What's new

cheerleaders come in and sound off

cheerleards come in and sound off

I advised Kurt to invite all SC'ers too ....hope they can all make it ...Kurt said we MAY be able to get the sound engineers to do a bit of recording as well. This should be a blast:yespill:I wish I knew how to post the pics of the room Kurt sent ...if someone can advise me of how I will add them:winkpill:

Man i wish I could go.:unhappypill:

But I have a wedding that saturday and a birthday that sunday.

Have fun gals & guys!!!!!!:biggrinpill::yespill:

I'm not gonna arive until that Monday and going back on Tuesday So hopefully I don't miss anything. I get in at 7:55 in the morning on the 15th after oh about 18 hrs on a bus.

Oh Danny...what a long ride on a bus...we wont let you miss anything:winkpill:
We have a 13 hr drive but at least there will be two of us to drive cant wait to meet you all

Yep, i'm coming on Monday as well and leaving Tuesday so hopefully it is Monday night that we have the room :) And Athena to upload the pic he sent you.....Go to www.Tinypic.com , choose a file to upload and upload your image there and it will give you code that you can copy into a comment here and the picture will show up, just copy the code for " forums and message boards "

In advanced reply there is an upload feature that you can upload a photo if you want. It lets you upload up to three pictures is what it looks like. Something like this:

Athena, you are 'da bomb.

I guess we need a time line. That is, when do we all meet, when we do the tour, etc... I guess we'll initially meet at Sound Choice at a particular time since no one has mentioned hotels yet.

Yeah, It would be nice to figure out when to meet up as I get in early in the morning. Need to know where I am going first.

For those bringing your systems, any possibility of uploading a copy of your songlist. Yeah I'm one of those that likes to know ahead of time what they are singing.
Kind of like this:

Wish I could come to the Karaoke Mecca. Sounds like a good time. :-(

Maybe you guys could get Kurt to record you all in the SC studios singing "We are the world". :laughpill:

Looks like we may have "system overkill". I was going to bring a system too. We'll just have to get together and decide who's bringing what. Also, even if you run a computer show, we'll still need a CD-G player. No one is going to have everything everyone wants, so I guess some folks will bring disks.

On a side note, I think we've got about seven people lined up. Not a bad rotation.

BTW, does anybody know if Kurt or Derek sing?

Sing Karaoke? I don't touch the stuff, LOL. A man has to know his limitations - and singing is mine. You know all those jokes about singing "Solo" (so low no one can hear you) and "Tenor" (ten or fifteen miles away) - they were thought up with me in mind.

I have sung in public IN A GROUP only three times in my "Karaoke Kareer" - although I did add my vocals to the background crowd in "Friends in Low Places". That's the extent of my singing - and Derek is the same.

I've done some checking for hotels in the area. There a couple close to Sound Choice. Nice, but not too fancy. Both on Independence Blvd. The Stray Lodge and the Yorkshire Inn. Do a Google and check them out. Both are in the $50-$60 range. There are plenty of others, but farther away, and more expensive. What's everybody's price range for a room ? Also plenty of restaurants close by. I guess I could also do a Google for karaoke in Charlotte, but I'm sure Kurt can send us in the right direction.

I 'll ask David Chubb of Chubby's Karaoke (David is Chubby's son and Chubby used to work for me - he's in Cancun now doing karaoke there.). Chubby developed the idea of the Foundation BTW.

If you would rather do something outside of the office, I'll see if we can rustle someplace up, but remember Monday night football. I think in an earlier post Athena mentioned I offered up the use of one of our big conference rooms.

Steve, it's MY DAUGHTER'S wedding. If anything goes wrong, I'm in the doghouse for life....:nopill:

But if you are not THERE, she can't blame you. I have no problem letting you into our facility. Most of our major competitors have even visited in the past. I'll even make you a good deal on some Sound Choice CDGs or even MP3G discs!

For that matter, I had a couple of hundred miscellaneous discs that were returns (still in the shrink wrap, though) that I was going to sell en masse to a dealer of ours who specializes in "closeouts" or buying stock from stores closing down. Maybe I'll hang on to them and make them available real cheap if anyone wants to look them over those days.

Ok it is a go for the 14th, 15th, 16th?

I am going to be leaving 1 ticked off bunch for Monday night Karaoke though, my second system really isn't ready since I have only put together the Supercore/KK, MMVE, CB450 set with only two SC disc in the whole thing!

I wanted to bring my drive and disc down for a possible audit if it can be arranged so I will throw a small system into the truck and bring that as well, so if we want to set up a private show and sing we can! I will be leaving on Tuesday though, because if there isn't any SC disc at that show there will be a riot!

LOL, Thunder. Ya know, I think I can scare up a few tracks for you all to sing with. As a matter of fact we have a few hard drives ourselves (evidence in cases that we have not filed yet) that have, oh, 100,000 songs or so...

OK. here's a CRAZY idea (inspired by me offering to set JoeC up with some really good quality discs (i.e. Sound Choice) instead of what he runs now. For those willing to make the effort to visit, I'll do a 25% off deal on a complete set of Sound Choice Gem Series discs - that's a savings of over $1100 - enough to pay for your trip! Our biggest discount to date has been 10%, so this is a deal. If we did 12 month financing, with a 15% downpayment ($504), your payments (including a convenience fee) would be $260 a month for 12 months. If you could pick up an extra gig with a new set, it would cash flow itself - and maybe you could go and knock a few pirates out in your area armed with our SafeHarbor literature.

A great big thank you to Sound Choice.

Now, with Kurt being gracious enough to give us a room, do you think it would be disrepectfull to sing non Sound Choice songs? CB, PS, etc... There are a lot of songs I like to sing that are not on Sound Choice disks, and I don't want to offend anyone. :embarrassedpill:

You know Skid, I don't have a problem with (reasonably) FAIR competition. How about out of respect for our "house" you limit it to DKK, CB, Pocket Songs, Stellar, SC (of course), All Star, Priddis, Zoom, Sunfly.

Back