What's new

Packing...

It looks about the size of my backpack that I use when I fly as my personal item. You should have no problems with it. and it should fit under the seat in front of you OK so you will have easy access to it.

Cute purse Liz!

Do you guys think they'll count this as a purse? I put it next to a bottle of water so you could tell how big it is.

001.jpg

Is that your bed?:16:

M

Sorry, M. That is as close as you will get....she posted she doesn't like you.

Harsh....but I guess it is what it is.

I think he said he likes Asian women though.....no? Hey M.....how 'bout a chick going to China? Will that do? :snicker:

I checked about the in-country baggage weights. It's 44 lbs. International flights are 50 lbs. I packed all my stuff in plastic ziplocs in case of rain or humidity. They are not as careful with luggage in China, so be ready for things to possibly get beat up or wet. I would also suggest a set of extra clothing in your carryon, just in case your luggage goes missing for a bit. It does happen!

I think he said he likes Asian women though.....no? Hey M.....how 'bout a chick going to China? Will that do? :snicker:

Actually I think that was the other guy. I'm an equal opportunity predator. ;)

M

Actually I think that was the other guy. I'm an equal opportunity predator. ;)

M

****.....I get my guys mixed up.....what can I say. ;) But wait, you're the no sweaty **** guy right?

An extra change of cloths...or at least a shirt. There's a good chance the baby will spit up on you. And tylenol and saline drops for baby. Those flights are really dry and their little noses get stuffed up easy. The saline will help make her more comfortable.

Ear plugs...they always come in handy at some point on a trip!

Got them!

Cute purse Liz!

Thanks!

Is that your bed?:16:

Yes

I checked about the in-country baggage weights. It's 44 lbs. International flights are 50 lbs. I packed all my stuff in plastic ziplocs in case of rain or humidity. They are not as careful with luggage in China, so be ready for things to possibly get beat up or wet. I would also suggest a set of extra clothing in your carryon, just in case your luggage goes missing for a bit. It does happen!

I'm bringing all of my clothes in my carry-on. I do have some underwear and socks in my gigantic purse just in case something happens to the other bag. I don't want to have to wear someone else's underwear.

An extra change of cloths...or at least a shirt. There's a good chance the baby will spit up on you. And tylenol and saline drops for baby. Those flights are really dry and their little noses get stuffed up easy. The saline will help make her more comfortable.

That's my niece. She's the one we're going to see. She won't be with us on the flight.

oh, ok. When you mentioned bringing diapers and wipes, I thought she was going with you.

oh, ok. When you mentioned bringing diapers and wipes, I thought she was going with you.

I'm bringing them for her because they are more expensive there and aren't as good. And of course I got really good deals on them.

Less than two days until we leave! Anyone else have travel advice for me?

Don't know if this was covered or not, but always, always, always keep your passport on you and close to your body.

DH's coworkers were in Canada a couple weeks ago on business. They stopped for coffe and got back to their rental car to find their window smashed and all their stuff stolen (suitcases, laptop cases, tools, etc.). The passports were in their laptop cases. They called the US embassy who couldn't help until the police filed their report. It took the police like 7 hours to get there. They missed all that days flights back home, phones were dying (charger was in their stuff). It was a total ****.

DH drove to meet the guy's wife to get a spare set of keys for his car and met the guy at the airport when he finally arrived so he could drive his car home.....you guessed it, keys were in his luggage too. :surrender:

And that's just Canada....would HATE being stuck in a place far, far away like China. Remind your parents too. ;)

Back