What's new

Working out!

I try to workout 3-4 times a week. Do a cardio warmup then hit the weights. I'm currently doin a workout called "a simple power based workout". It's decent but I'm not seeing much gains anymore so will probably try something different soon

does anyone have any good tips on how to workout when it is not possible to workout? Such as when the roads are so bad with snow you can not drive to the gym, walking you would get hit. thanks

does anyone have any good tips on how to workout when it is not possible to workout? Such as when the roads are so bad with snow you can not drive to the gym, walking you would get hit. thanks

Keep it simple. Do pullups, push ups, and sit ups. Make sure you do it in good form. Try doing as many pull ups as possible and as many push ups and sit ups as possible in 2 minute intervals.

I'm doing Rippetoe's Starting Strength if anyone is familiar with it. I'm trying to get as strong as possible for next soccer season.

Or try cleaning some snow. We have 4 feet of snow here, you can't imagine the work out I get from just cleaning the driveway lol. (not srs)

but yeah do the basics pull ups,push ups, hell I've even used big water bottles filled to the top as weights when I was snowed in.

3 times a week!
Mon - Chest, triceps, shoulders, abs
Wed - Back and bi's
Thurs - Legs and abs

I'm doing Rippetoe's Starting Strength if anyone is familiar with it. I'm trying to get as strong as possible for next soccer season.
Loved this routine when I started. I do IA's simple power based routine now and am having good results with it as well. I usually lift 3 times per week and focus on heavy compound movements. A lot of other stuff is just marketing bs, if you're getting results with something stick to it.

Just finished a chest session, feeling good. Will be hitting back tomorrow :)

Just finished a chest session, feeling good. Will be hitting back tomorrow :)

You should rest man. Hitting 2 large muscle groups back to back ain't good for recovery.

If you have to workout from home, try doing pullups, dips, and burpees. If you do them in a circuit you can end up with a fairly intense bodyweight workout that hits most of your upper body muscles effectively.

My split goes something like this :

Monday - Chest and Calves
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Biceps and Triceps
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Back

I've seen my results skyrocket when switching from full body routines to hypertrophy splits.

If you have to workout from home, try doing pullups, dips, and burpees. If you do them in a circuit you can end up with a fairly intense bodyweight workout that hits most of your upper body muscles effectively.

Pullups are insane, I've recently started them and I can hardly do two proper reps :eek: My back muscles need to be worked hard! However, I can do 50 pushups, now I'm trying to get that up to 60.

Pullups are insane, I've recently started them and I can hardly do two proper reps :eek: My back muscles need to be worked hard! However, I can do 50 pushups, now I'm trying to get that up to 60.

Just started doing weighted pullups today. Did 3 reps of 15lbs. LOL. Can't wait to be reppin 45lbs and look awesome! I can also do about 10 BW pullups. I wish I could do a whole lot more than just that.

Just started doing weighted pullups today. Did 3 reps of 15lbs. LOL. Can't wait to be reppin 45lbs and look awesome! I can also do about 10 BW pullups. I wish I could do a whole lot more than just that.

Wow, good effort man. I can't wait to begin weighted pullups. I'll try and get to 10 BW pullups by the end of this week, challenge accepted :) I guess its just reptition, the more pullups we do, the more our muscles will grow and get used to the movement, allowing us to do more.

Since I moved out to the suburbs I haven't been able to do my routine like I used to when I would train for wrestling and MMA

Most times I would work on the bags; doing some striking and some kicks.
Then I would spar in the ring with my trainer and the hand bags
Do some dangling sit ups and inverted push ups

I lifted weights a lot, just to build muscle but it wasn't to the point where I was majorly bulky.

Wall squats were brutal on the legs especially when you had to hold your arms out in front of you with kettle bell weights.

You guys ever post ads on Craigslist looking for wrestling partners? It's a great way to get training partners to come to your home so you can work on different positions. I would definitely recommend it.

You guys ever post ads on Craigslist looking for wrestling partners? It's a great way to get training partners to come to your home so you can work on different positions. I would definitely recommend it.

That's a great idea. I've used Craigslist so many times for selling and buying but never for services.

Yeah, give it a try. The best place put the ads is in the platonic relationships section. This might sound funny, but if you put it anywhere else, you are going to get a lot of disrespectful responses. This way, you realize minimize the field down to serious responses. Best of luck!

Back