What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

It really wasn't a plan. I had to pee, got back in bed, Chloe started pacing on the bed and didn't seem to want to settle down which got Sophie all excited that the day was starting so she started barking and I realized trying to go back to sleep was futile. :surrender:

It really wasn't a plan. I had to pee, got back in bed, Chloe started pacing on the bed and didn't seem to want to settle down which got Sophie all excited that the day was starting so she started barking and I realized trying to go back to sleep was futile. :surrender:

The joys of having pets. DH feeds the cats so they wake him up, not me. When he is away, they don't pester me. Sorry about your early wakeup call; try to think of it as a head start on DST.

WOOT! Getting hair done today! YAY! so. badly. needed. And 2+ hours of NO children. no fighting, whining, teasing, smart mouths...no dogs barking. just me and senseless magazines... and grown up talk...well kinda...the girl who does my hair is like 16 years younger! I'm only 37. :)

DS got a part time job, and will be taking the license test this week...where did my cute little boy go?

DS got a part time job, and will be taking the license test this week...where did my cute little boy go?

Congrats and :huggy:

I'm thinking making bacon is a PITA!!! :surrender:

Congrats and :huggy:

I'm thinking making bacon is a PITA!!! :surrender:

I found a very easy way to make bacon and it turns out great!
Large jelly roll pan
Cut a piece of aluminum foil a little larger than the pan
Wrinkle up the aluminum foil pretty good
Unwrap the foil and lay in the pan leaving lots of dips to catch the grease - don't smooth it out too much
Lay the bacon on top of foil
Bake at 400 degrees
Turn bacon over once halfway through cooking
When you're all done - throw the foil away.
Easy

I found a very easy way to make bacon and it turns out great!
Large jelly roll pan
Cut a piece of aluminum foil a little larger than the pan
Wrinkle up the aluminum foil pretty good
Unwrap the foil and lay in the pan leaving lots of dips to catch the grease - don't smooth it out too much
Lay the bacon on top of foil
Bake at 400 degrees
Turn bacon over once halfway through cooking
When you're all done - throw the foil away.
Easy

Great tip, thanks I'll try that! Then I supposed you gotta wipe out your over because of all the splatter. When I cook it in a pan, I use one of that splatter shields. It just takes so long to cook a whole package of bacon 3-4 strips at a time. :surrender:

Great tip, thanks I'll try that! Then I supposed you gotta wipe out your over because of all the splatter. When I cook it in a pan, I use one of that splatter shields. It just takes so long to cook a whole package of bacon 3-4 strips at a time. :surrender:

Get one of those flat skillets (like for pancakes) you can cook atleast 8 strips on there

Why are you only cooking 3-4 strips at a time?
Seriously, what am I missing?

I toss the whole package in a frying pan, separate the pieces, pull them out when they're done, lay them on some paper towels on a plate, dump the grease in a can, and it's done.

Get one of those flat skillets (like for pancakes) you can cook atleast 8 strips on there

I have an electric skillet that I do use for pancakes. I can't imagine cooking bacon on that because there's SOOOO much grease. I would be a nighmare to clean.

Why are you only cooking 3-4 strips at a time?
Seriously, what am I missing?

I toss the whole package in a frying pan, separate the pieces, pull them out when they're done, lay them on some paper towels on a plate, dump the grease in a can, and it's done.

I lay them out neatly so they cook uniformly and get nice and crispy.

On pinterest, search....Oven cooked bacon

Will do, thanks. :flowers:

We just ran out of HBOO and Post Raisin Bran from YourBucks. I thought we had enough cereal to last through the apocalypse... so if the world ends tomorrow it's my fault :bowing:

we have a DVR now!

:dance:Aside from the news & special events you'll never watch live tv again!
OMG DVR's are a life changer!!! Congrats! :hiphip:
I agree. A friend kept telling me to make the switch and I kept insisting I had a VCR what was the big difference. As soon as I got the DVR I realized how dumb that sounded. :giggles:

yeah, now I want one with more memory.... apparently 80 hours isn't enough.

Back