What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Hoping that my car is finally going to be as it should have been when I bought it. ****s hit something, but there was no damage to the frame or the body & when I had it put on a rack the damage I was told was minor(cost about $350 to fix through my mechanic). So I opted to keep the car. Bought the parts had them fixed. Still a problem. I have since been to 4 different shops and three outside mechanics.

And so far I've replaced:

Water pump
Serpentine belt
Buffed out the front head lights
Set of tires
Alignment
Upper control Arm
Radial Arm
Right rear spindle w/4 bolts
Left rear Brake drum w/bearing
Both lower control arms
Also did a tune up and a fuel flush because my gas mileage was crap which has 1/2 the reason I bought the **** thing(It's a Ford Focus.)

The only good thing in this whole process is that I have my own mechanic so instead of costing me around $2400 I've spent just over $1300. Still not thrilled, but I did buy the car for $1K under KBB & now I know why. Oh well, lesson learned.... :ranting:

Not sure how I'm going to find the elusive new job... The one that I know I can do but the world doesn't think I'm qualified for... ARGH!

Hoping that my car is finally going to be as it should have been when I bought it. ****s hit something, but there was no damage to the frame or the body & when I had it put on a rack the damage I was told was minor(cost about $350 to fix through my mechanic). So I opted to keep the car. Bought the parts had them fixed. Still a problem. I have since been to 4 different shops and three outside mechanics.

And so far I've replaced:

Water pump
Serpentine belt
Buffed out the front head lights
Set of tires
Alignment
Upper control Arm
Radial Arm
Right rear spindle w/4 bolts
Left rear Brake drum w/bearing
Both lower control arms
Also did a tune up and a fuel flush because my gas mileage was crap which has 1/2 the reason I bought the **** thing(It's a Ford Focus.)

The only good thing in this whole process is that I have my own mechanic so instead of costing me around $2400 I've spent just over $1300. Still not thrilled, but I did buy the car for $1K under KBB & now I know why. Oh well, lesson learned.... :ranting:
what kind of vehicle is it?

Sorry autumnsky I got nuttin. My Mom never talked to me about anything. When I got my first all that was in the house was her tampons that I had NO idea how to use. SO I folded up toilet paper, paper towels, whatever and stuck 'em in my underwear which obviously was an epic FAIL! So I guess after seeing some stained clothes in the wash she figured it out (she's a very private person who couldn't talk about such things). One day I came home from school to find a big package of pads on my bed. I was mortified. I had to read the instructions to figure out what to do (we NEVER talked about it). Then I still remember a couple years later I had a date to go to the beach. I told my Mom that I couldn't go because I had my period. She told me to use a tampon. She might as well have said "Use a wrench" because I had no idea how to use them. I tried but couldn't figure it out. :lol:

So long story short, any talk and support you can give your daughter will be more than I got. :surrender: Good luck

I guess remind her that it isn't a curse, it's a gift...........she should be proud that she's a "woman". :flowers:
now i know we are sisters! me too! funny thing was, i know i am a bit older than you, and we had just initiated sex education in 5th or 6th grade, i forget, either 1975 or 1976, well my parents felt it completely wrong for the school to be telling us about sex and our bodies, lol. curmudgeouny stodges!. so the opted out of me getting to attend that class. i was 11 or 12? what they also did, was not tell me ANYTHING WHATSOEVER ABOUT SEX OR MENSTuRATION! how pathetically sad. i kinda figured it out when it happened, fortunately my friend had filled me in on the minor details. as well as everything else under the sun. i have no clue as to why my mom did this. it still peeves me. and if i approach her on the subject of her not telling me, she pretends i am not talking at all. geesh!! a few years back i was wanting to know all about meopause.........she looks at me blankly and with an ounce of emotion she says "how would i know, i have not gotten there yet?" c'mon!!! she was 65 or 66 yrs old!!!! i love my mom! but what is this behaviour? fortunately we are a very open household in our home and the girls/son too feel free to ask mom or dad any questions on their mind about sex or private matters. i would rather they learn from their trusted parents than ill knowing peers. you would not believe the stories these kids tell us about what they hear.

