What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

And it's okay to be a mess, you have to allow yourself to feel the emotions. And it's okay to lean on others to help at these times. :huggy:

:shesaid:
:huggy: and it's ok to feel how you feel. You've been through a lot this year. I'm a crier too, and not just when I'm PMSing. let's see, in the past week alone I've cried at least twice. I was tearing up at my sister-in-law's PhD defense; and I cried because my mom said something nasty to me (didn't cry in front of her of course; cried later).

Anyway, my point is, I'm with Lauri. It's ok to cry. Get it out there and grieve. We're all here to support you and listen and be a shoulder to cry on. :huggy:

awwww, Joan.... :huggy: there is a lot of sadness, isn't there? sometimes I think of that thread where someone said "I can't wait for 2010 to be over" cause it was so awful for them..... well the awful doesn't stop..... it goes on .... for different people at different times..... and I, for one, can't wait for 2011 to be over with... :pout: THANK GOD for for the good things in my life..... my faith, my DH, my kids, my BFF, my other friends..... it's a whole lot to be thankful for, but the memories of SIL and my dad are still so fresh..... it's just hard :pout:

I was one of those "2010 sux" folks. :surrender:

When I was younger, my Aunt Peggy used to say over and over again "Better days are comin." Money was tight and she worked very hard. As I got older I realized she wasn't really trying to tell me something, more like she was trying to convince herself. :pout:

I push on his mustache the wrong way - against the growth grain.:snicker: Gets him to yell, "stop it" every time, then I yell at him to go to bed.

Why is it some men can't just go to bed? Mine has to have a nap on the couch before he can head upstairs. :hb:

lol, I know exactly what you mean. Mine always has his nap before he goes upstairs as well. Even when Im ready to go upstairs and he's still sleeping on the couch, I try to wake him up and he'll do the "just one more minute" thing. I get annoyed and go upstairs and he'll end up walking up an half hour later. Drives me crazy.

lol, I know exactly what you mean. Mine always has his nap before he goes upstairs as well. Even when Im ready to go upstairs and he's still sleeping on the couch, I try to wake him up and he'll do the "just one more minute" thing. I get annoyed and go upstairs and he'll end up walking up an half hour later. Drives me crazy.

And then wants to know why I didn't wake him up. UGH! :slap:

I push on his mustache the wrong way - against the growth grain.:snicker: Gets him to yell, "stop it" every time, then I yell at him to go to bed.

Why is it some men can't just go to bed? Mine has to have a nap on the couch before he can head upstairs. :hb:

My DH is always just "resting". Not napping. Not sleeping on the couch.:surrender:

Thinking of a man I knew, although I have not seen him in years, that died doing what he loved to do.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2011/07/saginaw_man_killed_during_sail.html

Saginaw man killed during sailing race was 'community-oriented,' friend says

Published: Monday, July 18, 2011, 3:10 PM Updated: Monday, July 18, 2011, 3:13 PM

markjpg-a95e7cf649c5777e.jpg
Mark B. Morley
SAGINAW — A Saginaw County man killed when a sailboat capsized during a race from Chicago to Mackinac Island was “a community-oriented individual,†a friend says.

Officials say Mark Morley, 51, and Suzanne Bickel, 41, were found dead after their boat, WingNuts, capsized about midnight.

Morley, who owned the ship, was president of Saginaw’s Morley Foundation.
Renee Johnston, president of the Saginaw Community Foundation, said she knew Morley both as a friend and a fellow community booster.

“He was a very outgoing, fun person,†Johnston said. “He was at as many community functions as he could be at. He handled his position very well.â€
She said Morley also was a dedicated father to his daughter.

Johnston said she knew Morley enjoyed sailing boats but didn’t realize he also raced.

There were eight people aboard WingNuts, a 35-foot boat that flipped in strong winds that kicked up 4- to 6-foot waves around midnight. The winds were estimated at about 46 miles per hour.

Officials say six crew members were rescued after the boat capsized.

My DH is always just "resting". Not napping. Not sleeping on the couch.:surrender:
lol, thats what they always say when you wake them up for a minute, "im just resting", I then ask why were you snoring, and get the "I wasnt snoring".....really? lol

I'm thinking that I am extremely grateful that my grandparents were able to emigrate to this fantastic and wonderful country where we are all free. Free of oppression, free from religious interference, free to choose whom we want to love, free to choose whom we want to spend our lives with, and free to make our own destiny.

That I need to quit worrying about things I have NO control over...all I can do is pray and hope that it will all get better in the end...even if I am not sure that it actually will!

I got a bonus phone call from Pat today. HE was worried about ME in the heat! <3 He is the one in a cinder block building with no A/C and no access to ice or cold water and he is calling ME to make sure I am drinking enough water and Gatorade or Powerade. he suggested that I buy some of the Gatorade powder packs and have some in my purse at all times.

I love that man...so incredibly much.

Should I call the Doctor and take my little guy.

He has had a cold since Saturday and it is not getting better. He had his Adnoids taken out and tubes put into his ears two months ago.

I think I will call them............

I'm thinking this weather still sucks. Suppose to be 99 today but feel like 115. Bring on winter.

(I hate the really cold days of winter too)

I'm thinking I have no idea when I will tackle the mess on my desk. I have 6 beer rebates to do but it involves going through the mess on my desk. I have probably 30 boxes of Kellogg's next to my desk that I need to get the codes from too. I'm in avoidance, but my time is running out.

Thinking of much I miss my Mom and how grateful and privileged i am to have had her as my Mom.

Leave all your worries to God he knows what's suppose to be and not to be and we have no control over it. Put all your trust in him Hun and your burdens will be relieved ((Hugs))

I just got in a bike ride with DS #4. DS #3 and #1 are still in bed and poor DS #2 is at football.

What can I do today with them that doesn't involve the xbox? Do I want to brave the pool? Go bowling? No movies since we will be doing that on Friday.....

I'm thinking it the 20th and Barb must be thrilled!!!!

:happy2: :grouphug: :wow: :happy: :cartwheel: :irule: :stretch: :bow: :didit: :happy2: :happy: :17: :balloons: :hiphip:

Back