What's new

Your member name meaning.....

No, Patty (Swale) likes moths... Not sure everyone followed as much, although very interesting.
It's really worth the read.

I digress, Cecropia....has me beat. Her moths are truly ****s of the moth world. This thread was awesome. I thought I was the only one that had moths flying around my house.....who would have known! LOL

This is true...it never occurred to me that users on here would actually KEEP moths!!

Both of you had my interest for a bit. Maybe we can have a separate moth thread ;)

done! Just read this whole thread! Very entertaining. Should have been cleaning but I just could not stop...

as far as my user name, I worked as a hostess at Red Lobster when I was 16. My first full day of work I was handed my name tag, it read Caddy H. My name is actually Catalina and everyone calls me Caty (pronounced like Patty but with a C). My manager thought Caddy would be less confusing for guests to pronounce.

when I signed up for my first aol account caty was taken, Catalina was taken so I used caddy, H is the first initial of my last name, and March 1st is my bday. I have used caddyh301 since the first days of aol.

This is true...it never occurred to me that users on here would actually KEEP moths!!

Both of you had my interest for a bit. Maybe we can have a separate moth thread ;)

When the cicadia came out...the 17 year ones....my kids would pick them off the trees and bring them in the house to watch them come out of their shells....that was kinda cool too. I had to put a stop to it because I was finding them all over the house. They creeped me out a little because if you freaked them out they would buzzzzzzzzz.

I finally got my internet back on,and have over 50 pages to read here! ugh I am only on page 8 but have to get off so I can get ready for work! :(

my username comes from when I was attending NIU yearsss ago. One of the girls on my floor and I use to flash (not completely however) people across the way at the next tower! :giggle: I know tisk tisk, but hey we were young and it started a trend, they started doing it back. anyhow so we were nicknamed Flash and Twink (twinkle was another word related to flash) and so I combined the two.

Re: ****ty moths... in an experiment, female cecropia moth abdomens were cut off their bodies and still managed to attract males, mate and produce eggs. How's that for creepy?
Carroll-Williams-Hyalophora-with-inset-of-pupal-abdomen.jpg

I digress, Cecropia....has me beat. Her moths are truly ****s of the moth world. This thread was awesome. I thought I was the only one that had moths flying around my house.....who would have known! LOL

done! Just read this whole thread! Very entertaining. Should have been cleaning but I just could not stop...

as far as my user name, I worked as a hostess at Red Lobster when I was 16. My first full day of work I was handed my name tag, it read Caddy H. My name is actually Catalina and everyone calls me Caty (pronounced like Patty but with a C). My manager thought Caddy would be less confusing for guests to pronounce.

when I signed up for my first aol account caty was taken, Catalina was taken so I used caddy, H is the first initial of my last name, and March 1st is my bday. I have used caddyh301 since the first days of aol.

You have the same birthday as my son!

Re: ****ty moths... in an experiment, female cecropia moth abdomens were cut off their bodies and still managed to attract males, mate and produce eggs. How's that for creepy?

Just goes to show you that men really, really do not care & will stick it anywhere, any time, as often as possible. :giggles:

K...I think I coughed up a hairball reading this thread.

But my name, I like to donate to food banks, drive my car really fast and high on the curves, sit on the bank by the water, shoot pool, organize items into rows, and save money with coupons.

Moth people, you are lucky. My kid brought home worms to eat our garbage. It went on for a couple of years in our garage, no way was that container going under my kitchen sink.

Carroll-Williams-Hyalophora-with-inset-of-pupal-abdomen.jpg

Nature is amazing and creepy!

But my name, I like to donate to food banks, drive my car really fast and high on the curves, sit on the bank by the water, shoot pool, organize items into rows, and save money with coupons.

Moth people, you are lucky. My kid brought home worms to eat our garbage. It went on for a couple of years in our garage, no way was that container going under my kitchen sink.

Gotta love the kids and the stuff that they bring home....LOL

Huh? Does this make sense to anyone else?

Huh? Does this make sense to anyone else?
I like to donate to food banks (BANK)
drive my car really fast and high on the curves (CURVES/BANKS)
sit on the bank by the water (BANK)
shoot pool (BANK SHOTS)
organize items into rows (STORAGE/BANK)??
and save money with coupons (BANK MONEY)

If I had a garage or unfinished basement I'd set up a vermiposting box in a heartbeat.

Ha- No- that was from when I got booted off HCW for not following the rules!

Wanted to mention that it's thanks to Sandy's invite back when we were on hcw that I learned about CW. :flowers: So I owe her big time... (but apparently not as much as others owed her!!) Thanks, Sandy!

Wanted to mention that it's thanks to Sandy's invite back when we were on hcw that I learned about CW. :flowers: So I owe her big time... (but apparently not as much as others owed her!!) Thanks, Sandy!

:ha:

If I had a garage or unfinished basement I'd set up a vermiposting box in a heartbeat.

Ennui mine is outside and does just fine all winter in a covered garden tub surrounded by straw. All that composting keeps it warm in there! Zone 5.

Back