What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

those are cute! I never would've thought to look at Sears for curtains. Totally worth the time and effort you put into it. curtains can add or subtract a lot to a room.

:shesaid:

I like em a lot

those are cute! I never would've thought to look at Sears for curtains. Totally worth the time and effort you put into it. curtains can add or subtract a lot to a room.

:shesaid:

I like em a lot

Thanks! I usually tend towards florals but I wanted something different for the living room (also got them for the dining room since both rooms are connected). I also got a chocolate brown slip cover for the couch (well half of the couch - it's a sectional that the cats and Sophie have been pretty rough on so I'm getting rid of half of it). Between the two changes it gave the rooms a bit of a facelift without spending too much $.

I just finished putting my bathroom back together after painting it today. A few weeks ago I bought a shower curtain on clearance at Target for $7.48- $5GC= $2.48. Then I helped a friend paint her living room & she gave me the leftover gallon of paint. I got two "create a baby registry get a $20 gift card" coupons at Target, used those to buy a new rug & new towels. So, $2.48 for a whole new bathroom. :bliss: Too bad the room is so small, the pictures are hard to see. :p

Plants have to stay, it's written in the offer. sorry

:nopompom: When our former neighbors moved, I was about to dig up their yellow rose bush then they came back and got it themselves...........crap! :lol:

I am stressed to the max over a stupid range hood.
Our microwave with range hood went out six months ago. I have been cooking without a range hood as I wanted to replace it with a heavy duty vent hood designed for Asian cooking. Since DH is taking time off from work since last week and he said it's easy, it's project of the week.

First, he procrastinated until the last day of his vacation to do it. Second, he had six months to measure, he didn't! Now after spending $600+ on a range hood, the cabinet above it has to be replaced to fit in so we have safe height from the cooking surface.Third, he spent whole morning trying to take out the cabinet and now ruined the cabinet next to it, and it has to be replaced as well. Fourth, he insisted the duct is vented out to the roof and I had him checked before we bought the range hood, today I climbed out to the attics, found out the duct is not vented out, just vented to the attics.

Wonder how I ended up with this idiot!

I am going to hire someone to finish the work instead of stressing over it.

When we moved from our first house there was a Tropicana rose bush I wanted to bring with me. I was 7 months pregnant with DS18 and just did not have the energy. DH made me leave it and said he'd buy me all the roses I wanted...hmmm I haven't seen any in a while...maybe time to drop a hint?

Three houses later , I was never able to find a Tropicana bush that nice :pout:

Wonder how I ended up with this idiot!

I am going to hire someone to finish the work instead of stressing over it.

Awww don't be too hard on him.............he tried. But yes, just hire someone. :lol:

Awww don't be too hard on him.............he tried. But yes, just hire someone. :lol:

I've had the same here- not sure if it will be worth having DH do all the window/trim painting outside but he is off this week and at least one DS can help him. He finally worked on the dryer again and ended up cutting himself -bleeding all over the laundry room rug ( throw, NBD). I've been listening to the **** squeak for months so I was fed up! If it's not really fixed I am going to get a new dryer at Sears this weekend- I don't care to wait any longer!

Call me ****y today, whatever... I think he knows not to mess with me today- the cleaver's still in full view in the kitchen ,LOL.

I'm loving that our house came with a home warrenty. So far I've called and had them fix an oven, replace hot water heater, do several plumbing things, etc. I'm thinking when the year is up I just might buy an extended warrenty............don't know what it costs but just might be worth it!

I should make dinner in the slow cooker every night ... it really does make life a lot easier.

Or better yet, I wish I could hire a housekeeper and chef ... then I wouldn't even have to do dishes and life would really be easy LOL.

I should make dinner in the slow cooker every night ... it really does make life a lot easier.

Or better yet, I wish I could hire a housekeeper and chef ... then I wouldn't even have to do dishes and life would really be easy LOL.

Now you're thinking!

I have seen classified for "live-in auntie" to take care of kids and housekeeping in the Chicago area chinese paper, they are only paying $1200-$1500/month!!
Next time DH tell people I like to cook, I would tell him I like to have someone else cooking for me. :)

I have seen classified for "live-in auntie" to take care of kids and housekeeping in the Chicago area chinese paper, they are only paying $1200-$1500/month!!
Next time DH told people I like to cook, I would tell him I like to have someone else cooking for me. :)

I bet I could find an illegal in this area for a lot cheaper. :hides: :9:

Next time DH tell people I like to cook, I would tell him I like to have someone else cooking for me. :)

I have a lot of friends that live near Chinatown ... lots of little old ladies willing to do jobs like that. They probably know how to cook authentic Chinese too instead of the Americanized food that is more prevalent out in the burbs.

Back