What's new

Officially Certified

Could you please explain the difference? Why does your branding work against one competitor but, not the other?

My branding has to do with my company and how each of our shows are handled. Part of that is providing the best karaoke tracks available we proudly advertise using SC and CB tracks among others...but there are many more part from sober professionally trained Kj's to promotion of the bars and quite a few other thing that "brand" my company.
Other companies in our area are free to "brand" thenselves in any way they choose and make good use of the smart marketting...we have a local competitor that has "branded" himself quite successfully in handleing "younger crowds" We even give out his number if a location seems to needing his "brand"
Other have unintentionally "branded" themselves by the service they provide or actions...this does tend to work against them

Whats to stop someone from being a first time customer to CB and buying only $200 doing an audit and becoming certified? THEN continuing to use the pirate library with a neat little certificate?

Nothing for now. But to get certified with about 200 to 500 songs would raise some red flags unless they had a larger collection from another manu, perhaps SC or PHM or..... The same thing could possibly be done with a SC audit, but to do one audit and not the other???????

How many kjs do you know that work with less than a 1K songs? There will always be someone that will cheat the system. Having a moral responsibility to do right isn't always in someones DNA.

If you want to see and understand the process ask for an audit.....I agreed at my audit we agreed not to pirate music and to be open to future audits upon request...in writting. Sounds like a contract to me and my Attny:laughpill:

Okay, NONE of my questions were answered.
What do YOU benefit from doing this?
Again let me stress, what do you actually benefit from this, as opposed to a perceived benefit?

Do they offer you reduced pricing?
In other words what do you get out of this.
Something tangible I hope.

If you want to see and understand the process ask for an audit.....I agreed at my audit we agreed not to pirate music and to be open to future audits upon request...in writting. Sounds like a contract to me and my Attny:laughpill:

The direct benefit to you being what?

Here the difference:

ASC "Certified" techs have to go through a training course and pass that testing - not just buy a bunch of socket wrenches. Do you want someone working on your car who hasn't been through any training at all but bought the wrenches and has a certificate to prove that he bought it?

Karaoke hosts only need to buy a disc... My dog owns several karaoke discs... I should be able to get this dog a certificate as well.

you are not an ASE certified mechanic, how do i know?...i have an ASE master cert. and guess what....never had to touch a car durring the whole process, and all the tests were open book. no real training, no experience form them, at all, but what a selling point. the paper means nothing, but given the choice at a price point wouldn't most people want an ASE certified mechanic under the hood? ASE techs never taught me anything about wrenching, but the guy in the next bay at the mom & pop shop with 40 years under the hood taught me more than i can remember. but i got more work from that useless certificate than my actual knowledge. why would this be any different?

Nothing for now. But to get certified with about 200 to 500 songs would raise some red flags unless they had a larger collection from another manu, perhaps SC or PHM or..... The same thing could possibly be done with a SC audit, but to do one audit and not the other???????

How many kjs do you know that work with less than a 1K songs? There will always be someone that will cheat the system. Having a moral responsibility to do right isn't always in someones DNA.

I have seen it, usually on the private party circuit though.

My branding has to do with my company and how each of our shows are handled. Part of that is providing the best karaoke tracks available we proudly advertise using SC and CB tracks among others...but there are many more part from sober professionally trained Kj's to promotion of the bars and quite a few other thing that "brand" my company.
Other companies in our area are free to "brand" thenselves in any way they choose and make good use of the smart marketting...we have a local competitor that has "branded" himself quite successfully in handleing "younger crowds" We even give out his number if a location seems to needing his "brand"
Other have unintentionally "branded" themselves by the service they provide or actions...this does tend to work against them

The question was: "Why does your branding work against one type of competitor but not the other?

You have single out "pirates" as immune to your branding. I'd like to know the reason for in light of your assertion that your branding is effective agaist everyone else?

The question was: "Why does your branding work against one type of competitor but not the other?

You have single out "pirates" as immune to your branding. I'd like to know the reason for in light of your assertion that your branding is effective agaist everyone else?

