What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Today is DD 8th Birthday. She was supposed to have her First Ever "Friends Only, No Family" party on Saturday but she was sick Thursday, Friday and Saturday so we had to cancel it. She was a little bummed but thankfully she is the most easy going kid around. Morgan what kind of cake would YOU like for YOUR birthday??? "It doesn't really matter, just surprise me." Love her to death!!!

So today I surprised her and picked up Burger King and brought it to her school for lunch along with 3 dozen Dunkin Donuts for her classmates. She was thrilled beyond belief, almost to tears. Now it's time to decorate before she gets home from school. Going to have the grandparents over for some cake and ice cream tonight.

Its not hard to know what you are supposed to do........

Just do what is right, honest, and above all what is best for those around you!

Somedays I find things so hard to deal with and continue on the high road. Then DS comes to me and says something that just makes my heart swell to know what a great young man he is. Its those moments that make all of the pain, frustration, and hurt worth going through!!!

Hang in there Missy! :flowers:
Thanks I am 1 moment/day at a time. Dealing with some major drama/worries right now. DH has taken this to a whole new level and he even has other people in town worried right now. Darn it I wish he would just calm down!!!

Is it possible I could be entering perimenopause at 44? Hot flashes for the past year. Now endless periods that last for two weeks. When did I get old??

Valerie you're such a wonderful mommy! :flowers:

Thanks I am 1 moment/day at a time. Dealing with some major drama/worries right now. DH has taken this to a whole new level and he even has other people in town worried right now. Darn it I wish he would just calm down!!!

Please be safe, and call the police if you need to! Prayers for you and your son.

Trust me I no longer hesitate to call them. I hate to say it - I am just about on a first name basis with every officer on 3 police departments :(

Ah crap Missy that sucks.

FIL was served Friday. He had the balls to call my SIL and ask if I make false accusations against him (not even going to mention what he brought up-VOMIT), would she testify against me.

On another note, just this happened on Cops:
Dude gets arrested on drug charges.
He tries to run and is caught.
"I'm hurt!!"
"You're hurt? What happened?"
"Naw I walk with a cane!"
"Walk with a cane? You ran pretty fast without a cane! ... Maybe you mean you ran because you had COcaine!"
Lol

:gah: :pullhair: and let's just add another :gah: for good measure!

My mom lives over 700 miles away. During a discussion yesterday, my brother mentioned to her that he would love to have her back around us here. She ran the idea by me and I jumped to agree, hell yes, move back. Here comes the :gah: :pullhair: and more :gah:

Her complaint... it would be so difficult to pack everything up and move. I would have to contact a new doctor. I would have to have to have my meds sent to somewhere else and who knows how trustworthy that is. I like not having taxes, mississippi is a no property tax state.

Oh come the F on!! What I couldn't say to her... it is so convenient for me to leave in an emergency situation. It is so convenient for me to worry how you are. It is so convenient for me to drive 12 hours just to see you.....

And the end of the conversation... "you know you, your family and your brother and his family could move here. I think she might have gotten a bit offended when I couldn't help but say not a chance in hell, I can NOT take the heat. And she was the one who moved away, yet I am supposed to move... are ya kidding?? :gah:

Going to look at a house tomorrow and probably going to make an offer!

:gah: :pullhair: and let's just add another :gah: for good measure!

My mom lives over 700 miles away. During a discussion yesterday, my brother mentioned to her that he would love to have her back around us here. She ran the idea by me and I jumped to agree, hell yes, move back. Here comes the :gah: :pullhair: and more :gah:

Her complaint... it would be so difficult to pack everything up and move. I would have to contact a new doctor. I would have to have to have my meds sent to somewhere else and who knows how trustworthy that is. I like not having taxes, mississippi is a no property tax state.

Oh come the F on!! What I couldn't say to her... it is so convenient for me to leave in an emergency situation. It is so convenient for me to worry how you are. It is so convenient for me to drive 12 hours just to see you.....

And the end of the conversation... "you know you, your family and your brother and his family could move here. I think she might have gotten a bit offended when I couldn't help but say not a chance in hell, I can NOT take the heat. And she was the one who moved away, yet I am supposed to move... are ya kidding?? :gah:

:huggy: she is being unreasonable.

I had to laugh at the part about transferring her prescriptions. ok, I'll give her this: pharmacists have been known to make mistakes. But any pharmacist at any pharmacy can make a mistake. the ones in Mississippi are not magically exempt! WTF?!

this is for BOTH of you: :slap: :slap:

Now I am looking at houses. I think of alllll the work involved getting this house ready to sell, then moving. I really like my location: I can easily walk to a bunch of places. But there are a bunch of things I don't like about this house. I'm kind of ready for a few things I don't like about it to be Somebody Else's Problem. Maybe it's time to move... and it's all your

DO IT! DO IT!!! :snicker::hiphip:

I'm SOOOO happy we made the move.............it's like our lives are better. :cartwheel:

I'm wondering where Tim Tebow will go now that Peyton Manning went to Denver.

this is for BOTH of you: :slap: :slap:

Now I am looking at houses. I think of alllll the work involved getting this house ready to sell, then moving. I really like my location: I can easily walk to a bunch of places. But there are a bunch of things I don't like about this house. I'm kind of ready for a few things I don't like about it to be Somebody Else's Problem. Maybe it's time to move... and it's all your fault.

I love the idea of getting a house, but not the whole process involved...especially while in another city. I've looked at so many houses online that it is driving me nuts. Honestly, I hope we don't move until we pick a retirement home....

How about remodeling? A new kitchen/bath could do wonders.... especially if you like the location.

How about remodeling? A new kitchen/bath could do wonders.... especially if you like the location.

we just remodeled the kitchen about 3 years ago. New cabinets, flooring, countertops, appliances, but it's still tiny. Before we did that, we considered an addition to get a bigger kitchen and dining room, but I also want a quieter neighborhood, bigger master BR/bath, etc. And some things are not possible with the lot configuration we have. Plus remodeling sucks; I'm not sure I could handle it. I almost lost my mind with the kitchen remodel -- I would rather deal with packing and moving. I kind of feel like this was our starter house and after living in it for 10 years, now I know better what I really want.

Packing and moving sucks though. I have a treadmill and an exercise bike to move up a flight of stairs, and that **** is heavy. OH and this is awesome: when we moved the couch into the family room, it goes around such a tight corner that we ripped a hole in the wall. It was like this episode of Friends, but a lot less funny when it's you whose furniture gets stuck. Getting that couch out of there is going to be a real ****. Did you guys hire movers? maybe we can just leave the couch in the house when we move... :snicker:

Do you think potential buyers would think it's weird to go one of the bedrooms and see walls of shelving full of stockpile? I just bought like 80 boxes of Raisin Bran........ and another bedroom is lined with stacks of at least 50 bags of cat food.

DO IT! DO IT!!! :snicker::hiphip:

I'm SOOOO happy we made the move.............it's like our lives are better. :cartwheel:

keep telling me this. someday I will listen.

We didn't hire movers, but I told DH we would if we ever moved again. I do all the packing and cleaning and DH and friends/family move the rest. It works for me.

I am quite worried about how our couch will come out of our apartment. We didn't realize that we wouldn't be able to fit it into the apartment when we got here, so we had to lift it over the second floor balcony. I really can't imagine getting this couch back out over the balcony. We might just have to let it drop and see if it breaks...

Back