What's new

cheerleaders come in and sound off

And as for Bird, you're still purty. I think you'd look great in a Cheerleader outfit. Maybe with a big SC on the front. (Just a joke).

Here's my suggestiion for Dan's new rule book:

A no tolerance policy for sexism masquerading as jokes. It's an embarrasment to read.

The integrity of her posts indicate a voice worth hearing and it's a disgrace should it fall quiet to patronizing sexist commentary.

A no tolerance policy for sexism masquerading as jokes. It's an embarrasment to read.

The integrity of her posts indicate a voice worth hearing and it's a disgrace should it fall quiet to patronizing sexist commentary.

I know Skid meant nothing by what he said other than a good humored jab at Julie but it did go over the line on sexual humor.
Much as I hate to admit it, Proformance is right about this one item. Sexist jokes should have no tolerance anywhere. It's a form of sexual harassment and should noty be tolerated.

Danny,

First off there was nothing sexist about the remark (it was a compliment) second responding to poorformance's post in this thread is not and was not needed, this isn't the suggestions thread and he knows it! He is by his very actions what is called a troll!

"There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me, get him up against the wall...."

After you beat that "Thunderbolt" pinata to death, throw it up against the "Wall"... :laughpill:

"There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me, get him up against the wall...."

After you beat that "Thunderbolt" pinata to death, throw it up against the "Wall"... :laughpill:

For some reason that just didn't bother me all that much!:smilepill:

I am not Anti-Sound Choice, simply because I disagree with their business ethics.

I think they make a great product! Just not gonna add them on my signature like a cheerleader as you guys put it.

I tend to feel that they don't deserve such a following, their just a business like any other business. I have Cooper tires on my car and I have always had EXCELLENT experiences with them, but I wouldn't add it to my signature. All they did was sell me a product.

I tend to feel that the reason so many people have them in their signatures is because Sound Choice posts here. Kinda like a KISSING contest if you will...and I want no part in it.

Apparently you have never seen a thread about Speakers in general, Denon players, Crown amps, Apple computers, Rane gear in general or music subscription services. As a member go look at the signatures on the DJ side and tell me how many are cheerleaders for this or that type of gear!

It was the Anti-SC camp that coined the cheerleader phrase about us in the first place BTW...

Apparently you have never seen a thread about Speakers in general, Denon players, Crown amps, Apple computers, Rane gear in general or music subscription services. As a member go look at the signatures on the DJ side and tell me how many are cheerleaders for this or that type of gear!

I have no need to, even if everyone's signature has a name brand in it. Ultimately the message I conveyed is the same.
Except for maybe the last line about it being a contest with the cheerleaders. However I still feel the same regarding adding brands etc at the end of EVERY post.

Surely, you can see my side as well.

It was the Anti-SC camp that coined the cheerleader phrase about us in the first place BTW...

While alot of us don't like the method behind Sound Choices actions, VERY few are actually ANTI-SC.

Being ANTI-SC would be kind of stupid, like I said before their material is great, some others are better for some things, however Sound Choice IS the MOST requested. Unless it's a Country Bar...then it's usually Chartbuster.

Oh c'mon guys, get real. My comment wasn't meant to be sexest. If me calling Julie "purty" was sexist then I take back my comment. Sorry. She's not purty. Satisfied?:winkpill:

She's the one lady who is most vocal about the Sound Choice discussion. It was just meant that since she was not in the Sound Choice camp (so to speak) that for her to be in a "cheerleader" outfit with a Sound Choice logo on the front was ironic. That she was a Sound Choice cheerleader was out of her character.:embarrassedpill:

And Julie, if you were offended by me calling you "purty" then I apoplgize. I'm a hell of a handsome guy. (For someone my age and bald). It's a cross we both have to bear.

And Pro, YOU'RE an embarrisment on this karaoke discussion.

This thread is for the Cheerleaders. The cheerleaders are getting together to have a party. This thread has nothing to do with the anti-Sound Choice camp. (Or what ever you call yourselves). Point is, you have no reason to be on this thread at all, except to stir things up. This party has nothing to do with you. You want to argue, stir things up, cause problems, please use another thread. Leave us alone. You have no business being here.

Oh c'mon guys, get real. My comment wasn't meant to be sexest.

And there's the problem. You don't even know it's wrong.
There's far too many out there that still think like that. Please do some research on sexism and the kind of thinking that perpetuates it, because it's really not the comments that are offensive, since they are only an indicator of the speaker's mindset, but it's the mindset itself that is offensive.
Once you've researched it thoroughly and realize the error you made and understand WHY it was offensive, then you'll actually understand what I've said here.

This thread is for the Cheerleaders.
If you don't want anyone else commenting, and want to keep it private, then take it to PM. Last I checked, this forum and all the threads in it, were open to all members (save the private forums for hosts, for example).

Sound Choice i would like to thank you for your contributions here. I really do appreciate your insights and updates as do many others here. I apologize for those who do not and have turned this into another bashing thread. This thread is about a meeting in North Carolina that Sound Choice has been gracious enough to host. This conversation has gone completely off topic, if you'd like to continue this debate further about anything other than the meeting in Charlotte create a thread about it, otherwise i will have to close this one. Please stick to the original topic at hand " Cheerleaders Come in and sound Off "

Okay , i have moved the Sound Choice discussions to their own thread, Please try to keep these discussions there, Thanks :)

If I need a room I am just going to get the one closest to the Sound Choice office! Otherwise I have family in the area.

If I need a room I am just going to get the one closest to the Sound Choice office! Otherwise I have family in the area.

We have a bunch of sleeper sofas and couches spread around the building, LOL. And two kitchens - just no showers.

If none of you has any objections, I am going to invite Norbert and Debi Stovall from Chartbuster to visit with us those days. I don't mind sharing the "glory" of a cheerleader party with them. Hell, compared to some we have invited here, they are as close as my family, LOL.

They also have a huge RV they might bring and maybe some people can crash in that. You guys can also help me encourage them to stay the course when they get the same reaction on boards as we get when they begin their suits.

Back