What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

So, I got a job. The job itself is easy enough, no issues. The BS in my head of leaving my kids/family to go to work is killing my heart. I know I have to go to work.... we need the money. I know this feeling is temporary but it is BEYOND DIFFICULT to try and get balanced in working, family time ect.

Today is my sons birthday. I have to work. We planned to do his cake, presents pizza ect tomorrow night. My son seems ok with this. Today, my mom calls and attempts to guilt me stating it is not fair to my son that I won't be here because of work.

WTF! Are ya kidding me? You really think I haven't thought this myself? You really think that today of all days of the year that I WANT to be away? Thanks, as if I am not feeling bad, your load only sweetened the feeling!

Today I am grateful for hundreds of miles between her house and mine.

don't listen to her!! Your son now gets TWO days to feel special instead of just one. You ARE celebrating him!

From other stuff you've posted about her, sometimes I think she just likes to be negative and she sure seems to like getting under your skin. Don't let her! :huggy:

GOOD NEWS! just got back from dentist with DD8 and her hurt perm teeth. From what he sees in the X-ray...it looks promising... still hoping there's no damage to nerves, but nothing in xray looks dislodged or broken/snapped. Time will tell, she's on STRICT activity level and food intake. She's not to use those three teeth AT ALL. still no straws, forks, spoons, etc. Her diet has consisted of KFC's mashed potatoes and the KFC parfaits! Dr doesn't care what she eats, as long as she eats something and it doesn't affect her teeth. Plus she's on penicillin to prevent infection. The roof of her mouth is all blue and purple...gross. but good news...

That is great news! :cartwheel:

That is great news, Autumn!! :bliss:

Mamma22angels- mothers aren't always right! Ignore yours! KG is totally right- now your DS gets TWO special days!!

(See, KG? You're going to be a great mom because you see the bright side!)

I'm thinking it's beautiful out! I have my doors and windows open. My couch is calling me to take a nap and enjoy the breeze. :bliss:

I'm thinking it's beautiful out! I have my doors and windows open. My couch is calling me to take a nap and enjoy the breeze. :bliss:

We obviously live nowhere near each other. It's humid as hell out there today & hot & sunny.

I'm not even touching the nap subject.

I think I was a hoarder. What the hell was I thinking?

I organized my front-hall-coat-closet-turned-pantry today, Steve. I have developed an odd habit of buying Christmas cupcake sprinkles. And hot sauce. :dunce: Not quite Hoarders level yet, but enough for me to be a little embarrassed & think WTF? :p

My DH has a thing for old school, ugly, giant, white computer monitors. I think I discovered 6 of them when rummaging through the house for garage sale stuff. I said, "Can I sell them?" No. "Can I throw them away?" No.

Ok. I don't care because no one will buy them & when we move I won't be cleaning out the attic, soooooo.... :snicker:

The house is quiet, my refrigerator and stockpile have been raided. Sure signs that the kids have moved out for the new school year.

We obviously live nowhere near each other. It's humid as hell out there today & hot & sunny.

I'm not even touching the nap subject.

Joan it's glorious!!! Steady rain (with that lovely rain smell), cool air and a rumble of thunder.................GREAT sleeping weather! :bliss:

DS hopes it keeps up because he's supposed to have football practice at 5:30 and he wants a break. (they practiced everyday this week)

Joan it's glorious!!! Steady rain (with that lovely rain smell), cool air and a rumble of thunder.................GREAT sleeping weather! :bliss:

DS hopes it keeps up because he's supposed to have football practice at 5:30 and he wants a break. (they practiced everyday this week)

It sounds lovely! They're predicting 81 tomorrow and 83 on Sunday. We'll see.

I organized my front-hall-coat-closet-turned-pantry today, Steve. I have developed an odd habit of buying Christmas cupcake sprinkles. And hot sauce. :dunce: Not quite Hoarders level yet, but enough for me to be a little embarrassed & think WTF? :p

My DH has a thing for old school, ugly, giant, white computer monitors. I think I discovered 6 of them when rummaging through the house for garage sale stuff. I said, "Can I sell them?" No. "Can I throw them away?" No.

Ok. I don't care because no one will buy them & when we move I won't be cleaning out the attic, soooooo.... :snicker:

well at least the sprinkles are eensy weensy..... no problem buying LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :bliss:

don't ask me about mine, ok? :redface:

Rebecca, you think ANY weather is great sleeping weather !!! :lol:

and yes, GLORIOUS here too..... the first day in a long time that I can actually STAND TO BE OUTSIDE! :phew:

FANTASTIC news about your daughter, Autumn!!! :bliss:

I need to stop thinking of new things to get for the house. I've spent hours online looking at washers/dryers and still haven't found what we want. Then there is the whole debating of if we really want to spend $3k on them and looking for sales. Now I am onto sliding glass doors. I'm thinking that french doors would be really nice, but then we'd have to get window coverings. I've also been looking at carpet cleaners b/c I hate the one we have. I'm thinking that maybe a Bissell Spot Bot would be the best. I am absolutely horrible at making decisions, so maybe I should go back to just not buying anything...

Rebecca, you think ANY weather is great sleeping weather !!! :lol:

and yes, GLORIOUS here too..... the first day in a long time that I can actually STAND TO BE OUTSIDE! :phew:

true :9:

So did you FINALLY turn your AC off yet? :bee:

true :9:

So did you FINALLY turn your AC off yet? :bee:

Come on, if your oven was running as much as hers must be I'm sure you'd have the ac going 24/7.

My oven is strictly storage space until probably mid-September. :giggles:

Come on, if your oven was running as much as hers must be I'm sure you'd have the ac going 24/7.

My oven is strictly storage space until probably mid-September. :giggles:
haha, mine too!! i get aggravated when i actually have to empty it out to bake something. i have no counter nor cabinet space other than my butler pantry. everything is stored away like a jenga game. DO NOT TOUCH!

Not quite motivated enough to be a participant in the summer cleaning thread but I cleaned the kitchen! It's been neglected terribly since the birth. Stuff has accumulated everywhere-Wags bags, birthday party stuff, congrats cards, coupons...
I sorted it all, cleaned the counters, cleaned out the fridge, mopped the floors on hands and knees (it needed elbow grease). Feels great!!

Did I really eat a whole can of Pringles today? :faint:

Back