What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

Hmmm. Also wondering if I need to hit any stores tonight before the sales end? Anything from Jewel or Meijer that I just shouldn't pass up?

I do not understand why anyone would stick their head in the sand and ignore it.

:hb: :gah: :hb:

grrr, how frustrating and sad. I'm so sorry your sister fails to take responsibility for her health. Your brother is the oldest, and he is a doctor, right? Is your sister older or younger than you? Do you think part of the reason she is ignoring her symptoms is maybe some kind of resentment or jealousy that her older brother is successful in the health field? I'm sorry if that was too personal; I just wonder how she can be like this when I know you to be very pro-active about your health. You know how I feel about early detection; I would go ballistic on one of my sisters if they failed to get checked out. :huggy: and prayers for answers and peace.

Hope you & Abby are both feeling better soon. :huggy:

Try a neti pot or sinus rinse; or try some horseradish or wasabi to burn through that sinus congestion. For you, not Abby :giggles:

:shesaid: the neti pot or sinus rinse really does help!

We are scheduled to close on the old house on Friday morning! I'm tentatively optimistic. This is the third closing date we've had; the last time it got cancelled at 4:30 PM the day before it was scheduled. I'll believe it when I see it, but it could happen Friday. woot?

We are scheduled to close on the old house on Friday morning! I'm tentatively optimistic. This is the third closing date we've had; the last time it got cancelled at 4:30 PM the day before it was scheduled. I'll believe it when I see it, but it could happen Friday. woot?

WOOT!!!!!!!! :hiphip::hiphip::hiphip:

Is is to much to ask that the elementary school lets me know if DS5 has morning or afternoon kindergarten?? I mean school starts on the 23rd.

Last week they told me they would mail a postcard this week. Gee thanks. Good thing I HAVE nothing to do everyday..............

Nothing in the mail today :pout:

Good luck kg! :bliss:

Feel better Red & little Red!

DH puts everything in Google calendar. Why didn't he put the fall class registration deadline in there? He had a summer school exam last night and totally failed to remember that class registration ended last night, so the very basic preliminary bids he put down were finalized and he didn't get the class he wanted most, completely screwing up his schedule. This means he'll probably be gone at least one evening during the week this semester, which I hate and is hard on him too.

Even better, he bid on the WRONG CLASS, and the one he got doesn't fulfill the writing requirement he needed. Awesome. He has seriously ****ed up his schedule for the entire next year, his last (thank god) of law school.

KG--We took all of our kids camping around 6 weeks old, and that was in a tent with the first four. By the time I was pregnant with #5 we knew it was time to upgrade to a trailer. So #5 and #6 were also camping at 4-6 weeks old but in the trailer. We loved tent camping with the babies. We have a Kelty Mantra tent that was plenty big for setting up all our beds and a pack and play. By next summer your baby will be perfect age to in one of the Kelty backpack carriers and hit the trails. Don't let having a baby slow down or stop the adventures that you and DH love so much. It just takes some creative planning and readjusting. We just got back from UP, watched the ferry heading out to Isle Royale. So pretty up there. Would live to take the kids backpacking at some point but it's going to have to wait until they can all carry a decent size pack.

WOOT!!!!!!!! :hiphip::hiphip::hiphip:

thanks!! but shhhhhhh don't let them hear you.. I don't want to jinx it...

KG--We took all of our kids camping around 6 weeks old, and that was in a tent with the first four. By the time I was pregnant with #5 we knew it was time to upgrade to a trailer. So #5 and #6 were also camping at 4-6 weeks old but in the trailer. We loved tent camping with the babies. We have a Kelty Mantra tent that was plenty big for setting up all our beds and a pack and play. By next summer your baby will be perfect age to in one of the Kelty backpack carriers and hit the trails. Don't let having a baby slow down or stop the adventures that you and DH love so much. It just takes some creative planning and readjusting. We just got back from UP, watched the ferry heading out to Isle Royale. So pretty up there. Would live to take the kids backpacking at some point but it's going to have to wait until they can all carry a decent size pack.

thanks so much Valerie! that's very encouraging. I think my biggest reservation is I don't want to do any kind of once-in-a-lifetime trip when the kid is too young to remember it. We will start out with things closer to home.

I know it totally depends on the kid, but I've seen two kids as young as 8 and 10 backpacking in Yellowstone with their dads (separate trips, different kids). Both kids were packing their own bear spray. One of them warned me to watch out for a certain kind of snake that lives in the rocky canyon we were hiking through; the other was giving other adults a lesson on the difference in flight patterns and identification from the ground of osprey and bald eagles as we all waited for Lone Star geyser to erupt :cartwheel:

We took the train to Glacier NP in 2005. Kids were 8, 3, 1.5. Of course the 8 year old is the only one to remember any of that. In 2007 we won't to Rocky Mt NP and they don't remember that either but we still enjoyed making those memories as a young family.

