains and automobiles too and not just from Mexico.

Sadly, for me to get back into Canada because my dual citizenship lapsed, I have to have a huge bank balance, a job waiting and a place to live OR be sponsored by an upstanding Canadian citizen. Further, I will not be eligible for any sort of public assistance for a period of years. HMM

It's a shame the US is so **** backwards. WAKE UP AMERICA!!

You know the deal where if you are here illegally and your child is born on US soil that child is now a US citizen?? Yesterday I heard that the origins of that law go back to protect slaves that were born here. It was meant so no one (the racists) could kick African Americans out of the country because they weren't citizens. I believe that time is over and they need to go back to the normal law of applying for citizenship just like every other country.

You know the deal where if you are here illegally and your child is born on US soil that child is now a US citizen?? Yesterday I heard that the origins of that law go back to protect slaves that were born here. It was meant so no one (the racists) could kick African Americans out of the country because they weren't citizens. I believe that time is over and they need to go back to the normal law of applying for citizenship just like every other country.

Birthright citizenship in America has its roots in English Common Law. The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution reads, in pertinent part, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

America practice Jus soli and in some cases Jus sanguinis when one or both parents are US citizens, but the child is born outside of US.

Originally Posted by Rybran
Sadly, for me to get back into Canada because my dual citizenship lapsed, I have to have a huge bank balance, a job waiting and a place to live OR be sponsored by an upstanding Canadian citizen. Further, I will not be eligible for any sort of public assistance for a period of years. HMM

Is one of your parents the child of a Canadian born in the US? I'm just wondering because as far as I know once I finally get to the point of obtaining US Citizenship I keep my Canadian citizenship (so dual-citizenship for life) and my son has dual citizenship for life. The rules will be different for his children though.

I know that these rules are different than when I first moved down here. They changed them about 3 years ago.

What are the benefits of dual citizenship? Besides the healthcare ;)

I would say yes. You are a legal Canadian citizen.

My DS has dual citizenship too. He is a Moroccan citizen AND an American citizen. He "loses" his American citizenship when on Moroccan soil. I would have no rights to remove him or travel more than 50 miles alone with him in Morocco without his father's written permission.

I don't think my DS has to get the National card (ID) there though....but I am not sure. his passport is American.

Cause dad is Moroccan citizen and you are not??

If you don't mind my asking.....how did he end up with Dual citizenship? Born there but to an American citizen?? I just don't understand how that works. Sorry if I'm being too nosey just curious.....

And what about your Daughter? Does she also have dual citizenship?

I learn so much at CW!

Way to go Arizona! They shouldn't have anything to worry about when getting carded.........unless of course they're ILLEGAL!

The whole visa thing is crazy....WE (Americans) can travel into MOST countries as tourists sans Visa...but the citizens of those countries need papers to come her.

The first time I visited US (11 years ago), I was not very happy the US consulate had me jumped through the hoops before they issued me a visa. But once I was here, I understood why! I could practically "disappeared" in this country. I was here for about 11 months, not even once I was required to proof identity or my residency. I managed to open a bank account and got an ITIN without much hassle!! (that changed after 911 though) You can't do this in most countries!!

Back