What's new

Working out!

I lift weights 5 days a week, Monday to Friday. I usually seperate Triceps and Chest into a day, Back and Biceps into a day, then fit Shoulders and Legs elsewhere. I eat about 2500 calories a day, but should probably go a little higher. I'm trying to gain weight so I must eat a lot. It makes me wonder how overweight people get fat so easily.

I lift weights four days a week. Currently, I'm doing what is commonly referred to a "push/pull" routine. It goes like this:

MONDAY - Chest, shoulders, triceps, quads [i.e. all pushing movements]
TUESDAY - Back (horizontal movements), biceps, hamstrings calves [i.e. all pulling movements, except calves]
WEDNESDAY - Off
THURSDAY - Chest, shoulders, triceps, quads
FRIDAY - Back (vertical movements), biceps, hamstrings, calves
SATURDAY - Off
SUNDAY - Off

In this manner, I can train every body part twice a week.

I workout daily, it's a great feeling. I would like to think that I have a good physique but it can only get better with time. I also love the pump I get while working out, but it messes up my skill set for basketball.

Starting to get the physique I want. Been on a huge bulk for about a year, now for the past month I've been cutting and starting to drop all this fat to reveal the sexy body I had underneath!

To all you gym enthusiasts:

PLEASE, STAY SAFE.

I have seen and heard of people injuring themselves badly while training.

Remember, form > weight.

Yes, you do not want to hurt yourself from lifting weights. Don't let a big ego make you push weights that you cannot do. Injury is the last thing you want.

Day 1: Upper Body Power
Day 2: Lower Body Power
Day 3: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy
Day 4: Lower Body Hypertrophy
Day 5: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

Day 1: Upper Body Power
Day 2: Lower Body Power
Day 3: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy
Day 4: Lower Body Hypertrophy
Day 5: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

Layne Norton's PHAT, right? I followed it for a few months. It really takes a toll on your joints after a while. It's also better for gaining strength, I didn't really see much hypertrophy. My legs improved a lot, though.

I do workouts for about a year now, usually 3 times a week. Besides this, I was cycling a lot in summer (around 700 kms, which is around 500 miles). And now, that spring is coming, I'll bike again:)
I don't really have a diet, but I always try to eat healthy. Fish, white meats, vegetables, oat, fruits, eggs.

After spring break, I'm hoping to start on the HST program, where you stimulate your muscles continuously without allowing them 100% recovery.

I lift seriously and I have been gaining mass consistently

Also, be sure to have your diet in check. You won't put on the muscle mass if you are not eating right.

Iv been working out properly since March the 1st and less than a week after starting I certainly feel better. My muscles are already feeling firmer and I now cant wait to workout :) Thats got to be a good sign :)

Lifting weights in the gym 3-4 times a week. Keeping a strict diet is however just as important as working out. A lot of proteins and keeping the carbs in check is they way to success.

I have started intermittent fasting today. Later tonight I will be doing deadlifts, pull ups and press ups, on an empty stomach. Will be an interesting experience, I've never trained in a fasted state before.

Iv been working out properly since March the 1st and less than a week after starting I certainly feel better. My muscles are already feeling firmer and I now cant wait to workout :) Thats got to be a good sign :)

A beginner will gain the benefits of the 'noob effect'. Your body has never experienced the stress of weight training. The shock to your body will be a huge catalyst for muscle growth.

A beginner will gain the benefits of the 'noob effect'. Your body has never experienced the stress of weight training. The shock to your body will be a huge catalyst for muscle growth.

So there is more growth potential in a total noob? That's interesting.

I lift seriously and I have been gaining mass consistently

Haha that is actually a nice comment! Then and now I can hear people complaining in the gym: "I just simply can't get ripped/can't get muscular"

****! If you take it seriously (and yes, diet belongs to 'taking it seriously) you WILL look better eventually.

This is true, I wish I'd have sorted out my diet and cashed in on these potential "easy gains" when I first started lifting.

I go to the gym regularly, I made myself a die which is the most important thing to achieve results I want. I switch my programme's sometimes when I feel I can't keep up with them or they are not for me.

Back