What's new

cheerleaders come in and sound off

cheerleards come in and sound off

I actually wish I could have made a surprise visit to meet you folks ( and probably get clubbed to death in the process) but my daughter is getting married on the 25th, and I'm the "wedding planner".

Would have been fun ( if painful :laughpill:) to meet you all though....

In my opinion Joe , you're welcome to come on down, the more the merrier. I do respect your views even when we don't get along and i think we'd have a great time....Come on you can get away from the wedding planning for 1 night :winkpill:

In my opinion Joe , you're welcome to come on down, the more the merrier. I do respect your views even when we don't get along and i think we'd have a great time....Come on you can get away from the wedding planning for 1 night :winkpill:

Unfortunately, this was VERY short notice, and I'm working every day to pull it together.

I would have especially liked to meet Thunder. Though most of you don't know it, we share and agree on most things about running a karaoke show. Unfortunately, the SC threads make us look like there is animosity between us, but in reality there is a mutual respect. We actually get along in other threads.... SURPRISE! :winkpill:

Joe,

You can take off one day and come down. Weddings are going to happen regardless of the planner :winkpill:!

Nobody is going to pull out a rope when you get there! :laughpill:

Unfortunately, this was VERY short notice, and I'm working every day to pull it together.

I would have especially liked to meet Thunder. Though most of you don't know it, we share and agree on most things about running a karaoke show. Unfortunately, the SC threads make us look like there is animosity between us, but in reality there is a mutual respect. We actually get along in other threads.... SURPRISE! :winkpill:

Yeah the SC threads tend to make a lot of us look like that, but as i've said before i'd have drinks with any of you. If you do happen to find that you can take a little road trip that Monday/Tuesday you are more than welcome though :)

Joe,

You can take off one day and come down. Weddings are going to happen regardless of the planner :winkpill:!

Nobody is going to pull out a rope when you get there! :laughpill:

Steve, it's MY DAUGHTER'S wedding. If anything goes wrong, I'm in the doghouse for life....:nopill:

Steve, it's MY DAUGHTER'S wedding. If anything goes wrong, I'm in the doghouse for life....:nopill:

Joe the only thing that can go wrong of any consequence you have no control over anyway, relax and let the wedding happen, something needs to screw up to make it all come together anyway, you being relaxed will make it a lot less stressful for everyone else! Besides DJs and bands can't stand a pushy WP anyway!:laughpill:

Ok guys got a reply from Kurt November sunday the 14th with most leaving the 16 eve or 17 morning seemed to be the best timing for most. He has a window at the same time. I dont know about any of the Jolt get togeathers but what are we gonna do besides meet and eat and play? and I need a final tally. I think I see 7 replies but I am sleep deprived. BTW Joe we would love to have you suprize us:yespill:

Athena, are you still going to wear the body paint ?

If people come in on Sunday, that only leaves us Monday to sing together, since we'll all go home on Tuesday. Oh, and another thing. What happens in Charlotte, stays in Charlotte. :winkpill:

Athena, are you still going to wear the body paint ?

If people come in on Sunday, that only leaves us Monday to sing together, since we'll all go home on Tuesday. Oh, and another thing. What happens in Charlotte, stays in Charlotte. :winkpill:

It's a "cheerleader sing-along?"

You folks are traveling all that way to "perform karaoke songs for each other?"

Oh, gee! I wanna go! I wanna go!

Caution Chip, I'm bringing a very long rope just in case.:winkpill:

It looks like it's basicly a one day get together. We all find a common hotel. We meet at Sound Choice some time in the afternoon, have dinner, go back to the hotel, do a little karaoke later in the evening, string up Chip from a lamp post, then go to bed. Looks like our scheduel is pretty full.

BTW, who's bringing the system ?

It's a "cheerleader sing-along?"

You folks are traveling all that way to "perform karaoke songs for each other?"

Oh, gee! I wanna go! I wanna go!

All this is, is a chance for seven or so friends who have never met, (but have corrosponded in these forums), to get together and meet face to face. We're all looking forward to having a good time. Why do you have to try to spoil it for us. This particular thread and get together has absolutely nothing to do with you, so why are you trying to spoil it for us ?

Why do you have to be that way Chip ? Can't you just try being a nice guy for a change ?

I agree we just get togeather have and good time> I wish everyone had more time but maybe next time:biggrinpill:I dont know if DH would be comfortable with me wearing just body paint:laughpill:

If we don't end up finding a room for Karaoke are there any good Karaoke spots to visit locally does anyone know?

All this is, is a chance for seven or so friends who have never met, (but have corrosponded in these forums), to get together and meet face to face. We're all looking forward to having a good time. Why do you have to try to spoil it for us. This particular thread and get together has absolutely nothing to do with you, so why are you trying to spoil it for us ?

Why do you have to be that way Chip ? Can't you just try being a nice guy for a change ?

I'm not trying to spoil anything.... and contrary to popular belief, I really am a nice guy, I'm just very headstrong about my opinions. Besides, after all these years Skid, have I every told you to "stuff it?" Nope. I might disagree with you in a very passionate way, but I still think you're good guy too. (Tragically, almost dangerously misguided as I believe you might be.)

I hope you have a great time.... I just didn't realize the focal point was to become a karaoke party.

If I were there, I'd bring scissors for your rope just to add to the excitement and a cheese-only (U) pizza for Kurt.

Ok I am good for Sunday and Monday!

There is a place that does karaoke kinda close. (Just a couple miles away).Chubby's Karaoke. If I'm not mistaken, I think Chubby was affilated with Sound Choice some years ago. Maybe Kurt can tell us. Still, I think we'd have more fun using a conference room at the hotel. A 7 singer rotation beats a 27 singer rotation at a club. Also, finding a Monday night karaoke club might be hard.

I am so looking forward to this.

O-K, I've spent the better part of an hour Googleing "Karaoke In Charlotte". I found several clubs listed, but only one having karaoke on Monday night. The afore mentioned Chubby's karaoke at the Dixie Tavern. It has mixed reviews describing it as a redneck bar, kinda dirty restrooms, sticky floors and sticky tables. Also described as a 20's crowd. I don't think that's what we're looking for.

Back