In my area I have no problem with "brandiing" a pirate....my "vetting" process is easy.....PIRATE to me is someone who has openly admitted to
A: no owning a single disc(anymore)(I ve heard that from a good 16 KJ's in my area)
B: being part of a "song shareing" club( amost as popular)
C: Buying a preloaded drive with no disc
If someone admits these to me then they are a pirate(theif) and I advise them to get legal or get out. If they do not listen then what they get is deserved and I give no smypathy The bars that do not pay attention when advised deserve no sympathy either.

you are not an ASE certified mechanic, how do i know?...i have an ASE master cert. and guess what....never had to touch a car durring the whole process, and all the tests were open book. no real training, no experience form them, at all, but what a selling point. the paper means nothing, but given the choice at a price point wouldn't most people want an ASE certified mechanic under the hood? ASE techs never taught me anything about wrenching, but the guy in the next bay at the mom & pop shop with 40 years under the hood taught me more than i can remember. but i got more work from that useless certificate than my actual knowledge. why would this be any different?

Becasue the ASE test does in fact certify your knowldge.

It is also a baseline comparison for hiring practices. The certification actually means more to prospective employers than it does to the public.

Even an open book would be no help to a non-mechanic. Knowing where to look for the information is also expertise. Even experienced and seasoned mechanics regularly refer to service manuals which, would again be of no value to a non-mechanic.

There is no comparison with karaoke. The audits are a legal proceeding. In cases like these the plaintiff's attorney fees are likely to be higher than the actual damage awards. If the KJ has the ability to prevail then the manufacturer will be stuck with it's own legal bills. The purpose of the audit is to figure out where the money is. There is no value in it at all for the KJ.

Okay, NONE of my questions were answered.
What do YOU benefit from doing this?
Again let me stress, what do you actually benefit from this, as opposed to a perceived benefit?
I receive certification, my venues are prottected from being sued, and I have some willing to work with me to clean up the industry
Do they offer you reduced pricing?
In other words what do you get out of this.
Something tangible I hope.
These are ALL tangible to me

In my area I have no problem with "brandiing" a pirate....my "vetting" process is easy.....PIRATE to me is someone who has openly admitted to
A: no owning a single disc(anymore)(I ve heard that from a good 16 KJ's in my area)
B: being part of a "song shareing" club( amost as popular)
C: Buying a preloaded drive with no disc
If someone admits these to me then they are a pirate(theif) and I advise them to get legal or get out. If they do not listen then what they get is deserved and I give no smypathy The bars that do not pay attention when advised deserve no sympathy either.

KjAthena, I'm not sure what you are answering - but, it is not the question that I am asking.

Let me rephrase it for you: "Why do you assert that your reputation and and name recognition is ineffective against "pirates" yet you are confident it stands well against everyone else?"

KjAthena said:
I have no problem with those that have a few thousand for disc trying to come and compete because I know my library and branding will place me levels above those people.... bring it on....at least I will be ccompeting on a level feild...not with a theif that has every song ever made or will

I thought this was appropriate here!

I don't understand the confusion here, this certifies the library of of the legal host (if you want it) if you don't then what is the problem?

What in your opinion is the right number to have?

How do you arrive at that number if you are not the person producing the show in question?

I thought this was appropriate here!

I don't understand the confusion here, this certifies the library of of the legal host (if you want it) if you don't then what is the problem?

No, not really relevant. But this is!

Yes that one is also relevant, so far You, Chip and Hag have beaten around the bush a lot although I can't figure out for what, since there isn't anything in the bush you are beating!

KjAthena, I'm not sure what you are answering - but, it is not the question that I am asking.

Let me rephrase it for you: "Why do you asset that your reputation and and name recognition is ineffective against "pirates" yet you are confident it stands well against everyone else?"

Because even after being in business for over 16 years...we do not have every song available(we have purchased the ones we have legally) We will not download songs at the shows(because they are not legal)

You know I guess in a way the pirates have done an extremely good job marketting themselves in our area...THE PROBLEM IS...]just like buying a coach bag out trunk....the product they are selling(at least in part) is stollen or fake.A number of the KJ's that have left the business since the first round were ignorant of the rules and had purchased preloads being told they were legal(personally I feel this is like the buyer of a $10 "designer purse" not questioning the seller as to legality of the purchase. some will buy anyways not caring...and if its stoillen can be arrestted for receiving stollen property)

Intergirity will always win out in the end...and if you lack it eventually it will show.

Thunder said:
Yes that one is also relevant, so far You, Chip and Hag have beaten around the bush a lot although I can't figure out for what, since there isn't anything in the bush you are beating!

Maybe this will be clearer to you.

Back