What's new

So what are you thinking now? New thread!

I wanted to share some exciting news with my CW family. After 18 months of taking that first step to change my life I am so happy to report I have started seeing someone.

DS & I have known him for years and we are SO taking this slow. DS loves having him over, they hang out just the 2 of them, and is a great role model. When we go do stuff on the weekend he always ask DS if he wants to go too. Which I LOVE! He is sweet, thoughtful, puts up with my cranky days, and is supportive when I need to talk through things.

2013 is going to be a positive year for my family :)

This is the most thrilling thing I have read in a week :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think I'll make some cookies and organize my coupons. I have just under 2 hours before dinner is ready. Gonna make a cup of coffee first in the Keurig (decaf of course!)

So now the ds that threw up on the kitchen floor and on the hallway carpet last night and left me a bowl of puke on the kitchen counter and a bowl of puke next to his bed and let the dog get into his bowl of broth earlier today now has his chicken and brown rice (HOME MADE) soup on the living room carpet. AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! I guess his sister did the spilling, but seriously!

ETA: Oh, the soup is also on the couch and ds's pillow...........................:(

I did it! I've survived almost my entire first day alone with dd. DH went back to work today and I was nervous I wouldn't be able to handle it all by myself- DH has been awesome, doing the lions share of the work around here. DD has been challenging for the two of us to handle together, so I was doubting I could handle her alone. But I did! DH is even taking time to stop after work to pick up bananas.

Go ahead and laugh at me, all you supermoms. Today was a big step for me.

The presentation was NERVE wracking and honestly our presentations our usually 25 min. long...I got there and the guy was like: "you have an hour" I thought even if I talk super slow it's not gonna happen...don't think it went very well...peeps had stone faces....oh well, next time the boss can do his thing...FWIW it was a group of cops.

I did it! I've survived almost my entire first day alone with dd. DH went back to work today and I was nervous I wouldn't be able to handle it all by myself- DH has been awesome, doing the lions share of the work around here. DD has been challenging for the two of us to handle together, so I was doubting I could handle her alone. But I did! DH is even taking time to stop after work to pick up bananas.

Well I am no supermom, but I wouldn't laugh at you. I TOTALLY know what you are talking about. I felt like that with each kid and when hubby went back to work (or mom leaves).

GOOD FOR YOU!!

:bliss:

Was Gingerballs helpful today?

I remember that first day alone like it was yesterday (even though it was almost 17 years ago!). It was terrifying.

How are you feeling, btw? Getting any sleep?

KG I SOOOO remember how overwhelming it was the first several months with my first child. DH only stayed home a day or two (I think...........could be wrong) and he worked two jobs so he was never home. I remember calling my mom crying "this is soooo hard!"

NO mother who has had a newborn would ever laugh at you. :flowers:

Congrats on making it through your first day alone.

Thanks so much, you guys. I am feeling pretty good, all things considered. Learning lots of stuff, the latest is if I sit in the same chair and hold the baby the same way every time, my shoulder cramps up :dunce:

It is scary and challenging and overwhelming, but this is some of the best time in our life, for me and DH.

And Joan, no Gingerballs is not helping! He keeps trying to jump on my lap but there is not room for him. Poor Leonard

Thanks so much, you guys. I am feeling pretty good, all things considered. Learning lots of stuff, the latest is if I sit in the same chair and hold the baby the same way every time, me my shoulder cramps up :dunce:

It is scary and challenging and overwhelming, but this is some of the best time in our life, for me and DH.

And Joan, no Gingerballs is not helping! He keeps trying to jump on my lap but there is not room for him. Poor Leonard

Maybe you need to reconsider letting him on that new fangled chair he liked so much. Or maybe buy him one of his own?

OMG I was a nervous wreck when DH went back to work! It was 18 yrs ago for me, but like all ...seems like it was yesterday. I even tried to bribe my mother into staying home from work.....it was a day that my washer was overflowing or something and DS wasn't cooperating. Just try to relax and enjoy that baby....everything else will wait! :girl:

Maybe you need to reconsider letting him on that new fangled chair he liked so much. Or maybe buy him one of his own?

A baby swing was delivered today, maybe he will enjoy that..

Back