What's new

What's For Dinner?

Ugh, made VanDeKamps "fish" sticks with green beans and potatoes....the kids were in heaven but YUCK, no thanks for me. I'm having red wine and popcorn:drool:

Today is DD 20th birthday and we got food from Buona Beef. We love that place and they finally opened near me in Orland. It's funny how long it takes some chain businesses to come to the south side. oh and Steve when I type Orland in my iPad it always autocorrects it to Orlando which is where I really wish I was!

Steak au poivre , fresh green beans and baby carrots, and penne pasta in olive oil and parmasean.

Moroccan stewed lentils..put beef in it tonight. Started late....can't WAIT

Kefta and yes. Frequently. That is a quick and easy lunch here.

Also, for the lentils...if you don't want to scoop with bread. We serve over rice too.

Chicken Caesar salad and maybe a homemade vegetable soup? I think I have some old carrots, celery, and potatoes I want to get rid of.

DS is making some kind of pasta...I really don't feel like going over there, but DGS hasn't seen him since last Thursday, and even tho it's only 3 blocks I don't want him riding his bike in the dark cuz' there's still icy patches...

We are going to Chama Gaucha for V-Day dinner. Ca-ching$$$ but LOVE it, DHs fave. (Every other year I get to pick & it's The Melting Pot).

:)

Trying to keep it simple tonight as we had violin lessons this afternoon and this evening we have parent viewing for 2 dance classes plus a Bible study. I made brown rice and black beans (canned) and pear sauce cooked in the crock pot. The brown rice and beans called for coconut oil. I don't have coconut oil, but I did buy a coconut this week so we tried to make homemade coconut butter last night with mixed success. I subbed that in the beans and rice. I need a deal on some kitchen gadgets!

Trying to keep it simple tonight as we had violin lessons this afternoon and this evening we have parent viewing for 2 dance classes plus a Bible study. I made brown rice and black beans (canned) and pear sauce cooked in the crock pot. The brown rice and beans called for coconut oil. I don't have coconut oil, but I did buy a coconut this week so we tried to make homemade coconut butter last night with mixed success. I subbed that in the beans and rice. I need a deal on some kitchen gadgets!

How did you make coconut butter?

I saw this http://www.thekitchn.com/one-ingredient-recipe-coconut-butter-166405 sometime ago.

In Malaysia, we grate the coconut flesh, squeeze out the milk, then add some water to the grated flesh to squeeze out more milk, then cook the rice in the coconut milk (instead of water).

Sushi and steak....it's a vday celebration cause kids have activities tomorrow night!

Back