What's new

your favorite TV shows

I really enjoyed Game of Thrones (Books and Series), can't wait for season two.
Also liked Outsourced but they scrapped the show after the first Season. This show has a large fan base in South Africa.

Also liked Outsourced but they scrapped the show after the first Season. This show has a large fan base in South Africa.
I had never heard of that series, so I had to go to IMDB to find out what it's about. Now I want to see it--it sounds really, really good.

Wow, that series is awesome!! Can't wait for season 2 either. They ended season 1 with a huge cliffhanger, so I'm beyond curious what will happen next. :)

I had never heard of that series, so I had to go to IMDB to find out what it's about. Now I want to see it--it sounds really, really good.

It's awesome -- perhaps the most realistic of Middle Age / Fantasy world there is so far. They've shown it here uncensored, and there are many graphic scenes and foul language, I liked that somehow -- it's what those days were like, even if it's fantasy and not history based. :)

I'm not so enthusiastic about graphic scenes and foul language--Although I can accept a certain amount for realism's sake, I am less forgiving for fantasy. But I would still like to see it to make up my own mind.

Wow, that series is awesome!! Can't wait for season 2 either. They ended season 1 with a huge cliffhanger, so I'm beyond curious what will happen next. :)

If you are interested in what happens next, perhaps take a look at the books that the series is based on?

I'm not so enthusiastic about graphic scenes and foul language--Although I can accept a certain amount for realism's sake, I am less forgiving for fantasy. But I would still like to see it to make up my own mind.

If you arent into that sort of thing, perhaps "Kings" would be more to your liking. Its intruiging. Just finished the first season, not sure if they made another yet.

Er well i think that its sort of the story of King David from the bible. But way more awesome. There are tanks and political plots. Romance and humour.
Its based in a modernday alternate reality.

Check it out at IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1137462/)

key_art_kings.jpg

If you are interested in what happens next, perhaps take a look at the books that the series is based on?

Nah, I don't wanna spoil it for myself! Later, perhaps, when I've seen the entire series! ;)

I'm still loving Big Bang Theory. Bazinga!
Bazinga back! I thought I was going to die when Sheldon decided he was going to go up against his friend in the physics quiz, and he was "AA", with him wearing Commander gold and the rest in Security red, and his Leonard and the rest in "PMS" tshirts. So funny.

I <3 Star Trek: Voyager!! Our Syfy channel is finally airing it once more, this time with English audio track. I'll try to record all episodes if they fit on my PVR! :)

I watched all the Star Treks. My first love will always be the first one with Kirk, Spock and McCoy, but Voyager was awesome.

Strange, I knew another woman once who preferred the original series.

I've seen the original series so often that you could literally hunt me with it ... I'm glad if I don't have to see it again. ;)

Hey, have you seen the new edition of the original series? They have improved the visuals a lot, it looks much better. :)

I also liked Star Trek: The Next Generation, but I saw that too often as well, but I'd still like to see the English version sometime, in its entirety.

I yet have to see all episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Enterprise.

I think of all the new versions I would have to say Star Trek: Enterprise was my favorite, maybe because it was closer to the original in concept. I've seen the new Star Trek Movie, and I adore it. What a wonderful remake! And a great concept too; that the romulan that came back in time changed the course of history. It allows for all sorts of changes to occur that you wouldn't normally be able to do and still remain faithful to the ST universe.

I've seen the new Star Trek Movie, and I adore it. What a wonderful remake! And a great concept too; that the romulan that came back in time changed the course of history. It allows for all sorts of changes to occur that you wouldn't normally be able to do and still remain faithful to the ST universe.

Yeah the movie's not bad. What I disliked about it was that they killed off the Vulcan home world, and that there's a logical error, ironically -- they acted as if Spock was now a member of an extinct species, but Vulcans are space travellers, and most of the people would've been elsewhere in space anyway; Also, the Vulcan home world looked pretty deserted as if nobody was living on it. Another comical thing is that they exchanged the previous displays in the crafts for LCDs and the in-ship footage looked as if it was filmed in a contemporary power plant on Earth. Probably, they shouldn't have given it to a guy who didn't know anything about the Star Trek universe. That's like a Coca Cola guy running a computer manufacturing business.

I hope there'll be follow-up movies, but it could even be they'll do another reboot b/c of the inconsistencies the movie created.

The space battles were a bit more realistic though, in real time without people thinking about courses of action and making long winded decisions, which wouldn't exist in real space battles -- but they'll probably be run by computers anyway some day if they ever become necessary.

The lack of robots in Star Fleet is pretty confusing though, that Data was just about the only robot in the known universe was sort of hysterical.

With the computer technology we're now having for film making, it should become feasible to use more robots. Perhaps they feared clashes with the Star Wars universe or something, I don't know why they did that (perhaps Roddenberry didn't want them).

(btw, IIRC, Spock was meant to be a robot in the original series, but they didn't have enough money)

Back