What's new

Had a mammogram today.

I hope everything is well. I know how scarey it can sound, but at least you have a dr that wants to go the extra mile and make sure everything is check out. Keep your head up.

Thank you for the update, I have been thinking of you all day. You will get through this day by day, hour by hour if it needs to be that way. We are all here for you.:)

Prayers for you--and don't worry about the money--if you have to make payments then so be it--you arrange to make payments---most importantly get through the next part--and then you can move on to the financials---Pray you do qualify for help--but if they come back-and say no--then just arrange payments--and just be firm--they will say a High amount--you say NOPE can't do--and negotiate until you get to a comfortable amount--
PRayers for you

Hugs and prayers ....

Lots of :huggy: for you!

This is what you spend money on. Oh and not to be off topic, but they do offer discounts for cash pay...so ask.

You're getting care and will get this taken care of. It's scary, but soon you'll know what you're facing and what to do.

Thanks everyone. I got to play with baby Ethan this afternoon. I so want to see him grow up. Think positive! I will, I will!

I know the money is the farthest thing I should worry about but I do. Hubby (still stranded) said all that doesn't matter. I matter and we will do whatever we have too. I so worry about him.

I've heard there are programs to help and discounts to get. I know some hospitals just write off bills or sometimes cut them majorly down. This was done for my sister-in-law a few years ago. I want to pay for my care, I'm not looking for a freebie. Ok maybe and if anyone has any discounts coupons for a major health crisis I would probably be willing to trade just about anything and everything I got to trade. :)

I don't feel well right now, probably just nerves and worry. Haven't been sleeping much I guess I have a lot going on.

Saying prayers for you and your family. These things are so scary, I wish there was more I could do.

Thank everyone. :foryou:

Hubby finally got home, I slept, played with Ethan some more.

I talked with my brother on Friday, he is a chiropractor. Now boobs are not his field but he does have medical knowledge and knows a thing or two about medical billing and such. Plus he has a matter of fact way that makes me feel better. Bottom line is he said I need the test and NOT to get ahead of myself with the worse possible outcome. I have already been there and done that. I need this test to see what I'm up against. He said NOT to worry about the cost of anything. He said pay my normal household bills first. He said most tests are a 50% markup. If need be let them all stack up, then negotiate (he said a third) or file for a medical bankruptcy.

He said he would do whatever I needed, as I knew he would. Go with me and even offered me money if I need it. I did list him as a person that could be talked with about my care. As far as telling my dad and sister he said it was my choice of course but I really don't know yet what's totally going on.

I called twice a left my number for a financial counselor at the hospital. They have not called back. Will try again on Monday. I'm suppose to see if I can qualify for assistance. I really doubt it. Test time at the woman's center was reserved for me next Wednesday morning.

I'm the type that doesn't like to burden others. It bothered me to see my friend Janice cry. I was glad she was with me but I didn't want to add to her already hectic life. She did say I would do the same for her, and I would. A little funny here. As we were waiting to see the doctor she asked if I wanted her to go back with me. I was like if she was comfortable with it I didn't care it was just a boob. I told her I'd had seen her backside a few years ago when she was in the hospital after some female surgery. So I guess we are even.

It's good to hear that you have support, summermay... hang in there.... praying for the bestest possible news for you :huggy:

Glad to read that Hubby is home :)

How's Ethan doing? Babies are so cute

Needle biopsy test is tomorrow morning. I am trying very hard to stay calm. Please keep some good thoughts for me. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of what could be a very difficult time.

Prayers and good thoughts for you, summer :huggy:

Back