What's new

No discussion of Trayvon Martin?

Assuming FL works the same way as IL, the jury has already been selected...here's how it works in IL:
I wouldn't assume that. Everything in FL is **** backwards....this jury will come down to counting the hanging chads.....

Grand jury proceedings are basically the same in FL, a grand jury is already "sitting," though it appears from what I read earlier there are more people on a FL grand jury than here in IL.

I sat on a GJ back in the mid-90s, it was at turns super interesting and stupendously boring.

I hope the right thing includes paying their hotel bill.

"The McClains were forced to flee their home and stay at a local Sanford hotel after their address was tweeted out to hundreds of thousands of twitter followers"

From the Los Angeles Times.....

The McClains’ claim is fully resolved,†Matt Morgan, their attorney, said in an email. “Mr. Lee personally called them to give a very heartfelt apology. Further, he agreed to compensate them for their loss and the disruption to their lives.

“The McClains were very moved by Mr. Lee's apology,†Morgan said. “They would like the Lee family to be left in peace,†Morgan said.

Earlier, Morgan had said that the McClains wanted to resolve the issues with Lee quickly to illustrate that whites and blacks could work together to settle their differences without escalating racial tensions.

very powerful.....

“I would believe that, by stirring up all of the emotions and reactions, I wanted to encourage them to remember the man that they say that they followed, to remember that his message was nonviolence and very loving,†King told The Daily Caller, referencing her late uncle. She added that she wanted to encourage Jackson and Sharpton “to talk about nonviolence and not to incite people with that race card that they are very good at playing.â€
“Nonviolence was a very important part of the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr,†she added. “So, we want to encourage people to be nonviolent in their responses, to be thorough in their research and that justice must be done…We want justice to come, but we want nonviolent responses to this really tragic and terrible incident.â€

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/28/a...-race-card-over-trayvon-martin/#ixzz1qYHHfR7x

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
MLK, Jr

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
MLK, Jr
the voice of reason at last TYVM MLK, Jr.

Since the police station video was released (showing no sign of Mr Zimmerman having been in a physical altercation and certainly he is not beaten to a bloody pulp), Mr Zimmerman's father is now making statements that instead of being beaten up by Martin, Martin instead went for Zimmerman's gun and was shot in the struggle for the gun. The story keeps changing to suit what evidence there is that comes to light ...

Since the police station video was released (showing no sign of Mr Zimmerman having been in a physical altercation and certainly he is not beaten to a bloody pulp), Mr Zimmerman's father is now making statements that instead of being beaten up by Martin, Martin instead went for Zimmerman's gun and was shot in the struggle for the gun. The story keeps changing to suit what evidence there is that comes to light ...

Funny how none of those defenders have actually ASKED Zimmerman what happened, because then they might perjer themselves should they be called to testify.

"They may have cleaned him up, I don't know," Robert Zimmerman told the Fox affiliate in Orlando.
I would have certainly asked hundreds of questions if someone I was close to had killed someone, especially before I started talking to the press about it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ard-aggressive-ex-co-worker-article-1.1053223
The year 2005 was a bad one for Zimmerman: he was arrested for fighting with a cop trying to arrest his friend for underage drinking
Fighting with a cop? Just the kind of person who should be out running around with a gun, playing cop, disobeying the police dispatcher and rules of Neighborhood Watch. Right?

He was also prosecuted for domestic violence.

Ennui, you need to remember that this man was a self-appointed neighborhood watch "captain." I find it ridiculous that his neighbors put up with his antics (have you seen the dozens of 911 calls he made about open garage doors, trash cans out too long, etc?). He at the least was a total paranoid pest, too bad everyone just let him escalate to this terrible conclusion.

I don't understand why the police put up with him.

A friend's mom developed dementia, as it went on, the mom [who lived alone in the family home] began imagining things like seeing a man peeping in through her windows, or that her neighbor stole her dog. She'd call the police, they'd come out to investigate each time. Nothing had ever really happened. The police had to call my friend about her mom's repeated calls to 911 over several months. Her mom was moved to assisted living, mainly because the police got tired of the nuisance calls.

Trayvon Martin shooting: It's not George Zimmerman crying for help on 911 recording, 2 experts say

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-george-zimmerman-911-20120331,0,250481.story

As the Trayvon Martin controversy splinters into a debate about self-defense, a central question remains: Who was heard crying for help on a 911 call in the moments before the teen was shot?

A leading expert in the field of forensic voice identification sought to answer that question by analyzing the recordings for the Orlando Sentinel.

His result: It was not George Zimmerman who called for help.

Tom Owen, forensic consultant for Owen Forensic Services LLC and chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence, used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman. Another expert contacted by the Sentinel, utilizing different techniques, came to the same conclusion.

Zimmerman claims self-defense in the shooting and told police he was the one screaming for help. But these experts say the evidence tells a different story.

Owen, a court-qualified expert witness and former chief engineer for the New York Public Library's Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound, is an authority on biometric voice analysis — a computerized process comparing attributes of voices to determine whether they match.

"I took all of the screams and put those together, and cut out everything else," Owen says.

The software compared that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher than 90 percent.

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen says, stressing that he cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's, because he didn't have a sample of the teen's voice to compare.

Two males, one armed with a gun, one unarmed.
Why would the guy with the gun in his hands be the one screaming for help?

Reason says it was the unarmed guy screaming for help when he saw the gun being pulled on him. Wouldn't you be screaming your head off for help if a stranger pulled a gun on you?

I know some of us have ranted before about the MSM's bias.....here is a blantant example of the media (NBC) editing the 911 tapes:

"In the first, edited version, Zimmerman is heard saying: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.â€

In the second, unedited passage, he is heard saying: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.â€

And the dispatcher says: “OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?â€

And that’s when Zimmerman says: “He looks black.â€

In the wake of the editing revelation, NBC is being accused of deliberately editing the recording to make it seem as if the tape proves Zimmerman “racially profiled†Martin before their confrontation. If the edit was intentional, the critics are saying, then NBC is guilty of deliberately fanning the flames in a case that has the entire country debating issues of justice and race."

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv...ed-trayvon-911-tape-spurs-internal-nbc-probe/

Also, ABC has now "enhanced" the video of Zimmerman at the police station and it now shows Zimmerman clearly has wounds on his head.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-case-video-shows-injury-george-zimmermans/story?id=16055412

Back