What's new

Your member name meaning.....

My guess would have been Tracy, so not sure if the riddle has been solved--sounds like a separate thread--can you guess this riddle? Hopefully the person is reading this thread and will answer---it isn't me--though my name is Kathy--the screen name and birthday etc associated with the account is my daughters--but you would have to do a lot of digging to see that one--

Because I have 2 kids who are angelic! Like most of my posts, the name is TOTAL sarcasm, so I figured it fit.
I figured maybe you loved kids so much you were a foster mom to 22 of them (not all at the same time).

My hs stands for homeschool and CW wouldn't let me use the whole thing spelled out for my user name so I shortened it. It's what I do with most of my time.

One time my mom accidently closed the door on a bumblebee, it was split in two, she realized it was still alive so we put it under a magnifying glass and saw its little heart beating away, FOR LIKE 2 HOURS! so, ever since then, I have a soft spot for bumblebees, they never give up.

Not quite as creative as the others but I find it easy to remember
binchi = Barry in Chicago

Hyalophora cecropia, the largest moth in North America (5-6" wingspan). I used to raise them from egg to adult when I was a kid, and I still think they're amongst the most beautiful creatures in the world.
get an idea of scale
portrait of cecropia moth
even the larva looks cool

Holy crap that's neat! I learned something today..............I can go back to bed now. :lol:

7-26-11-cecropia-moth-larva-img_1346.jpg

I've never seen a moth that big..........are they in the midwest?

I know at least 2 members on here with First names for screennames that are totally not their real first names

To thicken the plot

First Name Screen name 1's real first name is the screenname if First Name Screen name 2

:lol:

I've never seen a moth that big..........are they in the midwest?

Yes, they are native to pretty much the entire eastern half of the US and up into Canada. You'd be surprised how common they are around here... I grew up in a suburb not far from where I am now and first discovered the HUGE caterpillars on our lilac bushes. The larvae eat a lot of different plants.

I found that if I had the right plants in our yard and knew what to look for, I'd find caterpillars every year. Grow dill, get Eastern Black Swallowtails, etc. It's also pretty easy to order eggs or cocoons of H. cecropia (or dozens of other butterfly/moth species) if anyone wants to try rearing them at home. I did that a few times for species that I couldn't find easily in the wild.

Viita was my maiden last name, called me velViita in HS... like the Cheese :)

One time my mom accidently closed the door on a bumblebee, it was split in two, she realized it was still alive so we put it under a magnifying glass and saw its little heart beating away, FOR LIKE 2 HOURS! so, ever since then, I have a soft spot for bumblebees, they never give up.

I feel the same way about ants. Killed one of the big black carpenter ants in the house and it was beheaded, and that head kept moving like crazy for over an hour. I was completely amazed.

Mine is my first initial and my last name. I would have been more creative had I known that peeps actually talked on this site.

Lany is the name my grandmother called me. My cousins still call me that. My nieces and nephews also call me that. b is the first letter in my last name.

Hyalophora cecropia, the largest moth in North America (5-6" wingspan). I used to raise them from egg to adult when I was a kid, and I still think they're amongst the most beautiful creatures in the world.
get an idea of scale
portrait of cecropia moth
even the larva looks cool

They are beautiful! We, not by choice, ended up raising some polyphemus. My DS brought home a caterpiller, which spun into a cacoon. Put it into my husbands underware drawer because we were afraid the kids would pick it apart. Forgot about it and about 8 months later found it behind the curtains in our bedroom. We put it outside and a male polyphemus found it and mated with it. We brought it back in and it laid eggs everywhere. We put her in a brown paper bag and she laid hundreds more. Their main food was silver maples so we had a good food source for them. It was so cool learning about them. I gave quite a few to the junior high school science teacher. Which reminds me...I have to find out if they emerged for her.

Back