What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

I am thinking I am ready for my own place!

I hate cooking dinner. With it this hot I never know what to make so DH will eat.

Me too! DH doesn't understand how I can like to cook (for groups, trying new recipes, etc.) but not like cooking dinner every day. Oh well, I'm working on a cold pasta meal for tonight. To hot for anything warm!

I'm thinking about ... can I/we handle twins?

I've got a family history of fraternal twins: my brothers, my mom, and her uncles (plus more, I'm sure).

We've *never* used protection since getting married in 2005.

We have one kid.

Doc said we could try clomid ... my cycle history is representative of not producing/releasing an egg. (Taking ovulation test and after showing positive ... it's only a week until my period.) He said the ovulation test only tests for the chemical ... doesn't necessarily mean I'm making eggs.

So ... I don't know if my family history of twins would increase the chances while on Clomid, but the change of multiples is between 10-20% (depending on study). That's already too high!

I had a really hard time with just one baby ... and we have NO family anywhere near us (Kansas City is closest).

So, both DH and I are thinking ... is it worth the try? We want ONE and would never do "selective reduction" ... so, we'd accept whatever we were blessed with. BUT ... I don't know that we could handle it.

Lots to think about.

I have 4 year old twins. Not gonna lie, the first year is HARD. Once they start to walk/talk it gets easier. Once they're potty trained it gets easier again.

:lol: so as wacky as peeps think I am about winter, looks like sd is as wacky about summer :bliss:

Why did my **** dh allow Best Buy(who were at my door at 7am) unhook my old big screen when geek squad will not be here until tomorrow to hook up the new tv.

I have to watch tv on my computer. Pain in my ****.

..............that I'm failing as a parent............:pout:

Why?.....did you not let the boys use the car tonight?:giggles:

No car yet............they're 9 and 11 1/2. The 11 year old isn't smart enough to STFU when I'm in his face screaming at him (while looking up since he's taller than me). No, he keeps talking back over and over............makes me wanna beat the **** out of him! Teen years are gonna be a ****ing JOY!!! He's currently grounded from all things treats (sweets) the rest of the summer........from that, we got "You're the worst parents ever!!!" Oh and this is AFTER reminding him that we're leaving for the Dells Sunday for a week. Spoiled ****!!! :ranting:

I know it's our fault, but where exactly did we go wrong? :dunce:

Do ya not understand that when they say you're the worst... that translate to you are doing a good job!

Do ya not understand that when they say you're the worst... that translate to you are doing a good job!

Well yeah, but the fact that things come out of his mouth at me that floor me! I think "Are you ****ing stooopid?!!!!" I get so pissed off I don't know what to do. SERIOUSLY thinking about not taking him with us to the Dells as a severe punishment. (he can stay with MIL) or maybe just for a day or two then have her bring him up. We always threaten severe punishment, but never do it............with the thinking that it's tooo mean.

Would he behave for her?

:huggy: don't let them brainwash you! You are not failing...and the "worst parents ever" do not entertain all their friends several times in the past week cooking for them, baking for them, watching them in the pool etc. Hang in there babe!

No car yet............they're 9 and 11 1/2. The 11 year old isn't smart enough to STFU when I'm in his face screaming at him (while looking up since he's taller than me). No, he keeps talking back over and over............makes me wanna beat the **** out of him! Teen years are gonna be a ****ing JOY!!! He's currently grounded from all things treats (sweets) the rest of the summer........from that, we got "You're the worst parents ever!!!" Oh and this is AFTER reminding him that we're leaving for the Dells Sunday for a week. Spoiled ****!!! :ranting:

He loves you.

Let me tell you a little story...

I remember being a Horrible pre-teen. I don't remember what the heck I did, but Mom and Dad and my 2 sisters put me in Dad's work van and drove down to a place 30 min. away. A "Boys" camp, where they used to take troubled kids.

We got there and Dad said....

...If you don't like living with us, you can get out and stay here. Period.

'nough said.

Would he behave for her?

Yeah most of the time..........I'm sure she lets some things slide though.

:huggy: don't let them brainwash you! You are not failing...and the "worst parents ever" do not entertain all their friends several times in the past week cooking for them, baking for them, watching them in the pool etc. Hang in there babe!

Yeah well............I get "That's what moms do..............."

Well yeah, but the fact that things come out of his mouth at me that floor me! I think "Are you ****ing stooopid?!!!!" I get so pissed off I don't know what to do. SERIOUSLY thinking about not taking him with us to the Dells as a severe punishment. (he can stay with MIL) or maybe just for a day or two then have her bring him up. We always threaten severe punishment, but never do it............with the thinking that it's tooo mean.

If you make a "punishment" threat.....you have to "follow thru" with it. Otherwise, kids know you will cave in.
Stand your ground, mrsmom.
(this, coming from the youngest of three and, the only boy...well kinda!)

If you make a "punishment" threat.....you have to "follow thru" with it. Otherwise, kids know you will cave in.
Stand your ground, mrsmom.
(this, coming from the youngest of three and, the only boy...well kinda!)

I know Steve..............that's why I'm saying I fail.

Oh and you are a boy...............just a very sparkly one. :flowers:

Yeah most of the time..........I'm sure she lets some things slide though.

Yeah well............I get "That's what moms do..............."

I reminded my DS the other night that "a pillow is a privilege"

Have you asked him "what son's do?"

Have you asked him "what son's do?"

Hmmmmmmmm............not in a while. I have done the "Do you remember what the Bible says about honoring your parents?!" (since they go to a Christian school and this is taught daily. It works more for DS9 than DS11.

Back