What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Naw.....we are calling them. We want to get a good handle on what we should be asking. There are 4 neighbors that rent on the block, 2 of which are in the building I manage, that are looking to buy. We will ask them if they are interested, and if they are, we will NOT go thru a realtor, to save on closing costs. If no one wants it, then we will pick the realtor.

That's a smart move. That's what my friend & her husband just did. They were renting a condo but it wasn't quite what they wanted. Through a friend who also lives in the development, they found a unit they loved and were able to buy it directly. This way the seller was able to get a bit higher price but they were able to pay less than if they used a realtor. Both parties were very happy.

How many realtors have you met with so far & have their estimates been close?

How many realtors have you met with so far & have their estimates been close?

2....but one owns the house next door and her parents live there. It also is a lot and 1/2. She didn't really want to pinpoint a price, citing conflict of interest...but mentioned upper $$such and such$$.
If she got our house, she would have 3 lots. Her DH is a developer which means 3 one million dollar homes he could build when her parents kick off.

My bro is down in DC for a conference & is likely lobbying some members of Congress as well.

As his nosy sis I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear some of those conversations. :snicker:

DH just side swiped DD's car in the driveway. Awesome.

She is going to freak. Figures, and this ALWAYS happens, that I worked all day with my friend yesterday, can hardly move today & now that $$ will go towards car repairs.

Reading an article at BostonGlobe.com, story was about a guy in a town where I have family & friends. Looking at the pic of the guy's house, thought it looked very familiar but couldn't place it. Turns out he is my cousin's neighbor & she was quoted in the article. :roll:

Another realtor @ 10:00 am today!

it's like a parade!

Did my neighbor seriously just call me & ask me if she could borrow a table? I know there are a lot of people in the world that find it perfectly acceptable to call people before 8am, but I am NOT one of those people. ****!!! I really wanted those last 20 minutes of sleep!! :ranting:

grrrrrr I can't stand this either -- contractors are the worst about this. Somebody better be in jail, seriously ill or dead if you're calling me before 9 AM or after 10 PM.

My DS18's ringtone is a goat...it is funny but irritating at the same time. Oh change it already...I can deal with the meow mix or filet-o-fish ones so much better.

I think I have oral thrush...and I dont know why! I haven't changed anything or eaten anything out of the ordinary...

Did my neighbor seriously just call me & ask me if she could borrow a table? I know there are a lot of people in the world that find it perfectly acceptable to call people before 8am, but I am NOT one of those people. ****!!! I really wanted those last 20 minutes of sleep!! :ranting:

She just called me again to ask me if I was home because she wants to come over!?! :pullhair:

How is my neighbor also your neighbor? :dunce:

I've become good friends with my new neighbors but ****..............I've told her that I go back to bed after the kids go to school, but she's woken me up several times. :surrender: Yesterday she brought a 5 yo little girl over that she was babysitting. She doesn't have kids so she didn't know how to entertain the kid. I got out a bunch of play dough stuff for her to play with. She'll be calling me today because she's babysitting her 3 month old niece but that's ok, I can get my baby fix. :)

How is my neighbor also your neighbor? :dunce:

I've become good friends with my new neighbors but ****..............I've told her that I go back to bed after the kids go to school, but she's woken me up several times. :surrender: Yesterday she brought a 5 yo little girl over that she was babysitting. She doesn't have kids so she didn't know how to entertain the kid. I got out a bunch of play dough stuff for her to play with. She'll be calling me today because she's babysitting her 3 month old niece but that's ok, I can get my baby fix. :)

Soooo you're doing the work and she's getting paid for it? I hope she at least buys you lunch (or Captain)

Soooo you're doing the work and she's getting paid for it? I hope she at least buys you lunch (or Captain)

She was watching the little girl for 4 hours yesterday for a friend..........no money involved. She wasn't over the whole time. She came over with the kid to get a recipe from me and ended up staying for about an hour. Also she didn't have any "kid" food lol so I gave the kid a popsicle and some fruit snacks. :)

When she's watching her niece (also not for money), I go over to give her a break so she can go outside and smoke (and also to sniff the baby). :bliss:

She was watching the little girl for 4 hours yesterday for a friend..........no money involved. She wasn't over the whole time. She came over with the kid to get a recipe from me and ended up staying for about an hour. Also she didn't have any "kid" food lol so I gave the kid a popsicle and some fruit snacks. :)

When she's watching her niece (also not for money), I go over to give her a break so she can go outside and smoke (and also to sniff the baby). :bliss:

ok that's a little different then. and you're good to help :)

popsicles aren't just for kids. I have some in my freezer right now. no kids here :giggles:

ok that's a little different then. and you're good to help :)

popsicles aren't just for kids. I have some in my freezer right now. no kids here :giggles:

I think im addicted to popsicles, not the orange ones though I think they are yucky, but I lub the cherry and grape

holysheepshit!!!!!

The war is on!!! :cartwheel:

DH is in shock, I don't know where to begin.

I suppose getting off the **** computer would be more productive! :giggles:

I think im addicted to popsicles, not the orange ones though I think they are yucky, but I lub the cherry and grape

I like fudgsicles in the summer, too. Less calories and saturated fat than ice cream, portion-controlled, and it still hits the spot for a chocolate craving.

Wassup Steve? :dunce:

Back