What's new

The 411 on origin of SC letters of intent

Well, it certainly appears that there was no "real investigation" going on here, just a terror tactic - as Jennifer said; a "mob tactic."

Did their settlement mention any other brands? Because you know that you can be subject to the same letter/lawsuit action from CB or PHM.

It did say that they have jurisdiction over CB, Pop Hits and several other companies. I have CB essentials 1 through 6 and all but maybe 3 or 4 PHM... Let them come next. I'll never fall for the scare tactic again. I fell for it. I did get discs I didn't own, so I'm glad of that even though I could have gotten them 2500 cheaper.

It did say that they have jurisdiction over CB, Pop Hits and several other companies. I have CB essentials 1 through 6 and all but maybe 3 or 4 PHM... Let them come next. I'll never fall for the scare tactic again. I fell for it. I did get discs I didn't own, so I'm glad of that even though I could have gotten them 2500 cheaper.

For everything that they've put you through, if I were you, I'd still explain the whole story to an attorney and see if there's anything there. This all just smells so rotten from the outside to the core.

For everything that they've put you through, if I were you, I'd still explain the whole story to an attorney and see if there's anything there. This all just smells so rotten from the outside to the core.

It is entirely possible that things are rotten in Denmark, but the King is unaware. I believe in giving everyone a fair shot...

It is entirely possible that things are rotten in Denmark, but the King is unaware. I believe in giving everyone a fair shot...

And that fine. However with my experience, I believe the King is where it comes from.

It is interesting, though. I wonder if someone went through websites and then compiled a list, like you said. Then the lawyers just went through alphabetically.
It's really not an issue, in and of itself, but I do find it interesting, just for interest's sake.

Of course it's an issue. It doesn't matter what was on the site. The statement was made that he was working, which was a lie. It means that absolutely no "investigation" was done, which means that, despite statements to the contrary from SC/Kurt, nothing has changed since the beginning. A dragline withch hunt.

Of course it's an issue. It doesn't matter what was on the site. The statement was made that he was working, which was a lie. It means that absolutely no "investigation" was done, which means that, despite statements to the contrary from SC/Kurt, nothing has changed since the beginning. A dragline withch hunt.

Joe,

I believe to come to that conclusion that one would have to see what was actually stated in the complaint.

If the complaint stated that David Price was witnessed operating a system on July 23rd 2010 at 10 PM, you would be correct.

If it stated that a system operated by David Price was witnessed in operation on July 23rd 2010 at 10 PM, you would be incorrect.

June runs my Karaoke system every Thursday night, the company still belongs to me so the system is operated by me and I am responsible for it's placement, I am the one who a suit would be filed against regardless of who was running it at the time.

Jennifer, I'm sure when we all meet in Charlotte, Kurt and Sound Choice will make it good. They will square everything with you. You'll probably get your other disks back too. I understand you feel slighted, but I really believe everything will work out to your satisfaction. I'm going to try to see David Thursday, but if I don't, we'll talk on the phone.:smilepill:

Joe,

I believe to come to that conclusion that one would have to see what was actually stated in the complaint.

If the complaint stated that David Price was witnessed operating a system on July 23rd 2010 at 10 PM, you would be correct.

If it stated that a system operated by David Price was witnessed in operation on July 23rd 2010 at 10 PM, you would be incorrect.

June runs my Karaoke system every Thursday night, the company still belongs to me so the system is operated by me and I am responsible for it's placement, I am the one who a suit would be filed against regardless of who was running it at the time.

Is June your wife? Then she owns it too - just ask any divorce lawyer.

Is June your wife? Then she owns it too - just ask any divorce lawyer.

That would mean my exwife was part owner even though she had zero to do with my shows. Didn't have to give it to her when we finalized our divorce because she wanted nothing to do with it and didn't want anything to do with it while we were married either. In fact it never came up in the proceedings. I think I only lost $100 to her in the final court date.

That would mean my exwife was part owner even though she had zero to do with my shows. Didn't have to give it to her when we finalized our divorce because she wanted nothing to do with it and didn't want anything to do with it while we were married either. In fact it never came up in the proceedings. I think I only lost $100 to her in the final court date.

Let me put it this way; She could have forced you to convert 50% of its value to cash if her attorney was smart enough. "value" doesn't necessarily mean what you earn, but the half the cost of the entire hardware and library.

In cash....

You got off very easy....

Let me put it this way; She could have forced you to convert 50% of its value to cash if her attorney was smart enough. "value" doesn't necessarily mean what you earn, but the half the cost of the entire hardware and library.

In cash....

You got off very easy....

Wow, understatement of the year award goes to: CHIP!!!!!

Jennifer, I'm sure when we all meet in Charlotte, Kurt and Sound Choice will make it good. They will square everything with you. You'll probably get your other disks back too. I understand you feel slighted, but I really believe everything will work out to your satisfaction. I'm going to try to see David Thursday, but if I don't, we'll talk on the phone.:smilepill:
Kurt was wonderful. It was a little weird, and I was a little high strung... I think he figured out how much we hate pirates. He was not aware we'd had such a large library before we went to the computer.... I feel much better about this!

So are you anti sound choice?

So are you implying that Joe should agree with you because of a label that Sound Choice has decided to invent?

Okay, then by your same standards, that would make you a "blind follower" wouldn't it Thunder?

Back