What's new

so what are you thinking right now?

So I always roll over the link and see "I'm tired and need a nap". I tend to go in that direction, so I figure I have something to add, then I click here and see such SERIOUS things. I hate the stress every one is under.

Me too!

I'm feeling unfocused and depressed today. A student in one of the buildings I work in died yesterday. He was at school on Friday, but developed a high fever that night. By yesterday afternoon the district had sent out an email notifying the staff. My heart aches for his parents and friends.

Me too!

I'm feeling unfocused and depressed today. A student in one of the buildings I work in died yesterday. He was at school on Friday, but developed a high fever that night. By yesterday afternoon the district had sent out an email notifying the staff. My heart aches for his parents and friends.
i am so sorry for your loss. what did they actually attribute the death to?

how old? sorry for so many questions. i mean the only 2 things i can think of are menegitis and reyes?

IL is a 50/50 state.

PS - IL is not a community property state (50/50). IL is an "equitable division" state, in which property is divided according to "fairness", which is not necessarily 50/50. There is no formula. Generally, keeping the children's lifestyle as status quo as possible is how judges like to divide the marital property pool. In general whomever gets residential custody of the kids gets the lion's share of the assets (not so in our case with my DH kids simply because giving her all the $ meant she would give us the kids, but that is unusual and was by agreement).

Just wanted to put that out there. IL is also not a presumptive joint custody state.

Also, almost 100 pct of the time in IL what is written in the emergency/temporary orders (child support, alimony, visitation, property, etc) is very often what the plenary (final) orders are drawn from. To alter greatly from temporary orders is an uphill battle in general. Family judges like to see consistency in the case and very little contention. They like everything to be very orderly and civilized, people that vary from that are apt to get slapped down in court. I saw it happen with DHs ex dozens of times.

He was a first grader, so 6 or 7. I thought of meningitis too, but we won't know for a while.

MommyBeth that is so sad............his poor family. :pout:

He was a first grader, so 6 or 7. I thought of meningitis too, but we won't know for a while.

You are killin me here! I know you go to my son's school and he is a 1st grader and now I am wondering about... was it someone Billy knows, is he gonna come home devistated (he is a very emotional boy), is it something contageous, etc....

I can't even put my brain around what that poor family must be going through.

Texted with Missy. She has the paperwork now she needs to keep herself and son safer.

I'm sure she will post again soon. She said she only has internet access at work.

Pray for her. Nobody wants to have their marriage end this way.

:hug:

Kathy,

I just wanted to say thank you for all you do here at CW with not only Qs, but the everyday crappy stuff of life. Also, so sorry that you had to go through those things to be able to know so much. Admire your willingness to "turn that bad into something good" by helping so many others out. kudos to you!!

I need a Pintrest invite, if anyone can please pm me!

I sent a request and I'm on a waiting list?? :tap:

ETA: GOT IT, THANKS!!

I agree Kathy is WONDERFUL! The information she provided to me was 100% right and it was nice to have a heads up on what to expect.

Everyone here at CW has been very nice and I can not thank you all enough for all of the help and support you have given me these last few months.

I do have the papers in place and waiting for him to be served now. The judge was really nice reviewed my case & looked at my proof and in 30 seconds said "granted". She offered some advice and I intend to take it. I was a nervous wreck and was in tears by the time I got up there. I never EVER imagined this would go this way. If only he had said those words to me weeks or months ago we might not be here. I can't look at it that way I know but 14 years is a long time.

I read some of these posts to DH, and gave him some background on the situation.

Definitly stirred up some memories in him, too. It's sad to see any marriage end, especially in a manner like this. But Missy you are NOT alone; there are lots of people that support you and also lots that have been in similar situations before.

I'm so glad you've taken those steps to help keep you and your DS safe.

PS - IL is not a community property state (50/50). IL is an "equitable division" state, in which property is divided according to "fairness", which is not necessarily 50/50. There is no formula. Generally, keeping the children's lifestyle as status quo as possible is how judges like to divide the marital property pool. In general whomever gets residential custody of the kids gets the lion's share of the assets (not so in our case with my DH kids simply because giving her all the $ meant she would give us the kids, but that is unusual and was by agreement).

Just wanted to put that out there. IL is also not a presumptive joint custody state.

Also, almost 100 pct of the time in IL what is written in the emergency/temporary orders (child support, alimony, visitation, property, etc) is very often what the plenary (final) orders are drawn from. To alter greatly from temporary orders is an uphill battle in general. Family judges like to see consistency in the case and very little contention. They like everything to be very orderly and civilized, people that vary from that are apt to get slapped down in court. I saw it happen with DHs ex dozens of times.

50/50 must be the standard "fairness" scale then. I & everyone else I know who is divorced here got 50percent of everything. (Everything of value, not necessarily 50 percent of things like furniture & christmas decor. ;)) For instance, I got 50 percent of the value of our house (and then bartered with ex for more of it) as well as 50 percent of our debts. :lol:

50/50 must be the standard "fairness" scale then. I & everyone else I know who is divorced here got 50percent of everything. (Everything of value, not necessarily 50 percent of things like furniture & christmas decor. ;)) For instance, I got 50 percent of the value of our house (and then bartered with ex for more of it) as well as 50 percent of our debts. :lol:

50/50 may be typical when agreed, but it's not presumptive and he/she who keeps the kids can easily do much better than 50pct.

You are killin me here! I know you go to my son's school and he is a 1st grader and now I am wondering about... was it someone Billy knows, is he gonna come home devistated (he is a very emotional boy), is it something contageous, etc....

I can't even put my brain around what that poor family must be going through.

Sorry Georgie! Just saw this. I'm sure you know by now, not Billy's school. Didn't mean to cause worry.

DH has a ruptured disc in his back...he will be off w/out pay for at least a wk. This sucks bad! Please pray he heals quickly.

Back