What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Had to buy DD9 "emergency skates" this week.
She broke the leather upper off the boot doing jumps.
$44 at Sports Authority.
She skated for an hour this morning and ended up with bleeding feet from bad skates.

Her coach said due to her ability it was time to visit a specialty skate shop in Northbrook.
Um, yea, they want HOW MUCH for ice skates?:faint:

$44 at Sports Authority.
She skated for an hour this morning and ended up with bleeding feet from bad skates.

Her coach said due to her ability it was time to visit a specialty skate shop in Northbrook.

Not sure if this place would be better (or cheaper) but worth a call to them!

My boys play in line hockey and Jerry's is always recommended for purchases. Here's a link to their webpage.... HOpe you can find a great deal!! I know skate can get expensive!! http://jerryshockeywarehouse.net/services/

$44 at Sports Authority.

We always got the girls skates from Rainbo in Northbrook and we live all the way on the south side. Sometimes they had great used skates for sale. They won't steer you wrong. They ask what level she is and what jumps she does now and what she is working on. Also be prepared for the times when you have to buy a new boot and a new blade separately. Not uncommon for it to be $1000. Honestly I miss those days with all my heart. Softball in the swealtering sun is no comparison to all the beautiful routines and costumes my older 2 had.

We always got the girls skates from Rainbo in Northbrook and we live all the way on the south side. Sometimes they had great used skates for sale. They won't steer you wrong. They ask what level she is and what jumps she does now and what she is working on. Also be prepared for the times when you have to buy a new boot and a new blade separately. Not uncommon for it to be $1000. Honestly I miss those days with all my heart. Softball in the swealtering sun is no comparison to all the beautiful routines and costumes my older 2 had.

This is where we are headed tomorrow.
Since she's just started Freestyle 1 we should be able to get out of there for a couple hundred. We're going to see what they say about it though and take their recommendation. She wants to start spin and jump class when she moves into Freestyle 2. I understand they do have some used skates for sale, but we'll have to see what the experts say before we decide. This is all new to me.

About 10 days ago I went to talk at a Teen mom group about my life/how things have gone for me since I was a teen mom 16 years ago.

I want to volunteer as a mentor but they don't need any right now, so being a "speaker" was something I could volunteer to do.

I didn't feel particularly organized and rambled some and forgot some things, but two of the girls (there were only 4 there that night) have reached out to me on FB to say thanks and how encouraging it was to hear.

One wrote a long note to me on my FB page tonight. So nice! You never know how you can make a difference in someone's life. :)

Picked up SD20 wedding dress tonight.
Bittersweet since her mom and I helped her pick it out.
There were some tears (her mom passed in Dec), but she looked beautiful and her mom was definately there in spirit.

I was up about 3 but went back to bed (and slept!)

Tired, this waiting up for DS to get home every night sucks! Now that he's driving/working he's up later. Can't believe he's 16 already!

I was up about 3 but went back to bed (and slept!)

Tired, this waiting up for DS to get home every night sucks! Now that he's driving/working he's up later. Can't believe he's 16 already!

I've got a couple more years before my oldest is driving but I will be thankful that my DH is a total night owl, because I am not.

im getting im over 40 vision and im not 40 yet well in 5 months I will be but still I feel like my grandma putting everything far away to read. Blah

It's very creepy to try to clean a cabbage patch kid in a pot full of bubbling oxi clean stuff...have to hold the head down to get it in there....

really creepy.

That sounds weird....I usually just scrub the scuff marks off the head with magic eraser the n wash the whole doll in a pillow case in the washing machine.....

SONOFABITCH!!! Trying to fatten up DS9 is so **** hard! I just got him his favorite food.............cheese fries from Big Star drive-in. He gobbled them down then got up, went into the bathroom and puked it all up. :surrender:

He just got back from MIL's house..........she must have fed him a bunch which I didn't know. He pukes a couple times a month................he's always been like that.

...........sigh..........

Homework is done. Kids are playing cello and violin. Jesu joy of man's desiring. There's a Stouffers Chicken enchilada in the oven (I know not exactly gourmet) and I can sit for 1 hour and 15 mins and listen to ensemble practice. Life is good.

I love grilling. Mostly because I plop the food on a cookie sheet or two & then DH is in charge of the rest. :snicker:

Ribs are on sale at Walt's for $3.99/lb. I've given up on the whole "buy meat when it's $1.99" thing- because it never is. :p

I love grilling. Mostly because I plop the food on a cookie sheet or two & then DH is in charge of the rest. :snicker:

That's how I grill too! ;)

I cannot breathe. praying the meds kick in. Tired of being sick and tired! just spent 60 bucks on an antibiotic...the cost nearly killed me! ugh!

I cannot breathe. praying the meds kick in. Tired of being sick and tired! just spent 60 bucks on an antibiotic...the cost nearly killed me! ugh!

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon. :huggy:

Back