What's new

TUESDAY'S Storm...

Good Tuesday morning all! A wintry ****tail of precipitation ranging from rain to sleet and snow has switched to heavy snow. The 2nd winter storm to affect the area in less than a week is responsible--and things are likely to get worse before they get better. The storm is larger and windier than last Thursday night's storm and has produced as much as 5.3" at Versailles, IL--3" of which came down in 30 minutes as a result of thundersnow. We're predicting 3 to 7" by the time snow eases to lighter more occasional snow later tonight. Some of our models suggest locally heavier totals. Visibilities at 12 noon Tue have plunged to 1/4 mile in heavy snow at Auroa, Bartlett, Morris and 1/2 mile at DeKalb and 3/4 mile at O'Hare and Midway. Our WeatherBug cameras have shown dramatic deterioration in the weather as a mix of ice pellets and freezing rain have transitioned to heavy snow. The transition has been nicely handled by our in-house RPM model. Here's that model's snowfall forecast.
no kidding! Went to Doms real quick and it was like a blizzard getting home just the couple miles down the street!

Snowing & blowing here...

My DS has gymnastics this afternoon from 1:30-2:30 but it looks pretty messy out. Debating whether I want to actually go out or just stay at home instead ...

Snowing and blowing HARD here.....

Cloudy and dreary here. I wish I could take a nap.

We're supposed to get lots of rain (about 1 1/2") and high winds overnight into mid-morning tomorrow.

Nope, I don't want to trade for the snow.

I have no choice. I have to drive to Grayslake to get Emmalee from school.

I already messaged her that I WILL be late and to go study or something until we get there.

Snowing and blowing HARD here.....

It's getting dark here in Kenosha and windy, but no flakes yet. Keep it there please. Kaythanksbye. :)

I just got back from Walmart..............spent $85. I bought a couple shovels, a new bag of salt (ran out), blizzard bananas (not really), blizzard booze (really) and plenty of food and snacks.

Sorry, watching Tom Skilling and you should be be getting it REALLY good any second.

WE went from 10.00 mile visibility to .25 of a mile in the half hour I spent watching the news.

Waiting to see if DHs flight will be cancelled, or if I will be driving to Midway for an 8pm arrival....

Grr! We have gone back & forth about this a coupla times today - I keep telling him to take the bump til tomorrow (the kids schoolwork will survive), arriving today is going to be much worse for me than for them........

Husbands!

That jerk just said "another snow system coming Monday into Tuesday next week"

Ummmm, yeahthanksomuchnot.

Ernie and I decided that winter just started 2 months late....so I guess good snows into May this year?!?!?

Waiting to see if DHs flight will be cancelled, or if I will be driving to Midway for an 8pm arrival....

Grr! We have gone back & forth about this a coupla times today - I keep telling him to take the bump til tomorrow (the kids schoolwork will survive), arriving today is going to be much worse for me than for them........

Husbands!

Midway has already cancelled 55 flights. The airport may be deciding for you guys.

AH ****! coming down hard and heavy here...worried about my vol.'s getting in tonight to the shelter...the good news is I live only a few blocks away from tonight's so I could spend extra time if need be....DD has a physical therapy appt. this aft. but I think we are gonna have to cancel...we'll never make it if this keeps up!

I can't see my back fence from the back window. :pout:

Big fluffy flakes here.

It better be snowing in Orland! I hope Cookie is happy. :)

Big fluffy flakes here.

It better be snowing in Orland! I hope Cookie is happy. :)

She just posted on FB that she and Lucy were going to take a walk in a Winter Wonderland.

DH has decided to pick up Emm.

NOW, I just wish all my ducks were home. I am muchmore nervous sitting at home waiting than I am driving.

Back up to a warning...5-7 inches & windy...

CLC is closing at 3.

DH has decided to pick up Emm.

NOW, I just wish all my ducks were home. I am muchmore nervous sitting at home waiting than I am driving.

Yup, me too. DDs hs is just a mile down the road but I bet it will take an extra 15 minutes. Second dds school is way out there. I'm thinking anywhere from an extra half hour to an hour. I get what you say about driving, then at least you feel like you have some control vs just waiting around.

Back