I'll bet they loved the train and seeing everything at the time, though! Did you camp in Glacier and bring all your camping equipment on the train?

so not ready for the scdhool year to begin. DDs bus comes at 6:28 even though school starts at 7:40 (it's a mile down the street) and there's one bus stop for the high school on the other side of the subdivision. It's going to take us a while to get into a routine.

Can you take her to school? Does not seem right she has to get up and going so early for a mile travel distance. How old is she?

Ennui, very sorry about your sister. Hope all goes well.

KG, good deal on the closing! 3rd times the charm right?

I'll bet they loved the train and seeing everything at the time, though! Did you camp in Glacier and bring all your camping equipment on the train?

We did not camp in Glacier. Brought both sets of our parents with and stayed in a few of the historic lodges. But we had so much gear on the train, suitcases, two backpack kid carriers, 2 carseats, pack n play. Could have easily brought camping gear onto the train.

I'm back from the horse show! Can I just say it was the greatest show of my entire life!!! I had so much fun and was not getting home until 1 or 3 am and back out there by 8. Ha for me that is really amazing.

I met a bunch of new people and talked to everyone. Everyone kept saying how great it was to see me happy, relaxed, and couldn't get over how I had come out of my shell since last year. lol

Lets just say I came home with 2 phone #'s and an open invitation to go see them any time. And you know what in 1 month when this is final I think I will take a road trip out of state. :)

Missy, there are so many of your posts I wish I could "like" twice.

So good to hear you are happy!

thanks!! but shhhhhhh don't let them hear you.. I don't want to jinx it...

thanks so much Valerie! that's very encouraging. I think my biggest reservation is I don't want to do any kind of once-in-a-lifetime trip when the kid is too young to remember it. We will start out with things closer to home.

I know it totally depends on the kid, but I've seen two kids as young as 8 and 10 backpacking in Yellowstone with their dads (separate trips, different kids). Both kids were packing their own bear spray. One of them warned me to watch out for a certain kind of snake that lives in the rocky canyon we were hiking through; the other was giving other adults a lesson on the difference in flight patterns and identification from the ground of osprey and bald eagles as we all waited for Lone Star geyser to erupt :cartwheel:

Keep doing the "once in a life time" stuff if that's what you want to do. Just take pictures, keep a little journal and then you'll have great stories to tell you kids as they get older. Kids LOVE pictures and stories about when they were babies/younger.

Plus it's great for them to see parents living life. You'll be a great Mom

feeling a bit sad....found out we need to have 6 trees cut down. We already cut 2 ourselves because of the storm from July 1st and now 2 of the 6 are also a result of the storm, and the 4 others are because we got hit with the Emerald Ash borer epidemic. My lovely shade trees........... this makes ten we have lost since we moved here 7 years ago. :pout:

OK, now I am really sad....today is tree trimming day. Not only did they cut the 6, but they also found 2 other ash trees that are infested and then they needed to cut down another tree in order to get to the three they already planned to cut down. So NINE trees gone today....and my lawn is trashed due to all the trampling of the trucks/cutting/hauling equipment. The bright side.....since they were slready here, they cut those 3 extra trees for only $150 more. That was a steal!!!

We did not camp in Glacier. Brought both sets of our parents with and stayed in a few of the historic lodges. But we had so much gear on the train, suitcases, two backpack kid carriers, 2 carseats, pack n play. Could have easily brought camping gear onto the train.

So nice that the grandparents were able to join you! Glacier is one of those places we could see ourselves going back to 10 or more times over the years. When we left after a week there, we felt like we'd barely even scratched the surface of seeing everything we wanted to see.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. It's great to know we can keep doing whatever the hell we want to!

My car won't start. Perfect timing as usual. The ex is coming to help me.

In between time I took the opportunity of my "special" mood to lambast a now x-friend of mine. The short of it is, he owes me $$ & in 7 months I've heard every **** story there is and then some. I'm sooo beyond over it. His story for today, dad is in the hospital.(sigh) Of course he is...

So to my car... I say get better soon please & thank you for making me angry enough to cut this POS out of my life. The only thing now is I really need to stop paying people to get out of life. :giggles:

Is it Friday yet?

Major stress at work, mandatory meeting tomorrow.

This blows

(and not in a fun Georgie kind of way!)

DH totally jinxed it, he said I would sooner or later get a wacko who leaves negative feedback for nothing.

A wacko lady called the number on the product and then left me negative feedback for poor customer service because she wasn't happy with the manufacturer's answer to her question. She claimed that there is another more expensive product I should be mailing her. I asked her to read the listing and match the UPC!

Back