What's new

Had a mammogram today.

Test results came in early. Not good news. :(

I have ductal carcinoma in situ This could be spelled wrong. I think they said early stage and contained. This is a breast cancer.

Have to meet with the surgeon next Wednesday to explain everything and go over my treatment options. I am scared and right now so very tired.

Sorry to hear that news summermay. Saying prayers for you and your family. :huggy:

Summermay - although it sounds bad I just did some quick reading and this is a non-invasive form of breast cancer and may even turn out to be non-malignant. It sounds like it is easily treated and you'll be back to your old self and cancer free in no time at all.

It is a good thing that it was caught early. My continued prayers for you.

Summermay - although it sounds bad I just did some quick reading and this is a non-invasive form of breast cancer and may even turn out to be non-malignant. It sounds like it is easily treated and you'll be back to your old self and cancer free in no time at all.

Thanks, I'm trying not to read too much on it just yet. It's all so overwhelming. This gives me some hope.

:huggy::huggy::huggy: and prayers for you

Canadia is correct, if you have to have breast cancer, this is the best type of bad news. It is the most curable and will not spread, especially if caught early.

My cousin had this in her early thirties and she's been fine for years now.

I am so sorry summermay. I wish I had the power ro take your worries away! There are times when we don't understand why things happen, but you will in time. Don't give up! Get better so you can enjoy life to the fullest! Praying for you.

Test results came in early. Not good news. :(

I have ductal carcinoma in situ This could be spelled wrong. I think they said early stage and contained. This is a breast cancer.

Have to meet with the surgeon next Wednesday to explain everything and go over my treatment options. I am scared and right now so very tired.

OMG! I am soooo sorry to hear this SummerMay... my prayers are with you and your family. Hopefully this was caught early...

Summer I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hopefully being contained it will be easier to deal with.

So sorry they found something, Summer. Thank God though, for the "good" news of it being an easier type to cure. Praying for your recovery and wishing you strength along the journey. :huggy:

Summermay-

I don't know if this will help you be at ease more or not and am certainly not trying to make you more nervous but I felt better knowing what was coming next for my MIL.

More than likely the next step will be to go for a biopsy/lumpectomy. They will remove the mass and several centimeters of tissue around the mass (like a donut around the mass). The surgeon will also take a couple of lymph nodes also. If the outer area of tissue is cancer free around the mass than you are done as far as your breast. No need to remove anymore. Also, if the lymph nodes come back clean than you would be done at that point from anything further. No chemo would be needed if the lymph nodes are clean.

In my MIL's case, they got all the cancer during the biopsy however her lymph nodes showed cancer cells. Once they are found there, you have to do chemo. She also had ductal and has her last chemo on Tuesday. She is 74 and is doing great. She will make a full recovery and so will you.

I will be praying for no cancer cells in your lymph nodes because that would be the easiest way out of this for you. But if they are there, don't despair, chemo was not what I thought it would be like. She needs to do radiation next and I have no doubt she will pull through that with flying colors also.

I pray that this as helped you relax a little. I was absolutely a bundle of nerves when we found out about my MIL but now that I have gone through this entire process with her...I realized that this is not a death sentence by any means. If she can go through all of this at 74...you can go through it at your young age.

Praying hard and steadfast for you. God bless you and your family. :huggy:

Summermay-

I don't know if this will help you be at ease more or not and am certainly not trying to make you more nervous but I felt better knowing what was coming next for my MIL.

It did help me understand and did not scare me more. Thanks for the info and for your kindness and concern.

crabbe that was a great, informative post.....thanks for helping our sweet summermay :huggy:

And not to leave anyone out..

You are all being a great comfort to me in the beginning of a very difficult time. All your kind words thoughts, prayers, advice and info are making me feel better. I don't like being a burden to others or causing worry. It's so strange that people you don't even really know can care so much. I'm truly glad you all do.

Saying lots of prayers for you SummerMay! Try to remember how prayer worked for your daughter and her baby before and have faith that they will work again! We are here for you!

Thinking of you throught out the day. I had a double lumpectomy/biopsy 5 years ago. I remember all the scary feelings and thoughts while going though all the medical stuff. The bright side you found this out early so the doctors can take care of things. and remind yourself- everything is and will be OK. When is the next step- surgery?
Take care of yourself

Will DH be able to be with you on Wed.?

Or your friend...I'll be thinking of you.

Where in Ohio are you...not stalking, have friends there

Back