What's new

cheerleaders come in and sound off

I can tell you from experience, I use to be a Walmart Greeter, that nine times out of ten that is exactly what happened but it is better to stop them all and check rather than let the one get away with theft. When we were wrong we apologized for the inconvience and let them go on their way.

Again another persons logic I just don't understand. Based on what you said from your past experience as a Wal-Mart greeter, its better to stop and harass 9 people for the sake of catching one? REALLY?!?!?!?

Again, ILLEGAL SEARCH AND SEIZURE!

So what if you say your sorry? Sorry in my mind is reserved for accidents and really truly messing up.
Sorry is NOT for EVERYDAY intentional behavior!!!

Why is it so hard to understand? Why do people in this country so easily give away their rights? I am a full out liberal and even have a problem with people of this mentality. Stand up for whats right instead of looking for a bandwagon to jump on!

We don't live in a perfect world. The tags at Walmart and other stores are put on items to help keep theft down. If the alarm goes off, it shows a POSIBILITY that something has been stolen so just show the man your receipt. If the alarm went off in a jewlery store, wouldn't you stop?

Why is it so hard to understand? Why do people in this country so easily give away their rights? I am a full out liberal and even have a problem with people of this mentality. Stand up for whats right instead of looking for a bandwagon to jump on!

Because all you have to do is find a group of people that are in a desperate situation with no idea how to fix it themselves, and promise to make it all better for them. The beauty of this is, because you have convinced them that it's for thier own good, they'll throw thier blind support behind you, willingly give away all of thier rights, and you'll never even have to make a difference at all. Governments have been doing it forever, seem like it was only a matter of time for others to give it a try.

Guys a reminder this is a post about a meet-up in North Carolina, please try to stick with the opening post or i'll have to close the thread

Ok Guys,

I am going to email Kurt and see if we can get an idea of the "flow" for the get togeather. I will post an outline as soon as I have some more info:biggrinpill:

Guys a reminder this is a post about a meet-up in North Carolina, please try to stick with the opening post or i'll have to close the thread

I think part of the reason alot of us held our conversations in here is because of the name of the thread. Just an idea...

If possible maybe move the last couple pages to the SC Letters Of Intent page.

I can tell you from experience, I use to be a Walmart Greeter, that nine times out of ten that is exactly what happened but it is better to stop them all and check rather than let the one get away with theft. When we were wrong we apologized for the inconvience and let them go on their way.

The big difference is that in the situation with the illegal copies of our content, nine times out of ten THEY ARE STEALING. And 10 times of out ten if the KJs do not have our written permission before making the media shift, we can sue them for infringement. Sorry but the Walmart "Halt, let me check your receipt" story (which was supported by the opinion of one cop) isn't a valid comparison.

Hi "Cheerleaders". I don't know if it was posted on the thread where Debi from Chartbuster introduced herself, but she wrote to me Friday and said they would be here. I haven't heard from anyone at Stellar Records, so I'll call them directly and see if I can get a commitment from Tom or Tony.

Athena, we can talk and outline an "agenda" for the days here. I don't really have one, although if Chartbuster and Stellar are here, we will probably discuss KIAA for several hours among the three manufacturers.

If Chartbuster and even if Pop hits were interested in knocking out some audits while they are there for those of us interested , i'd bring my discs along :)

Athena, we can talk and outline an "agenda" for the days here. I don't really have one, although if Chartbuster and Stellar are here, we will probably discuss KIAA for several hours among the three manufacturers.

Why sugarcoat a disinvitation Kurt? This a simply a "heads up" that the rest of the cheerleaders will not be allowed to participate in any discussions about "the industry." The cheerleaders will get the boot during the "real" discussion that happens in the secret conclave. The KIAA is for the manufacturers, not even the "legit" karaoke people.

And it's exactly this kind of attitude that would prevent me from ever joining such a one-sided organization.

Why sugarcoat a disinvitation Kurt? This a simply a "heads up" that the rest of the cheerleaders will not be allowed to participate in any discussions about "the industry." The cheerleaders will get the boot during the "real" discussion that happens in the secret conclave. The KIAA is for the manufacturers, not even the "legit" karaoke people.

