What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Sooooo....our electricity culprit is our electric range. Everything else being on makes the dial spin verrrryyyyyy slowly. Turn that sucker on & it whirls like a top. Not much we can do about that, we cook & bake a lot. :pout:

Positive note: Now the 'circuit directory' by our fuse box is totally accurate. The future owners of this house should enjoy that. :giggles:

Have it re plumbed for natural gas. Any plumber can do it. You will have to buy a new range, but it will save you money.

Have it re plumbed for natural gas. Any plumber can do it. You will have to buy a new range, but it will save you money.
I have the impression that re-plumbed for natural gas is going to cost thousands, no?

We also have electric range, would rather have gas.

I have the impression that re-plumbed for natural gas is going to cost thousands, no?

We also have electric range, would rather have gas.

Not that hard to do.....I ran new gas lines to the drier and stove and water heater.
Black pipe, a few elbows, shut off valves and 'pipe goop' and your good to go!

Not that hard to do.....I ran new gas lines to the drier and stove and water heater.
Black pipe, a few elbows, shut off valves and 'pipe goop' and your good to go!

Our furnace and heater are gas, we have a gas hook-up for drier when we bought the house, but we bought an electric drier 3 years ago(I didn't know any better then!), so we had an electrician added a electric power point for the drier. These appliances are all in the basement. Not sure there is a gas line running on the first floor or not. To extend the gas line from basement to first floor sounds like so major. :)

Our furnace and heater are gas, we have a gas hook-up for drier when we bought the house, but we bought an electric drier 3 years ago(I didn't know any better then!), so we had an electrician added a electric power point for the drier. These appliances are all in the basement. Not sure there is a gas line running on the first floor or not. To extend the gas line from basement to first floor sounds like so major. :)

Is your basement finished?

Ours is un-finished....so it's easy to run any kind of piping/wireing/cable/Hd/BFD/plumbing we need.

I even run a water line (using stuff for an ice maker!) to the Sears cabinet Humidifier on the first floor, so I don't have fill it. Put a float shut off valve in too....just change the evaporator pads every 3 months. And add anti- bact. stuff.

Oh my, I hope Sear's doesn't close in IL. I'm :sex:if they do!

Got the mail, fricken hospital bill was in there from DS surgery. Really? Ugh so **** much.

OMFG $3.77 a gallon? :faint:

I'm dreading the drop in temps next week, I may have to order Tuesday.

K, if you aren't under contract, try calling these places first for a COD price.
http://www.newenglandoil.com/rhodeisland/zone2.asp?x=0

We are under contract and we do budget billing. We have been paying for this winters oil since July and will finish paying for it in June. It sucks but this is the only way to make sure we have year round service.

Back