What's new

So what are you thinking now? New thread!

Patience Prayer

1. Lord, help me to take things more seriously, especially laughter, parties, and dancing.
  2. Lord, give me patience, and I mean right NOW!
  3. Lord, help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)
  4. Lord, help me to finish everything I sta
  5. Lord, help me to keep my mind on one th -- Look, a bird -- ing at a time.
  6. Lord, help me to do only what I can, and trust you for the rest. And would you mind putting that in writing?
  7. Lord, keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.
  8. Lord, help me be less independent, but let me do it my way.
  9. Lord, help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a few minutes.
  10. Lord, help me slow down andnotrushthroughwhatIdo.

PLEASE God, let my husband get a decent paying day job...working split shifts and rotating shift jobs are NOT a good option for him...please help him get something stable...makes no sense to go off unemployment for something unstable and that pays less.

Why is there a separate thread for each individual product in the Target forum?

Kicking myself that I just discovered a candy outlet b&m that sometimes has 24 count k-cup packs for only $3.99 :gah:

I missed opportunities to stock up in November and less than 3 weeks ago. When the k-cups come in, they fly out the door very quickly.

Is that the one near Caratis or whatever? Is there like a suasage plant/grocery store thing across the street? Typical New Englander I am.

Tired of not feeling good. My stomach has felt sour for 2 days now... got sick at work last night.... hoping this quits quickly! Whatever it is, move the hell on!

I hope you feel better soon Mamma. :huggy:

How about a chuckle?

Pipe.jpg

Missing my old home....really bad.

Yea, I know, Pity party for one. :pout:

got my chicken soup and a heating pad... feel like crap... just laying down now

Steve. Look outside. See the palm tree? You have arrived. ;)

Your old house was beautiful! But where you are now is just as lovely- it's just different. :huggy:

DS8 has been stealing stuff like crazy at school the last two days. So much so that his teacher called me today. (She usually calls on Thursdays with her weekly update.) I don't know what to do with him. It's ridiculous stuff, too. A pencil, a pencil sharpener, a laminated label from a classroom activity, the lock to the teacher's iPad cabinet. Stupid stuff.

I just gutted his bedroom. All that's left is his bed/dresser/desk. TOld him he can earn his things back when he shows good behavior at school & stops taking other people's things. He is NOT going to basketball tonight, which is all he looks forward to, but I told him this morning that he had to have a good day at school if he wanted to go. Right now he is writing "I will not take things that do not belong to me" 200 times.

He started his ADHD meds on Saturday. I was so hopeful they would help with his impulsive behaviors, like stealing. I will say, he is FLYING through the writing sheets. :lol: He finished the first set of 5 I gave him so quickly I told him to lmk when he's done & I'll print him 10 more. ;)

THoughts/suggestions/ideas welcome. I can't spank him, he's not mine to spank. :p His teacher is going to set up a meeting with her, him, us & the principal to make a big deal out of this. These kids were in charge of stealing food for their family, so they have been HIGHLY praised for this behavior. That was 4 years ago, but old habits die hard I guess.

These kids were in charge of stealing food for their family, so they have been HIGHLY praised for this behavior. That was 4 years ago, but old habits die hard I guess.
OMG :pout:

You are amazing for taking them on :flowers:
Hope you can save them from themselves so their past isn't also their future.

OMG :pout:

You are amazing for taking them on :flowers:
Hope you can save them from themselves so their past isn't also their future.

:shesaid: :huggy:

DS8 These kids were in charge of stealing food for their family, so they have been HIGHLY praised for this behavior. That was 4 years ago, but old habits die hard I guess.

Scare the hell of him Dragonfly! Tell him that every time you find out he stole something, off comes a finger!!!

You know I'm kidding, but I know you could act like you mean it!!! :lol:

...or take him to the local police dept./jail for a "tour"! ...:sex:

:lol: Steve! I did tell him the other day that he is lucky we don't live in China, where they'll cut off your hand if you steal. Later that day DD19 was talking about going to Chinatown & he said, "I'm not going there!" :snort:

DS8 has been stealing stuff like crazy at school the last two days. So much so that his teacher called me today. (She usually calls on Thursdays with her weekly update.) I don't know what to do with him. It's ridiculous stuff, too. A pencil, a pencil sharpener, a laminated label from a classroom activity, the lock to the teacher's iPad cabinet. Stupid stuff.

I just gutted his bedroom. All that's left is his bed/dresser/desk. TOld him he can earn his things back when he shows good behavior at school & stops taking other people's things. He is NOT going to basketball tonight, which is all he looks forward to, but I told him this morning that he had to have a good day at school if he wanted to go. Right now he is writing "I will not take things that do not belong to me" 200 times.

He started his ADHD meds on Saturday. I was so hopeful they would help with his impulsive behaviors, like stealing. I will say, he is FLYING through the writing sheets. :lol: He finished the first set of 5 I gave him so quickly I told him to lmk when he's done & I'll print him 10 more. ;)

THoughts/suggestions/ideas welcome. I can't spank him, he's not mine to spank. :p His teacher is going to set up a meeting with her, him, us & the principal to make a big deal out of this. These kids were in charge of stealing food for their family, so they have been HIGHLY praised for this behavior. That was 4 years ago, but old habits die hard I guess.

Reading this statement just made me feel so sad inside. :-(

Tonight's tv SUCKS!!! All re-runs and that Prez crap. :surrender: I'm hoping my DVR has something good for me.

Kids were in charge of stealing the food...so sad.

I had a child (18 months old) in my classroom and she would eat so much it would made her vomit. Had no self control and would constantly tried to break into cabinet when snacks were stored or steal food from other kids if they had something. She also was a foster child who had just been taken into DCFS. She was so tiny and looked so sick from lack of food or milk. And always felt cold, had major constipation issues...sad.

Last I heard she had gone back to the mom after about 6 months in fostercare. I often wonder how she is doing.

WAIT...there had BETTER be a new Dance Moms and Double Divas.

I have been waiting ALL day!!!

Back