What's new

No discussion of Trayvon Martin?

Are you seriously saying if your son was killed under these circumstances that you would be satisfied with the explanation given? Get cold comfort from the idea that your kid was in some way asking for it?

If so, poor him. Hope you're friendly with your neighbors.

Where have you read that Martin was beaten? I haven't seen that anywhere.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say. There have been no reports that a witness saw the initial punch Zimmerman told police about.

Given the circumstances of the way Trayvon was accosted, any defensive action he took was within his legal rights under Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

Funny that Zimmerman is trying to use the same law to excuse his actions.

more details from same paper....

One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest at very close range, according to authorities.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

Given the circumstances of the way Trayvon was accosted, any defensive action he took was within his legal rights under Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

Funny that Zimmerman is trying to use the same law to excuse his actions.

Who said he was accosted? According to Zimmerman, he was on the phone with 411 (not 911 by the way) and when the dispatcher told him not to follow him he said "ok". This is when he was walking back to his car and when Martin approached him.

Who said he was accosted? According to Zimmerman, he was on the phone with 411 (not 911 by the way) and when the dispatcher told him not to follow him he said "ok". This is when he was walking back to his car and when Martin approached him.

After he accosted him? No?

I really think a court of law with ALL the evidence should decide if Zimmerman is guilty or not. Like Autunmsky said, there are two sides to every story.

ITA. The worst part is IF Zimmerman's actions were justified and he's not charged/is acquitted (and I'm not saying they were justified, because I don't know), the media has gotten the country all worked up against him now, "he's guilty"... good luck convincing the public that they misjudged him... there's a bounty on his head, right now!

All news reports agree there was at least "a mutual tussle."

All the articles I've seen document conflicting witness statements, only one witness actually seeing any fighting before the shooting (saying Martin was throwing the punches), and the police reports noting injuries on Zimmerman.

I scares me to think that the media did not do due dilligence in getting all the facts. It was portrayed in the beginning as a cold blooded murder and not that there was a fight. Changes the story a lot in my opinion.

My mistake....I meant 311. I read that he called that number. But like I said, who knows until it is tried in a COURT OF LAW.

He has to be charged before that could happen, and there is probable cause to arrest him and that hasn't happened.

There aren't two sides to this. Only idiots fed by MSM's spin, or racists believe there is one.

I think probable cause is that he gunned down an unarmed teenager in a residential neighborhood after being told not to follow him, after the police had already been alerted.

One night recently I went outside to go for a walk. As I was on my porch, a teenager ran out from between the houses. After my initial reaction of yelling, "Hey! What are you doing?" I started after him. After thinking about it for a second I decided it wasn't a good idea. I suppose I could have chased him down, gotten into a scuffle with him & shot him (if I was a gun owner.) Turns out it was my **** neighbor kid being his **** neighbor self. Probably no different than the situation in FL, except I was going for a walk & Zimmerman was out looking for trouble.

I think probable cause is that he gunned down an unarmed teenager in a residential neighborhood after being told not to follow him, after the police had already been alerted.

:shesaid:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justice/florida-teen-shooting-witnesses/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Mary Cutcher was in her kitchen making coffee that night with her roommate, Selma Mora Lamilla. The window was open, she said.

"We heard a whining. Not like a crying, boohoo, but like a whining, someone in distress, and then the gunshot," she said.

They looked out the window but saw nothing. It was dark.

They ran out the sliding glass door, and within seconds, they saw Zimmerman.

"Zimmerman was standing over the body with -- basically straddling the body with his hands on Trayvon's back," Cutcher said. "And it didn't seem to me that he was trying to help him in any way. I didn't hear any struggle prior to the gunshot.

"And I feel like it was Trayvon Martin that was crying out, because the minute that the gunshot went off, the whining stopped."

Right, and from your same link, 2 paragraphs later:

Another resident who identified himself as John contradicted Cutcher's account. He remembered Martin being on top of Zimmerman.

He told the Orlando TV station WOFL that a guy wearing red yelled to him, "Help! Help!"

"I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said. "And then when I got upstairs and looked down, the person that was on top beating up the other guy was the one laying in the grass. I believe he was dead at that point."

Right, and from your same link, 2 paragraphs later:

Another resident who identified himself as John contradicted Cutcher's account. He remembered Martin being on top of Zimmerman.

He told the Orlando TV station WOFL that a guy wearing red yelled to him, "Help! Help!"

"I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said. "And then when I got upstairs and looked down, the person that was on top beating up the other guy was the one laying in the grass. I believe he was dead at that point."

Yes, we already discussed that witnesses account.

Back