What's new

UPDATED TITLE - Teen Sneaks - Mean Mom busts her!

this is a side note but my 13 yo dd told me yesterday that her friend told her that when she grows up she wants to be in playboy. These are the influences our young daughters are being subjected too - and our young sons!

this is a side note but my 13 yo dd told me yesterday that her friend told her that when she grows up she wants to be in playboy. These are the influences our young daughters are being subjected too - and our young sons!

It's definitely crazy!

My 10 year old came home from school this year and told me she learned about pole dancing on the 'firepole' at school - came to find out one of the other students mothers is a stripper - even if you are - do you need to teach your 10 year old how to do it?

Kids got their updated house rules this morning. Can't play outside alone, doors locked at all times, etc - I know it could be soooo much worse - but I HATE this!

Playboy has been around since the 1950s, the magazine is nothing new. But when we grew up there was no Playboy channel on TV, no idiotic reality show of Hef & his live-in bimbos, etc.

I am so sorry to hear that you are going thru all of this ~ :grouphug4:

Not that I want my girls in Playboy...but I find Playboy tasteful. :hides:

This thread scares the **** OUT OF ME! Thank you for sharing your experiences, Diane...I've got three girls.

Keep us updated on the police situation, I'm curious.

A few years ago my friend (calmly) told me that his 17yo DD stated that she had a goal of one day being on Girls Gone Wild. :faint:

I have no idea how the conversation went when it actually took place but when they were telling us about it, both parents acted like 'no big deal, go for it.' :faint:

Not that I want my girls in Playboy...but I find Playboy tasteful. :hides:

This thread scares the **** OUT OF ME! Thank you for sharing your experiences, Diane...I've got three girls.

Keep us updated on the police situation, I'm curious.

Thanks, I don't want to scare anyone, but if I can help another family to not have to go through this, it will help make this more bearable.

We did not hear from the police today. I'm not really surprised by that, but the officer said that we he would try to give us an update.

Even though we have never had a problem ~ I have decided to make sure to talk with my DS 15 again about this whole sexting ~ I don't want him to get caught up in this whole thing ~

Took dd to the mall today, purchased a few new shirts that have NO chance of any clevage showing (I had allowed the layered tank top look before, but she was good at pulling them down at every chance)

She found that the new dress code rules are going to be tough - but did truly like the shirts we got.

Then the youngest daughter went out to walk the dog and there was a strange car sitting across the street (there is no parking on the street in the area we live). DD immediately came back in to alert us, and my husband went to check on it, just another added level of tension we will have to live with.

You did the right thing. I wish I had this amount of control over my step daughter, but I don't. I was told that the 3 other parents thought I was unreasonable because I wanted her passwords to facebook ect. I wouldn't be surprised if she has sexted as she has a smart phone that I know no one ever checks. She is 15 and just recnetly I have caught her in a few lies but I am not allowed to say anything.:surrender: Good luck.

The trouble with learning to parent on the job is that your child is the teacher. ~Robert Brault

Simply having children does not make mothers. ~John A. Shedd

Conspicuously absent from the Ten Commandments is any obligation of parent to child. We must suppose that God felt it unnecessary to command by law what He had ensured by love. ~Robert Brault

When you teach your son, you teach your son's son. ~The Talmud

She didn't like being twelve. It felt like someplace between who she'd been and who she was about to be. It felt like no place at all

A few of my fav's. Being a teen and a mother has so many challenges. Keep love in your heart and just do the thing that you feel is right. Ride the waves with pride, love and dignity for as soon as it ebbs another wave will rise.

My sis found out that my nephew was sexting. When she confronted him about it, he had no clue what he did was wrong (he's 15). After digging into the matter a little more, she found out that there was an 18 year old BOY that was hounding him (and offered to pay him) for the pics. My sis immediately called the police. She was advised that he could be charged with the sexting, but never was. I believe they were more interested in the perv that was hounding him for the photos. His phone was also confiscated for evidence. They did arrest the perv last year but I am not sure what has happened with that.

You did right by calling the police! Hopefully there is no freak in her case and that it will scare the sense into her that this is a serious matter.

After reading the posts, my husband and I sat with 11 year old DD and discussed these issues. Although she was uncomfortable with the whole subject, I'm glad we did. Thanks for letting everyone know and reminding us of the true "facts of life".

After reading the posts, my husband and I sat with 11 year old DD and discussed these issues. Although she was uncomfortable with the whole subject, I'm glad we did. Thanks for letting everyone know and reminding us of the true "facts of life".

Thanks! Just knowing this might help others really does help!

It's definitely crazy!

My 10 year old came home from school this year and told me she learned about pole dancing on the 'firepole' at school - came to find out one of the other students mothers is a stripper - even if you are - do you need to teach your 10 year old how to do it?

Kids got their updated house rules this morning. Can't play outside alone, doors locked at all times, etc - I know it could be soooo much worse - but I HATE this!

You just reminded me I knew a mom who was an "author" :rolleyes:...of erotica. Oh, and if I recall correctly, she was also the President of the PTA at her private school. I've always wondered if that appeared in her bio to the new families.

It's you and the girls against the world...keep doing what you're doing. ;) and :huggy:

You just reminded me I knew a mom who was an "author" :rolleyes:...of erotica. Oh, and if I recall correctly, she was also the President of the PTA at her private school. I've always wondered if that appeared in her bio to the new families.

Why is "author" in quotations. People who write 'erotica' are just as much authors, as anyone else. Also, what does writing adult material for adults, have to do with her being an active part of her children's life/school. Can't wait for the United States to grow up about sex. Won't be holding my breath though.

Why is "author" in quotations. People who write 'erotica' are just as much authors, as anyone else. Also, what does writing adult material for adults, have to do with her being an active part of her children's life/school. Can't wait for the United States to grow up about sex. Won't be holding my breath though.

You're assuming that all "authors" are equally talented. And I am going to assume you didn't have the honor of meeting her to know that she might not have been as active in her children's life/school than being on the PTA might suggest. I know parents so wrapped up in being a part of the crowd and as being seen as being active, that they really are less involved in their kids' lives and have no clue was to what they're doing (Diane, in no way does this apply to you.) In this case, her "writing" took center stage.

This reminded me of yet another :quotes:mom.:quotes: She's no pole dancer, but did decide that her real calling wasn't in raising her kids but going back to work at Hooters and partying with whatever guy had the biggest...wallet.

Will I be considered "grown up" when I would be proud to bring either one of these moms w/me to school on career day if I were their kid - because if so, I'm quite content being immature.

Back