What's new

cheerleaders come in and sound off

Or I am bringing my hard drive down with me cause I don't trust one of my roommates not to steal it. over 10,000 songs there but enough to get us going. I only have 16 Sound Choices on there including the milestone disc. I'll pack a book along with it. Kurt is there time on the 15th to audit my system?

cheerleards come in and sound off

I think they should definitely invite the whole Sound Choice Crew to the party, sounds like fun to me :)

Well, there aren't many of us left, but I'll invite them and many of the ex-SC employees, who still pop in and do some contract work from time to time.

I might do a special "door prize" drawing and give away something from my private Karaoke disc collection. :biggrinpill:

Yep, i'm coming on Monday as well and leaving Tuesday so hopefully it is Monday night that we have the room :) And Athena to upload the pic he sent you.....Go to www.Tinypic.com , choose a file to upload and upload your image there and it will give you code that you can copy into a comment here and the picture will show up, just copy the code for " forums and message boards "

You can have the room on Sunday night as well. Also, there are a lot of hotels close by, because Carowinds Theme park is 1/2 mile away. Do a search for Fort Mill, SC and Carowinds. Here is an Expedia link:

http://www.expedia.com/Hotel-Search?c=45362eb9-4378-4c4a-97f5-a08e742eec98&

Or I am bringing my hard drive down with me cause I don't trust one of my roommates not to steal it. over 10,000 songs there but enough to get us going. I only have 16 Sound Choices on there including the milestone disc. I'll pack a book along with it. Kurt is there time on the 15th to audit my system?

Well we can't do an audit without your discs there and if we do a "full blown" audit we also check for CB and Stellar. but we'll just check your SC songs (hmm, only 16 discs, we have to do something about that....)

Well we can't do an audit without your discs there and if we do a "full blown" audit we also check for CB and Stellar. but we'll just check your SC songs (hmm, only 16 discs, we have to do something about that....)

Oh yeah forgot to mention the discs are coming too because the last time my roommate stole from me it was my big set they took. You can check my cb's I think with 6 supercdg's and 2 cdg's that should be easy enough as well as my Pop HIts I believe I have 10 of them counting 2 THM that were released before they started releasing PHM discs. This can be done as well for The KIAA. They have yet to audit me. I want that under my wing so that what I claim on my website is accurate.

Well, there aren't many of us left, but I'll invite them and many of the ex-SC employees, who still pop in and do some contract work from time to time.

I might do a special "door prize" drawing and give away something from my private Karaoke disc collection. :biggrinpill:

Sounds great! That's gonna be an awesome Monday night! :)

My two cents:

Kurt, other junk aside, I think it's great that not only do you open your doors in welcome to these folks, but are kind enough to add to the festivities.. I kinda wish I could make it, but that aside, allow me to be one of the first to thank you on their behalf.... A very nice thing to do...

You know Skid, I don't have a problem with (reasonably) FAIR competition. How about out of respect for our "house" you limit it to DKK, CB, Pocket Songs, Stellar, SC (of course), All Star, Priddis, Zoom, Sunfly.

Thanks Kurt. At 63, I'm a big band, Sinatra, swing kinda guy. There are a couple of PS songs I like to sing. But on the other hand I love doing bunches of YOUR tracks: Voices Carry, Billy Joel, etc...:smilepill:

But if you are not THERE, she can't blame you. I have no problem letting you into our facility. Most of our major competitors have even visited in the past. I'll even make you a good deal on some Sound Choice CDGs or even MP3G discs!

For that matter, I had a couple of hundred miscellaneous discs that were returns (still in the shrink wrap, though) that I was going to sell en masse to a dealer of ours who specializes in "closeouts" or buying stock from stores closing down. Maybe I'll hang on to them and make them available real cheap if anyone wants to look them over those days.

Alright Cheerleaders, better bring your wish lists, and your checkbooks. I know I'm gonna be making a "Christmas" list to fill some holes in my library.

Kurt, YOU ARE 'DA MAN.

You know Skid, I don't have a problem with (reasonably) FAIR competition. How about out of respect for our "house" you limit it to DKK, CB, Pocket Songs, Stellar, SC (of course), All Star, Priddis, Zoom, Sunfly.

Oh on....no pioneer...were they not fair?

I actually wish I could have made a surprise visit to meet you folks ( and probably get clubbed to death in the process) but my daughter is getting married on the 25th, and I'm the "wedding planner".

Would have been fun ( if painful :laughpill:) to meet you all though....

OK Joe now that your daughters big day went well...how about joining us?

Thanks Kurt. At 63, I'm a big band, Sinatra, swing kinda guy. There are a couple of PS songs I like to sing. But on the other hand I love doing bunches of YOUR tracks: Voices Carry, Billy Joel, etc...:smilepill:

You can't beat PS for the Big Band Era - because Irv is 83, he makes sure "his" music is always done TOP Notch!

Oh on....no pioneer...were they not fair?

No, Pioneer is OK. Sorry, it's just that so few people have any Pioneer originals. I actually tried to track them down for two years, wanting to get the rights to some of their music but the Karaoke division was sold so many times, no one knew who to contact. Pioneer referred me to one of the original production studios who claimed they didn't have the rights anymore, and the purchaser of the Pioneer library claimed they didn't have the rights any more either. They did some really good foreign productions and I was looking for European catalog.

No, Pioneer is OK. Sorry, it's just that so few people have any Pioneer originals. I actually tried to track them down for two years, wanting to get the rights to some of their music but the Karaoke division was sold so many times, no one knew who to contact. Pioneer referred me to one of the original production studios who claimed they didn't have the rights anymore, and the purchaser of the Pioneer library claimed they didn't have the rights any more either. They did some really good foreign productions and I was looking for European catalog.

I may have a few Pioneer laser discs, and I KNOW Thunder does- I think even held onto his player.. ( Mine's landfill). If I find 'em I'll post....

I have a full set of Pioneer laser disc! If you are interested let me know!

But mine are all the standard U.S. releases! And of course I don't have the rights to any production issues!

OK Joe now that your daughters big day went well...how about joining us?

Got two venues to talk to in the next 2 weeks to get an idea of my schedule.

....And of course I'd have to get my body armor upgraded...:winkpill:

I don't know. I'm just kind of tossing it around in my head. In all honesty, and as much as I'd like meeting you folks, it would probably be more for the learning experience.

Either way, it's very kind of you folks to ask!

Go, Joe, Go! Or be called a black and dirty dog chicken for the rest of your days!!!

Got two venues to talk to in the next 2 weeks to get an idea of my schedule.

....And of course I'd have to get my body armor upgraded...:winkpill:

I don't know. I'm just kind of tossing it around in my head. In all honesty, and as much as I'd like meeting you folks, it would probably be more for the learning experience.

Either way, it's very kind of you folks to ask!

no body armor would be needed...everybody can always use a little learning and I think pretty much everyone has said they would welcome you..personally although we disagree in some areas ...I respect and like you:laughpill:

Back