What's new

The 411 on origin of SC letters of intent

Hey Thunder,

..."Compare SC7511-01 to DK64-05 and tell me honestly which version is closer to the origional."...

I just compared DKM2032-03 to SCME119-28 (GEM) and used a youtube video as reference to the original and I have to say: SC wins. Hands down.

Here's a fun comparison: "Sunshine Of Your Love" by Cream.

I compared DK, SC, SGB, SF, DG and on this one Dangerous (DG) comes up first then SF, then, SGB (had a strange reverb), then DK, then SC with the lead sounding hollow and the drums to heavy. I'm just glad to have all these to compare.

Hey Thunder,

..."Compare SC7511-01 to DK64-05 and tell me honestly which version is closer to the origional."...

I just compared DKM2032-03 to SCME119-28 (GEM) and used a youtube video as reference to the original and I have to say: SC wins. Hands down.

Here's a fun comparison: "Sunshine Of Your Love" by Cream.

I compared DK, SC, SGB, SF, DG and on this one Dangerous (DG) comes up first then SF, then, SGB (had a strange reverb), then DK, then SC with the lead sounding hollow and the drums to heavy. I'm just glad to have all these to compare.

Try "Carry On Wayward Son" from DK, Dangerous and Priddis.

And I have found - on a different song - what appears to be a vocal mask from SC...

I did settle with sound choice because an attorney would cost more than the settlement and I did want the ENTIRE catalogue. All of our discs were buried in a storage house that was full of old equipment. Our settlement letter said we would get all that was available. The actual settlement changed the language.

I did settle with sound choice because an attorney would cost more than the settlement and I did want the ENTIRE catalogue. All of our discs were buried in a storage house that was full of old equipment. Our settlement letter said we would get all that was available. The actual settlement changed the language.

Why am I not surprised?

Jennifer,

Talk to Kurt directly on the matter and see if you can't work it out!

Jennifer,

Talk to Kurt directly on the matter and see if you can't work it out!

I have tried to talk to Michael and Neil and neither bother to return phone calls. I would love to discuss this with Kurt. I've done everything from spreadsheets of all the bars with addresses and phone numbers and nights and KJ's to sending hundreds of links with torrent downloads from our local hard drive copier... I guess they got what I had and figured I'm useless now.

I have tried to talk to Michael and Neil and neither bother to return phone calls. I would love to discuss this with Kurt. I've done everything from spreadsheets of all the bars with addresses and phone numbers and nights and KJ's to sending hundreds of links with torrent downloads from our local hard drive copier... I guess they got what I had and figured I'm useless now.

Stop feeding them and push to get what you were promised. Check with your attorney on the best recourse and sue them in small claims court if you have to. You'll even get your filing fee back, you're not allowed an attorney and either are they.

Stop feeding them and push to get what you were promised. Check with your attorney on the best recourse and sue them in small claims court if you have to. You'll even get your filing fee back, you're not allowed an attorney and either are they.

That would be funny. I am hoping that SKid's meeting at SC on the 15th gives me a face to face meeting with those refusing to return phone calls... I'm sure Kurt has no clue who we are. He referred to us in a letter about legal KJ's in this area as Champions Bars because that's where we work exclusively... We do not own the bars....

As an aside, was it your Monday, Thursday, or Friday night gig that was named in the paperwork that SC sent you?
If so, I think I know why only your husband was named and not you.

As an aside, was it your Monday, Thursday, or Friday night gig that was named in the paperwork that SC sent you?
If so, I think I know why only your husband was named and not you.

They didn't specify but it would have been Thursday or Friday night... Morrisville Champions.

Spill it, I'm curious if our suspicions are correct....

They didn't specify but it would have been Thursday or Friday night... Morrisville Champions.

Spill it, I'm curious if our suspicions are correct....
The website..... Just check it and you'll see. The other nights name both of you.

The website..... Just check it and you'll see. The other nights name both of you.

Which website?
I could think of about 100 to check... Probably ours... which we no longer have...
But Dangerous Doug didn't have a website and he got a letter...

I don't really care how we got mentioned. I'm sure it was from a website somewhere listing operators. All the named people when they sent us the letter started with a D... David Price, Dangerous Doug, DJ Diva, and Donald Alston. I find it hard to believe they didn't get an alphabetized list from someone. David had actually posted online that he was going to report everyone with the hard drive to SC in a blog about 2 months before we got the letter. I suspect that someone decided to report him first....
If I had it to do over, I'd never have settled....

It is interesting, though. I wonder if someone went through websites and then compiled a list, like you said. Then the lawyers just went through alphabetically.
It's really not an issue, in and of itself, but I do find it interesting, just for interest's sake.

It is interesting, though. I wonder if someone went through websites and then compiled a list, like you said. Then the lawyers just went through alphabetically.
It's really not an issue, in and of itself, but I do find it interesting, just for interest's sake.

The jerk copying the hard drives here in town had a list of karaoke operators on his website. I suspect that he called SC and reported us after my husband blogged that he was going to start reporting pirates to SC. He was selling drives to the other 3 operators named from Raleigh, but they had all quit buying his torrent updates for a monthly fee.

The jerk copying the hard drives here in town had a list of karaoke operators on his website. I suspect that he called SC and reported us after my husband blogged that he was going to start reporting pirates to SC. He was selling drives to the other 3 operators named from Raleigh, but they had all quit buying his torrent updates for a monthly fee.

Well, it certainly appears that there was no "real investigation" going on here, just a terror tactic - as Jennifer said; a "mob tactic."

Did their settlement mention any other brands? Because you know that you can be subject to the same letter/lawsuit action from CB or PHM.

Back