What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

I didn't say 'all'.

However, the stats clearly showed a relationship between parental faith and education as a marker in the tendency of whether or not & where they taught their children about sex ed.

I didn't say 'all'.

However, the stats clearly showed a relationship between parental faith and education as a marker in the tendency of whether or not & where they taught their children about sex ed.
oh, i totally know that! and you are correct in all your data. i was just pleading my case. my mom n dad fell in love at 14 and 15 and there was no stopping them. they could have used a bit of preventional education i do believe. but then where would my brother and i be now? my brother married his teen sweetheart at 19 and i was just out of high school as well. brother just celebrated anniversary #30 :)

I'm SOOOO proud of DS12! On his last progress report he was failing almost all his classes. The problem has been disorganization, laziness and forgetfullness. He had SOOOO many missing works. So now I "babysit" him everyday by going into school everyday, writing down what the assignments are, when they're do, make sure he has all the books he needs in his bag, etc. So after a couple weeks of this, he brought home a stack of graded papers.............almost all A's! He thanked me for helping him get organized and said he likes me coming in everyday. I'll do this for the rest of the semester then I'll let him try and stay organized and see how he does.

He's getting very good about puting the papers in the right folders right away instead of shoving them in his desk like he used to. Baby steps...........................

I actually did a paper on this back in college [can't remember for which class though :lol:], found out the parents who usually made their kids opt out of school sex ed never taught their kids about it at home. To them, ignorance was bliss, didn't matter if they traumatized their kids as a result either. The parents tended to be more religious & had little advanced education themselves.

Their kids tended to be more likely to become teenage parents than the kids who were taught about their bodies & sex ed.

BTW, my mom sat me down & taught me about menses & sex when I was 9, just before I left for summer camp. She didn't want me to freak out in case I got my period, like she did when she started. Her mom was part of the unmentionable generation.

Don't think 9 is too early, my SIL, the family practice doc, sees lots of young girls who start menstruating at 9 or 10. It has become much more common than it was a generation or two ago.

I got the birds & bees breakdown when I was 10. I got a hand drawn picture, encyclopedia references, and everything. My grandma didn't mess around.

By the time I got my period(at 15) I wasn't living with grandma anymore so I just picked up what I needed to know on my own. It's not a hard concept. Soooo...yeah...

I'm SOOOO proud of DS12! On his last progress report he was failing almost all his classes. The problem has been disorganization, laziness and forgetfullness. He had SOOOO many missing works. So now I "babysit" him everyday by going into school everyday, writing down what the assignments are, when they're do, make sure he has all the books he needs in his bag, etc. So after a couple weeks of this, he brought home a stack of graded papers.............almost all A's! He thanked me for helping him get organized and said he likes me coming in everyday. I'll do this for the rest of the semester then I'll let him try and stay organized and see how he does.

He's getting very good about puting the papers in the right folders right away instead of shoving them in his desk like he used to. Baby steps...........................

Whatever works, right? Hopefully he will be able to take his cues from you going forward. Good job getting him set up for his own success.

DS just got his licence...OMG!

I don't know if I should say Congrats or run away!! :hides:

DD15 just told me the other day I'm lucky she's a girl because the insurance for teenage boys is twice as much. :surrender:

DeKalb folks STAY OFF THE ROAD!!! :lol: Congrats :flowers:

Could be thinking chauffer to Kenosha for PNS doubles. :laugh:

That is of course if they have something worth going for. :keeper:

Could be thinking chauffer to Kenosha for PNS doubles. :laugh:

That is of course if they have something worth going for. :keeper:

Which they haven't in a while. :nopompom:

my back still hurts..........a week and a half ago on friday nite my back on the left side

from my waist down to about 1/3 of the way down my butt badly I thought it was a

kidney infection it hurt so bad I could barley walk. then I went to the OBGYN last

Tuesday he said its NOT a kidney infection, I went to the PA on Wednesday morning I

was busy Wed morning and was hurting real bad by the time I got to the doctor from my

lower back/booty area to my mid back on the left side all the way around to the from at

my waist and hurting some of my right back area he ordered a CAT scan for a kidneystone

came back negative he said it might be diverticulitious....so I went back the next day got

a pain shot cause percaet doesnt doesnt even help when I told him it hurts more after

activity he said well mabye you pulled a muscle gave me Ibuprofrin 800MG and a muscle

relaxer which Ive been taking sense last Thursday every day at least once today it hurts

really bad again, I have a check up on Monday I cant decide if I should go back now or

wait.........its been so bad that there have been a could times when Ive started to drive

myself to the ER...........what do yall think?

Oh come on, mrsmom!!! We all know you do his homework!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

IMO you shouldn't suffer with that kind of pain until Monday..........that sounds awful. :huggy:

Oh come on, mrsmom!!! We all know you do his homework!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
As if I could!!! DH has to help him with his math and check it. I can still barely help my 4th grader with his and yeah it's almost that time of year again..............science projects are due next month. :hides: :quiet:

As if I could!!! DH has to help him with his math and check it. I can still barely help my 4th grader with his and yeah it's almost that time of year again..............science projects are due next month. :hides: :quiet:

So that's what's been keeping you so busy. :snicker:

So that's what's been keeping you so busy. :snicker:

Whatchu mean? I've been here. And no, we don't start on those projects until about 2 days before they're due. :duh:

Back