What's new

TUESDAY'S Storm...

DH has decided to pick up Emm.

NOW, I just wish all my ducks were home. I am muchmore nervous sitting at home waiting than I am driving.

Feeling the same way. All of the afterschool activities/practices/art classes have been cancelled so we have no where to go, now I just want them home safe from school. Praying for those bus drivers.

Sorry, watching Tom Skilling and you should be be getting it REALLY good any second.

WE went from 10.00 mile visibility to .25 of a mile in the half hour I spent watching the news.

Yup pretty much as soon as I typed that, I looked up and saw flakes. :surrender:

I went and picked up my kids early before it got too bad. I cannot believe how many f'ing idiots drive in this **** with their lights off. :ranting:

Has anyone else ever picked their kids up early because of weather?

Big fluffy flakes here.

It better be snowing in Orland! I hope Cookie is happy. :)
Can't we send all of the snow Cookie's way?
Feeling the same way. All of the afterschool activities/practices/art classes have been cancelled so we have no where to go, now I just want them home safe from school. Praying for those bus drivers.

Last Friday, I got a phone call from my niece's bus driver asking someone to come and pick her up. My brother was here waiting for her to get off the bus so he went to get her - I was glad that I didn't have to go. I don't know the details on what happened (didn't seem him, forgot to ask), but the bus driver said she was waiting for a tow truck.

Flight changed to tomorrow!

:woo:

(Altho they will be arriving at 1250am Friday, 50 minutes after midnight, that is)

Better than today!

Yup pretty much as soon as I typed that, I looked up and saw flakes. :surrender:

I went and picked up my kids early before it got too bad. I cannot believe how many f'ing idiots drive in this **** with their lights off. :ranting:

I have called to have my highschoolers released early (last year, not this year), they drive together. Baby rides the bus and those ladies seem to be able to drive thru anything...

at our school we are on watch they can release them at anytime now--we get out at 3:07

I almost wish tryouts at our hs were delayed. We'd risk our lives to go to the batting cages. :lol: You can never bat enough.

Instead I will live in fear that the grade school will cancel school tomorrow.

Just got back home from DS6's afternoon gymnastics class. VERY messy out. Wondering how long it will take DS8 to get home on the bus. School is dismissed at 3:00 and he usually gets home around 3:15 but I am sure today will be later.

I have no reason to go out now so will be home until tomorrow. Just hoping that DH doesn't have too bad of a time tonight with his commute home.

Thank God! our CFO called our office today at 1:30 and said, we could leave early if we wanted. I bolted, because I'm the MOM...and DS18 has his new car the 1991 Camero...which you Can NOT drive in the snow....he was very happy because he couldn't walk....he rolled his ankle in P.E. so all is well that ends well...we are all home safe and sound....now praying his boss calls him and says don't come in.....I'm laughing because DH just said to me..."I put the Christmas lights on so you could find the house" yes, my Christmas lights are still up!

Val, what schools do your kids go to? DD12 goes to MMS and was home on time.

Val, what schools do your kids go to? DD12 goes to MMS and was home on time.

We are in Johnsburg district 12. High schooler got home about 5-7 later than normal. Others aren't supposed to get home until 4ish.

I just went and snowblowed 6 inches of snow from my driveway. I am only a couple of miles north of Val. I only have a DH I have to worry about getting home. Hope everyone's babies make it home safely.

Just got back from picking up my kids. It was scary driving out there for sure. The streets had been just plowed once and thank goodness everyone was driving slooooowwww.

My DH is leaving work now in Wheeling to start his trek home to Kenosha............I pray he makes it home ok. He's been in two accidents in the winter since we've been married. :surrender:

Adil was born in 1998. That month we had a HUGE snow storm one day. Starting around 4 a.m. and going through 4 pm.

With that timing and the HUGENESS of what was coming and after looking out my window at 7 a.m...I kept my girls home from school.

Around 11 am the schools were FRANTICALLY trying to get the kids home through a HORRIBLE storm.

MINE were safe at home playing and watching TV.

I believe sometimes YOU have to make those decisions for your kids rather than waiting like a sheep for someone else to let you know what is safe for your kids.

My DH is leaving work now in Wheeling to start his trek home to Kenosha............I pray he makes it home ok. He's been in two accidents in the winter since we've been married. :surrender:

Mrsmom, I KNOW you guys can afford it....this may be a hotel kind of night for your dh.

If I thought for 1 second my dh would consider it, I would ask him NOT to bring Emmalee home now/this evening.

I went to the PO...8-9 blocks from my house and saw a number of cars just stopped with their blinkers on in the MIDDLE of the street.

Adil was born in 1998. That month we had a HUGE snow storm one day. Starting around 4 a.m. and going through 4 pm.

With that timing and the HUGENESS of what was coming and after looking out my window at 7 a.m...I kept my girls home from school.

Around 11 am the schools were FRANTICALLY trying to get the kids home through a HORRIBLE storm.

MINE were safe at home playing and watching TV.

I believe sometimes YOU have to make those decisions for your kids rather than waiting like a sheep for someone else to let you know what is safe for your kids.

Thanks Barb. I did feel a little silly at the time. I know DS10's teacher wasn't pleased with me esp. when I then told him that he also has a Dr. appointment tomorrow afternoon.......oh well.

I'm still glad I went early.............it's down right nasty now.

Flight changed to tomorrow!

(Altho they will be arriving at 1250am Friday, 50 minutes after midnight, that is)

Better than today!

I figured Midway would be making that choice for you!

YAY!!! To not having to worry!:flowers::flowers:

Mrsmom, I KNOW you guys can afford it....this may be a hotel kind of night for your dh.

If I thought for 1 second my dh would consider it, I would ask him NOT to bring Emmalee home now/this evening.

I went to the PO...8-9 blocks from my house and saw a number of cars just stopped with their blinkers on in the MIDDLE of the street.

Oh do you? :lol:

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I may call or text him..............but wait, that's not safe while he's driving.............sigh. Well he's prolly creeping along slow enough or at a stand still to check is phone................right?

Sometimes husbands are stubborn.

My DH has a 30 minute commute. During the last storm, I told him to stay put and work late in the office. Better to sit at work for an extra 90 minutes or 2 hours than to sit in a car getting aggravated KWIM. He keeps instant noodles and snacks and drinks at his office so he won't get hungry either.

He left work at 6:00 and got home at 7:30. Instead of it taking 30 min, it took 90 min.

One of his coworkers lives right near us. That guy left the office at 8 and got home at 8:30 ... regular 30 min commute.

I told DH he should have just listened to me but NOPE, he knows best!

Back