What's new

Anxiety or panick attacks

Oh that sounds good. My big thing since all this **** started was I used to love to go places, travel, try stuffs, etc. Now I'm affraid of being some place that I can't leave if I start to feel weird so flying is TOTALLY out until I get this under control so I was thinking if I had some Xanax for these types of situations I might be able to.

I feel bad for my DH because I don't wanna go out to restaurants or movies, plays, etc anymore................had to skip a few weddings in the past couple years too. :pout:

I'm so sorry! Mine doesn't affect me in wanting to go anywhere, mine is getting sick and panicky and not being able to think straight. Usually happens at home... usually bills or family problems are the big triggers which result in needing to take a pill

but i get the most frequent from panic attacks about safety in my house. Those started really hard after our break in at our last apt.

The Xanax made me kind of sleepy at first (good thing is i usually only need to take them at night) but after the first few that side effect wore off.

Great. Thanks mouth. It's nobody's business but mine. Done. End of story. Move on. Leave my private business alone.

Georgie you know I luv you but...come on. Seriously?

I would also like to get this figured out because I would like the option of being able to get a job if I wanted.............right now it wouldn't be possible............won't be able to leave and hide if/when need be. :hides:

This...but Xanax is one of those medications you can alter to adjust to your personal reaction to it. Meaning if they say take a whole one and you are out like a light, try cutting it in half etc. I found a 1/4 of the pill was fine for day time, I could still function clearly etc. it just calmed my anxiety down. Which IMHO is the great thing about Xanax, at the right dosage you don't "feel" anything. :huggy:

The Xanax made me kind of sleepy at first (good thing is i usually only need to take them at night) but after the first few that side effect wore off.

:roll:

No, not seriously! I was just ****in wif muh hos. :roll:

Did I get ya?

And the "seperation" was 2 days. I sent him to the Motel 8 or whatever for the weekend to get over his ****.

We were too focused on LIFE and not each other. And we reconnected... Over and over and over and over again.

A marriage is only lost when people stop trying.

So... Did I get ya? Did ya think I was serious? I text gremlin and said I was gonna **** with y'all! <insert evil laugh here>

mrsmom, did you get the heart tests done? i know that mitral valve prolapse triggers or enhances panic attacks. not to be the least bit alarming, mitral valve prolapse is really not that big of a deal unless it is severe and rarely is, but that is one of the contributing symptoms and generally if it is to be expected or if we know why these are being caused it helps a little. doctors can also prescribe beta blockers if this is the case and t helps to smooth things out. i have been prescribed beta blockers but am terrifed to take most any drugs, i am generally hypersensitive to anything i take so i forgo almost everything. but it does help to know what causes episodes and to know that they will subside. i think the not knowing what is precipitating such events is the worst part. i certainly hope you are feeling better soon. hugs

Mrs. Mom, I knew a lady for yrs. who ONLY took xanax at night before bed...it put her out like a light....I don't know how much she took but, that stuff seemed strong from what she told me...others are probably right...start out w/maybe half a pill and go from there. See how it works for you. BTW, many people have panic attacks and they are quite frightening..it's nothing to be ashamed of. I have had them myself and I really think for women it has a lot to do w/our hormones. JMHO.

mrsmom, did you get the heart tests done? i know that mitral valve prolapse triggers or enhances panic attacks. not to be the least bit alarming, mitral valve prolapse is really not that big of a deal unless it is severe and rarely is, but that is one of the contributing symptoms and generally if it is to be expected or if we know why these are being caused it helps a little. doctors can also prescribe beta blockers if this is the case and t helps to smooth things out. i have been prescribed beta blockers but am terrifed to take most any drugs, i am generally hypersensitive to anything i take so i forgo almost everything. but it does help to know what causes episodes and to know that they will subside. i think the not knowing what is precipitating such events is the worst part. i certainly hope you are feeling better soon. hugs

Wow, I never knew this! I have mitral valve prolapse...don't take anything for it but know I have it...good to know! Thanks!

Did I get ya?

And the "seperation" was 2 days. I sent him to the Motel 8 or whatever for the weekend to get over his ****.

We were too focused on LIFE and not each other. And we reconnected... Over and over and over and over again.

So... Did I get ya? Did ya think I was serious? I text gremlin and said I was gonna **** with y'all! <insert evil laugh here>

That is so true...either one person or both...good for you that you had the strength to realize that! I say this all the time...I've known so many peeps that are in that boat...my cousin for one! They ended up divorced and she now lives w/her parents and her two boys.

My sister takes a Xanax before she flies on a plane, it knocks her out.

My mom suffered with anxiety disorder, agoraphobia and panic attacks for my entire childhood. My parents were divorced, her issues made my life very difficult. She did not take any meds (though there were no good ones back then really), she solved her issues with cognitive / behavioral therapy when I was in my early 20s.

She still has issues sometimes, still has attacks sometimes, but she still has never taken any meds and won't. The behavioral modification route is a very valid one.

Mrs. Mom, I knew a lady for yrs. who ONLY took xanax at night before bed...it put her out like a light....I don't know how much she took but, that stuff seemed strong from what she told me...others are probably right...start out w/maybe half a pill and go from there. See how it works for you. BTW, many people have panic attacks and they are quite frightening..it's nothing to be ashamed of. I have had them myself and I really think for women it has a lot to do w/our hormones. JMHO.
and it seems to have a ton to do with your hormones as well. mine are like clockwork and are quite predictable nowadays, i keep wondering what menopause will unleash.........................................not looking forward to that

Did I get ya?

i don't think they find it funny :lol:

That is so true...either one person or both...good for you that you had the strength to realize that! I say this all the time...I've known so many peeps that are in that boat...my cousin for one! They ended up divorced and she now lives w/her parents and her two boys.

Frankly, it can make thangs really hawt if you can get passed the crap that is coming between you and focus on coming back together again.

Marriage is a sacred thing and needs to be treated as such. Everyone has rough patches. No one is excluded. Not even me! DH more recently was starting to have some "mid life crisis" stuff going on. He turned 40 at the beginning of June and suddenly felt like he was a failure in life and couldn't do anything right and wanted to be futher in life... Blah blah blah. That is part of why I went off the map. I was trying to help him ova the hump. He's doing fine now. I have no doubt that at some point one of us will go through a dark time again. It happens. People need to see that after the dark, comes the dawn. Wouldn't you like it to be with the one that you loved enough to marry?...

So how many did I get with that one?

10.gif

Thanks guys..........no they didn't do any heart tests yet, but I really do think it has something to do with it.........the tightness is right on my heart (area).

I also think my hormones are whacked, but my last doc ran blood tests and said it's fine. :9:

Yes Georgie I really thought you were pissed. :surrender:

Georgie the creepy color changing clown is more than I can take. Throw in this winking and it's just too much. :surrender:

No, I think it would be worse if it was an evil demented looking scary clown...this one looks tame!:lol: The devil face was scary to me! :)

Back