What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Kewpon that really really does suck and I'm so sorry to hear about that. Why don't you share what your DH does and maybe someone here may know of something?

Did he go file yet for UI?

Hey everyone, Thanks for the hugs! To answer your question Red DH has done so many jobs...most recently he worked at Follett for 8 yrs. doing QA work. He also recently worked in a metal working factory driving a forklift and other boring stuff...sorry but it IS boring to me! Ironically he has a Bachelors degree in a useless field but has never been the type to apply himself to anything white collar. So my guess is if they don't call him back to this job(peeps were hinting that they lay them off for 6 mos. and then hire 'em back)he will be doing more backbreaking manual labor type work. But thanks for asking Red.

Have you noticed it is getting dark much earlier now? Already pitch black here at 8pm.

It's not 8, it's 7 and it's not dark yet. :duh:

:p

Personally I'm glad because my kids will go to bed easier.

Kids need to learn the consequence of their actions/inactions.

My mom let us go to bed hungry if we decided to be picky or threw fits at dinner table when we were very young, we learned really young that mom meant business. :)

Kids need to learn the consequence of their actions/inactions.

My mom let us go to bed hungry if we decided to be picky or threw fits at dinner table when we were very young, we learned really young that mom meant business. :)

Preps them for adulthood. Even when they are adults....sometimes, they 'just don't get it'.

Kewpon I'm so sorry to hear about your bad luck....there seems to be a lot of this going on today. If it makes you feel better (and I usually don't share) DH owned his own business for 10 years and we HAD to move the business. It took us over a yr to open again (red tape with city codes etc.) and by that time we were in huge debt. The butt head that bought the business didn't pay us the full amount and we wound up going BR. Since then DH has had 3 jobs and none of them have worked out! I keep telling him that he can't rely on his good looks and charm anymore...11 yrs later, he ain't cute or charming anymore...:giggles: We try to keep a positive attitude and Thank the Lord for what we do have, but I know...it is hard sometimes. I hope he is eligible for UE and will pray that he finds work soon.

Ok so who's gonna 'splain that to DH?! :surrender:

Yum....just made Ramen Coleslaw. I didn't have regular Ramen, so I used Yakisoba Spicy Chicken flavor. It is tasty and has a little kick.
We are leaving for our Camping trip tomorrow. Oh Joy! 3 hours in the car with 2 dogs, 2 teens, DH and MIL on Oxygen. We are meeting the rest of the family up there. If there was a flight to WI. I would be on it and it would be worth it! DH asked if I wanted to take the Ferry this year....HELL NO, just get me there and point to the WINE!

We are leaving for our Camping trip tomorrow. Oh Joy! 3 hours in the car with 2 dogs, 2 teens, DH and MIL on Oxygen. We are meeting the rest of the family up there. If there was a flight to WI. I would be on it and it would be worth it! DH asked if I wanted to take the Ferry this year....HELL NO, just get me there and point to the WINE!

Note to self.......NEVER do that again. :giggles:

MrsMom - I wouldn't have gone back either.

Lex went without breakfast this morning as he was farting around. I gave him half an hour to eat his breakfast, instead he left it where Gadget could get it and went and played with his toys. So Gadget got the breakfast and Lex got a lesson in eat first/play second.

Have you noticed it is getting dark much earlier now? Already pitch black here at 8pm.

Yup - not that bad at 8 but by 8:30 it's dark out there. :pout: I know I've been ****ing about the heat but I don't want the winter to come either.

MrsMom - I wouldn't have gone back either.

Lex went without breakfast this morning as he was farting around. I gave him half an hour to eat his breakfast, instead he left it where Gadget could get it and went and played with his toys. So Gadget got the breakfast and Lex got a lesson in eat first/play second.

Well at least Gadget was happy this morning. :giggles:

Making these scenarios to spend as close to $0.00 OOP brings me back to the days of old. Hoping to get around $100 worth of groceries for around $2!

Im thinking if having boys is this much of a pain in the ****............Im happy I dont have girls (Ive heard they are worse)

winter's coming! winter's coming!!! :bliss:

Back