And it's exactly this kind of attitude that would prevent me from ever joining such a one-sided organization.

HAHAHAHA - you presume that you would even be invited or wanted among the organization.

And since I was writing DIRECTLY to those KJs who I know will be attending, I didn't have to publicly tell them about KIAA's plans and ask for input and feedback (which has been done among a group of KJs already) and that we are looking for their input on how to ferret out more pirates and how to begin a campaign letting Singers know that if they want to benefit from new music and contests and prizes and etc., that they should also ONLY attend shows where the Host was a confirmed legitimate host. Singers also have a stake in the future of Karaoke and stopping piracy.

As for the "manufacturer only" meeting it was to talk about funding for one thing and issues that are germane to manufacturers only. Certainly if I wanted to have any sort of clandestine meeting, I wouldn't post plans to meet on a public forum, now would I? But that sort of logic escapes you.

BTW, you are now on my IGNORE. You absolutely do not add any value to any thread I have been involved in - IN MY OPINION. And I certainly waste too much of my time responding to any of your posts when I could be fighting piracy and running my business.

BTW, you are now on my IGNORE. You absolutely do not add any value to any thread I have been involved in - IN MY OPINION. And I certainly waste too much of my time responding to any of your posts when I could be fighting piracy and running my business.

Bravo! :yahclap:

HAHAHAHA - you presume that you would even be invited or wanted among the organization.

And since I was writing DIRECTLY to those KJs who I know will be attending, I didn't have to publicly tell them about KIAA's plans and ask for input and feedback (which has been done among a group of KJs already) and that we are looking for their input on how to ferret out more pirates and how to begin a campaign letting Singers know that if they want to benefit from new music and contests and prizes and etc., that they should also ONLY attend shows where the Host was a confirmed legitimate host. Singers also have a stake in the future of Karaoke and stopping piracy.

Wave that flag like crazy! Wow, you've really never been to a karaoke club have you?

As for the "manufacturer only" meeting it was to talk about funding for one thing and issues that are germane to manufacturers only. Certainly if I wanted to have any sort of clandestine meeting, I wouldn't post plans to meet on a public forum, now would I? But that sort of logic escapes you.

Wrong. You're simply saving money by doing it when they are all there and DISinviting the very people that want to meet with you to discuss the very organization you proclaim is created for THEIR benefit. Direct question: You wouldn't be hiding anything would you?

This get together won't cost you squat. You're certainly not traveling anywhere.

And last time I checked your KIAA organization ALSO collects funding from KJ's in the form of "memberships." At least that's what you call them.... Apparently, those funds do nothing to benefit them... Nice. Real Nice.

Awww! I didn't mean to scare you away! I'll play dumb if that'll make you feel better. So much for all that "debate training" in school I guess.... When you talk yourself into a corner, you might as well close the door so no one can see you.

So does this mean that you've OFFICIALLY switched (again) from "asset recovery" to "fighting piracy?" It's difficult to keep up with you.

It would be great if you could play dumb. As in not able to speak. Many of us would thank you for that.

This is not a good way to win over new and or keep existing customers.... shame on you.

ROFLMAO........ Do you really think singers care? They pirate the stuff themselves!

See my comments in blue.... as to the rest well that's cool.

True.

How many singers bring in a burned disc for you to play?

(lots)

I am happy to have the manufacturers on board here. I mainly like the forums for information and feel it is a rare opportunity to be able to ask them questions and get responses. I can't remember which thread I should have posted this in but they were all sounding sort of the same so I picked here.

None of ours. We will not play them and have posted why in the front of our books. We have had very few complaints since doing so
True.

(lots)

True.

(lots)

Also, 0.

You may be aware that I have a rather large collection of songs.

I also received monthly updates from PHM, CB, SF and MRE.

I have had people bring me manufacturer's discs and I use software that loads their CD+G in my laptop's CD drive to play directly from the disc.

No one has ever tried to hand me a burned karaoke disc.

Back