Ok, so dd12 just got her period for first time ever... This may seem like a lame question... Am I supposed to do anything "special" for her besides talk and show her how to use a pad? I just didn't know if there's something I'm supposed to be doing in addition to that. It's my first...

someone somewhere in my life--when my dd was small said that she gve her DD's a "butterfly" as a token of her "womanhood"--(.. a catepillar turns into a butterfly--a girl turns into a woman..) I bought my DD a pair of silver butterfly earrings

Sorry Mary that SUCKS!!

I'm so scared to buy our new vehicle - DH is going to sell his crummy old truck and we'll buy a van to fit the 5 of us. We're going to pay cash and I'm so worried we're gonna buy something that's junk.

also--add me to the list of people whose Mom gave them little direction..

"go ask your sister for a pad, I will buy you some tomorrow.."

yep that was it--I only have one girl--3 boys--so we are pretty open about it--I am however amazed at how many of her friends as recent as last summer ( age 16) refused to use tampons....My dd had a bunch in her room--I figured she was using them on occcasion

Funny the beginning of her sophomore year she came to me all upset becuase it was swim season ( she is on swim team) and she didnt know how to use a tampon?? wtf how the hell did she make it through freshman year swim team?? LOL--so late at night--and the next day EARLY in the morning I sat and "helped" her through it--she was a bit embaressed, but desperate--LOL

Reading these post today makes me SO thankful I have a son. Sorry ladies. My mom never said a word about anything and assumed they explained it at school.

also--add me to the list of people whose Mom gave them little direction..

"go ask your sister for a pad, I will buy you some tomorrow.."

yep that was it--I only have one girl--3 boys--so we are pretty open about it--I am however amazed at how many of her friends as recent as last summer ( age 16) refused to use tampons....My dd had a bunch in her room--I figured she was using them on occcasion

Funny the beginning of her sophomore year she came to me all upset becuase it was swim season ( she is on swim team) and she didnt know how to use a tampon?? wtf how the hell did she make it through freshman year swim team?? LOL--so late at night--and the next day EARLY in the morning I sat and "helped" her through it--she was a bit embaressed, but desperate--LOL

Awww... Poor thing... I have three girls. DD15 got her period at 11. I walked her through the process then and have had to have a few refresher courses along the way. We haven't gotten to tampons yet, but that's more because of me as she has issues with using/changing pads so my mind is thinking I'm not sure I want to encourage her to be wearing a tampon all **** day. Could be toxic and just plain gross. :surrender:

Add me to the list of no parental communication on the topic... I walked to the store and bought everything myself... Including razors, bras, etc. I even went to get birth control pills on my own at 16 to regulate things. I learned from Cosmo. :lol:

Add me to the list of no parental communication on the topic... I walked to the store and bought everything myself... Including razors, bras, etc. I even went to get birth control pills on my own at 16 to regulate things. I learned from Cosmo. :lol:

My oldest sister took me to planned parenthood for BC when I was 18 maybe?? I know i had a boyfriend..

agg! the tampon thing! issue! i have no idea how to get my girls to want to use a tampon. the youngest is just 11 and yes she just started her period, th oldest began inthe end of 3rd grade at ten! gonna have to blame it on hormones in the milk they drink, no other good reason have i come up with yet. so.........how do i get them to use a tampon? i would encourage it only for swimming and when on vacation. any help??

I think the turning point for many girls is the bathingsuit/swimming/water park issue
once they realize they CAN swim/wear a suit it motivates them to TRY --I think once they try they love the much cleaner feeling --My dd NEVER went back to pads..LOL

My Mom had me use a mirror to see where to put it. She told me all the stuff I could do, like go swimming, and she emphasized how you couldn't smell anything when you had one on.

Maybe it won't work until they figure out how restricted they are by using the pads. If it doesn't bother them, there's no motivation for them to switch. Just sayin......

now i know we are sisters! me too! funny thing was, i know i am a bit older than you, and we had just initiated sex education in 5th or 6th grade, i forget, either 1975 or 1976, well my parents felt it completely wrong for the school to be telling us about sex and our bodies, lol. curmudgeouny stodges!. so the opted out of me getting to attend that class.

I've always found it odd that parents would opt their children out of something like this, feeling that it's not an appropriate topic to be taught at school. Wouldn't it make more sense for people that know how to teach teach your children vs. them learning it second hand from other kids that were in the class? :dunce:

Back