What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Exactly bunnee!!! Will you come smack him for me? The brand new car before his current one was stick (he really wanted stick) then he decided it was a PITA driving stick on his commute..............ok genius you didn't think about that before?! :ranting:

We've been emailing back and forth and he just emailed me some BS about a $5500 rebate and a $1k loyalty discount (we've bought a few cars from them). Is he serious?! They don't just GIVE you $$$$!!! It's worked in somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:ranting:

Is it 5:00 yet?

Baby or regular ?
2410_batting_eyelashes-11.gif

jumbo

Kind of a long story, but we're double upside down on our current car loan (his car). After having it for a year or so, we still owe over $13k on his Ford FOCUS and he wants to trade it in for a brand new Mistubishi Galant. Before the Ford Focus, he had a brand new Mitsubishi.........I forget (a lil commuter car) that loan was also upside down because he had to roll what was left of the car loan before that car into it.

Long story short the little boy wants a new toy!!! :surrender::ranting:

The last two I really was against, but in the end I was like fine, whatever. But now I'm PISSED!!!

The monthly car payment on his FORD FOCUS is like $340ish!!! My car payment is like $240ish. So with full coverage insurance on the two cars, we pay about $800/mo. on cars and insurance!!!
they always get their way too. my hubs just got a mid life crisis mazda miata. i was none to happy! he never stopped bugging me for like almost 2 years about a new toy. i would not mind, but this makes car #4! he got the two last newest cars. my van is 12 yrs old, he had to have a vw gti and now this! whatevs! any money he gets goes right into hopping up his car. i need a roof and so many other things. when we first married. all of our wedding money (every last penny) went to a yamaha motorcycle he decided would save money on gas on his daily commute to skokie. there is no arguing with these men. i am sorry girl :(

I say the same thing for lots of stuff I see on pinterest. I think "don't these folks know you can just go buy this in a store????" :lol:

hahaha. I don't think that for some things...but Marshmallows???? They're under a dollar to purchase! I was reading how to make them and all, screw that. it's just crazy. Some of the stuff I like to craft myself or use in the classroom. I just can't get over the marshmallow thing! :lol:

I need a new car....but it'll have to wait. With Wonderbread/Hostess filing bankrupt again...we don't know what's going to happen with DH's job...although they say he's safe. :lol: GRRRRRR...We have 2 unreliable cars and one that just got a new transmission less than a year ago. and we both drive lots of miles daily. We usually drive til dead or paid off. well paid off...but i need them alive...

In the 30 yrs Dh and I have been together, 3 cars....1 Toyota new---run it for 18yrs. 1 Honda CRV used, that we still have---12 years and still running. Then we got Mom's car when she died in 2000, a 1992 Buick Roadmaster. (The Marshmallow...it's white)!!!

Exactly bunnee!!! Will you come smack him for me? The brand new car before his current one was stick (he really wanted stick) then he decided it was a PITA driving stick on his commute..............ok genius you didn't think about that before?! :ranting:

We've been emailing back and forth and he just emailed me some BS about a $5500 rebate and a $1k loyalty discount (we've bought a few cars from them). Is he serious?! They don't just GIVE you $$$$!!! It's worked in somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:ranting:

Exactly! Tell him to sell his car first for what's owed on it, plus a large down payment 50% or more, and then he can go get his rebate. The car will almost be paid for!

They're always running "rebates" so it's not like a one time offer good today only. They're be running something else when his car is paid off. I'll come tell him the way it is - the way it is is: YOU DON'T GET A NEW CAR UNTIL THIS ONE DIES! :hopmad:Just think, pay the cars off, put the payment in a savings account after they're paid off, drive your paid off cars for a while and you'll be able to pay CASH for your next one.

Just wants a new car because the rebates are great and he doesn't like his current one? :pfft: Ummm excuse me, Mr. Little Boy - but WHO in the world picked out the car in the first place? You bought it, now you drive it. Done. No new car for you! :bringit:

May be your husband need to read this and watch this before buying another car on payments.

I swear I am gonna catch a case today…. someone is going to have his teeth punched down his throat…..

Harrods ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

daydreamin.gif
daydreamin.gif
daydreamin.gif

I'm sure it's no better than the stuff from Costco....just overpriced cause it's "branded"!
Actually....my mom usually buys it at Costco in England.
Good to know I can find it here around the Holidays!

I'm sure it's no better than the stuff from Costco....just overpriced cause it's "branded"!

I think the Costco stuff might be sold at Harrods too :lol: Mine was a 3 pack... Creme Fraiche, Clotted Cream and Double Devon Cream, not Harrods brand, but The Devon Cream Comapny.

they have Costco in England too???

Yep, you pay a lot for the "shopping experience" at Harrods, but sometimes, it's just worth it...
daydreamin.gif

For you clotted cream lovers, check out this website

http://miblimited.stores.yahoo.net/somclotcream.html

I know I've mentioned this place before. It is a small store in Egg Harbor (Door Co, WI), they sell stuff that is made in Britain. We take a trip there whenever my brother in law comes home since he loves all of that kind of stuff since he grew up in England.

For you clotted cream lovers, check out this website

http://miblimited.stores.yahoo.net/somclotcream.html

I know I've mentioned this place before. It is a small store in Egg Harbor (Door Co, WI), they sell stuff that is made in Britain. We take a trip there whenever my brother in law comes home since he loves all of that kind of stuff since he grew up in England.

That's exactly the one I have!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ That would be a realllllllll treat ..... to order some for myself! or a bday idea ....

I wish the 3 pack from Costco was ALL clotted cream, but I'll think of some way to have the others.....

DH brought me some clotted cream back from England............I didn't like it. I tossed it out. :hides:

:gah: :gah: :gah:

How can the woman who eats rich buttery cheesey foods 24/7 NOT like clotted cream???? Are you sure it was clotted cream?

Mine is the same one too!

You have to eat it on a scone with strawberry jam!

Back