What's new

How old do I look, really?

A 30yr old guys perspective...

I HATE the super long hair, but that really shouldn't matter to you. It is much more important that you are truly happy with yourself. Once you are happy, it will be apparent with how you act and your confidence. Your personality and confidence will find you your love.

More info than truly necessary, but to really prove my point. I know it has been said a million times, but looks don't matter THAT much. I wasn't even attracted to my 'now' wife at first! That was about 10 years ago. We have now been married for six years and just had our first baby. To me, she is the sexiest woman on earth. Things sure do change once you get to know someone.

A 30yr old guys perspective...

I HATE the super long hair, but that really shouldn't matter to you. It is much more important that you are truly happy with yourself. Once you are happy, it will be apparent with how you act and your confidence. Your personality and confidence will find you your love.

More info than truly necessary, but to really prove my point. I know it has been said a million times, but looks don't matter THAT much. I wasn't even attracted to my 'now' wife at first! That was about 10 years ago. We have now been married for six years and just had our first baby. To me, she is the sexiest woman on earth. Things sure do change once you get to know someone.

And to answer the actual question that was asked, you do look young. That isn't a bad thing! My wife and I both look like we are in our mid twenties even though we are 30. When we were in our mid twenties, we looked like we were about 18. As you can see, it catches up all to fast..LOL

Okay, so I took the hair and makeup advice (after some hesitation), and I am glad that I did. But now I need clothing advice. I know some of you don't want to help me right now, and that is fine. But maybe some of you do. My clothes are kind of plain and boring, and I still sometimes shop at stores like American Eagle or in the junior's department (but not all of the time). I don't want anything really trendy or anything like that. I want clothes that I can wear for years and years. I'm 5'2", 136 lbs. I'm a small or medium on top, and a size 8 short in pants. I don't really like a lot of the clothes that I have right now. I wear jeans most of the time, which I'm fine with, so maybe I should just buy some new tops. So, does anyone want to show me some new clothes that I can buy?

That's difficult to suggest clothes online for people. Shape of you, cut of the garment, fabric, style etc.

It's really hard.

I wear jeans most of the time, which I'm fine with, so maybe I should just buy some new tops. So, does anyone want to show me some new clothes that I can buy?

Follow Stacy & Clinton's advice...color near the face...v or open collar necklines...nipped in @ the waist...keep the girls locked and loaded...no synthenics...

That's difficult to suggest clothes online for people. Shape of you, cut of the garment, fabric, style etc.

It's really hard.

Yeah, that's true. But maybe people could post some links to like Old Navy or something and I could go to the store and try stuff on. If it doesn't look good on me, then obviously I'm not going to get it. I just got this coat from Old Navy in the black/gray plaid, what do you guys think of it? http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55474&vid=1&pid=772435&scid=772435012

If you like Old Navy style then go in the store, scope out the employee that you think is the most stylish and ask for help

Cute coat. That style has been around forever, so it's a good staple.

Cute coat. That style has been around forever, so it's a good staple.

Thanks. I have a navy pea coat that I really like, but the lining is coming out and the pockets are all ripped on the inside. So I figured it was time for a new one, and it was only $29.

when it comes to clothes, it is hard to recommend but what I can tell you is to keep on browsing brick n mortar stores till you find something you'd like to wear and looks good on you. for someone who's as picky as you, I think you'll be the best judge. if others tell you something is cute but you don't feel like wearing it, it will just sit in your closet.for.sure.

you can go for layered look this fall, just put on layers of clothes and see if you look nice in them. try on some leggings that will match a lot of nice tops and with cute boots, you're set. I think Fall is the best time of the year to dress up.

Apparently your joy over the GOP has quickly been replaced by Mr.Weezie's release. :pout:

I'm complex like that. :bowing:

He's free already? Is he heading to Walmart?

He served his 8 months in da po po. You know what they say......you can't keep a good dawg dowowowowon!

Walmart? Not likely since he release his latest album a couple months ago while in prison and it's #1. Cha-CHING!

I agree with Tazz, that's a classic coat you can wear for a long time. I'd also recommend a solid, light colored scarf to wear with it; pick one of the colors you look best in.

Try H&M - my 20-something daughters like shopping there.

Back