What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Ok, so dd12 just got her period for first time ever... This may seem like a lame question... Am I supposed to do anything "special" for her besides talk and show her how to use a pad? I just didn't know if there's something I'm supposed to be doing in addition to that. It's my first...

Ok, so dd12 just got her period for first time ever... This may seem like a lame question... Am I supposed to do anything "special" for her besides talk and show her how to use a pad? I just didn't know if there's something I'm supposed to be doing in addition to that. It's my first...

I would make really clear how to stay clean down there during this time, many many girls don't understand there is definitely an odor if you don't stay cleaned up. Purse pack of flushable wipes?

And some tylenol. Bedazzled heating pad?

My mom literally pointed at the box of Kotex, I got all the TLC particulars from a neighbor.

PS - Within a month of my first P I was using tampons (thanks to said neighbor) and never looked back. May ask your daughter which she might prefer.

Did the clean talk. No way I'm introducing tampons just yet.

Lmao! On bedazzling a heating pad! :roll:

I would make really clear how to stay clean down there during this time, many many girls don't understand there is definitely an odor if you don't stay cleaned up. Purse pack of flushable wipes?

And some tylenol. Bedazzled heating pad?

My mom literally pointed at the box of Kotex, I got all the TLC particulars from a neighbor.

PS - Within a month of my first P I was using tampons (thanks to said neighbor) and never looked back. May ask your daughter which she might prefer.

also make sure if she has an accident you will bring her a change of clothes and that if it keeps going and going to talk to you.....my mom would never bring me a change of clothes and I kept bleeding and bleeding I didnt know it wasnt normal................plus your ahead of my mom she gave me a hospital napkin complete with belt http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Sanitary-Napkin-Belt-/140507860214 finally the school receptionist told my mother to buy the ones with the sticky stuff

I remember the onset of my period just marking the most awful embarrassing time of my entire life, I got my first P, then the gorilla pits & legs, then BO, pimples...

All at once!

:cry:

Sorry autumnsky I got nuttin. My Mom never talked to me about anything. When I got my first all that was in the house was her tampons that I had NO idea how to use. SO I folded up toilet paper, paper towels, whatever and stuck 'em in my underwear which obviously was an epic FAIL! So I guess after seeing some stained clothes in the wash she figured it out (she's a very private person who couldn't talk about such things). One day I came home from school to find a big package of pads on my bed. I was mortified. I had to read the instructions to figure out what to do (we NEVER talked about it). Then I still remember a couple years later I had a date to go to the beach. I told my Mom that I couldn't go because I had my period. She told me to use a tampon. She might as well have said "Use a wrench" because I had no idea how to use them. I tried but couldn't figure it out. :lol:

So long story short, any talk and support you can give your daughter will be more than I got. :surrender: Good luck

I guess remind her that it isn't a curse, it's a gift...........she should be proud that she's a "woman". :flowers:

I clicked and that's hysterical! Asked dd12 if she'd like me to throw her a period party. She said don't you dare. Told her we could do red velvet cake. She's laughing, yet a little scared that I'll actually do it... She knows me. I'm so happy I've done better than my mom and can discuss this stuff openly with my kids, but as a parent and not a friend.

Back