What's new

Pet Peeves/Everyday Things that Make you CRAZY! Please Join Me.

did you say yore I's wuz a twinklin?? :giggles:

The one that drives me crazy is 'Can I come with?'

When my kids say that, I tell them that no, they can't, and the reason is specifically because of their poor grammar.

:hides: what is a proper reply to this? :hides:

Back to pet peeves - I cannot stand when people don't know the difference between they're/their/there, your/you're, too/to/two, waste/waist, bored/board, etc. I mean, they teach you that stuff in elementary school, and I know college graduates who use them incorrectly.
I didn't go to school here and when people write should of/could of. when spoken, its not too obvious.

I was taught could have/should have or use the contractions, could've or should've. I thought maybe its just the way its said around here. Like fixin to go somewhere.....

I feel bad for the txt generation, many haven't even learned the correct spelling and now they think txt messaging is the way to go and use it also for business correspondence :hurt:

as to the question Can I come with or Can I use your.....in school, the answer we got was "You can, but you MAY NOT!"

People who smoke at the entrances to buildings so you are forced to walk through that stink to get inside. Go farther away so we get get in & out without suffering the stench.

Being a non-smoker, this is probably one of the worst things for me. Especially last year when I had bronchitis. The smoke was enough to make me sick. :surrender:
Not if you ate hamburgers every day which have a far great impact on the environment then cars total (including SUVS). The production of beef makes far environmental nasties than cars- I know 'cause I saw it on Oprah:lol:.

Seee?

My point is that it's all relative and that all the "good" that you can do by driving a Focus can be undone in other ways (ie, eating hamburgers, turning up the heat in your house, buying anything from China where there are no environmental laws, etc., etc.).

Our economy and environment is very enter twined is all I'm sayin'.

One of my classes right now is environmental science. Can I skip the reading and just learn it all here? :giggles:

Mine do the same with milk because they're too lazy to put it in the recyling bin. :hurt:

Can we talk about old people or is that still offensive? Ok maybe "some" old people.....better? Everytime I go shopping there's always two situations........the sweet old person whom I help a little by reaching something, holding a door, etc. and who is always so nice. Then there's always some entitled acting old **** who'll block an aisle knowing you're right there but doesn't care until she can scan the shelves and find that perfect jar of unsweetened jelly! GTF out of the way!!!!! Waiting a sec is cool, but when there's people lining up behind me to get by, you look at us and keep searching the shelves.....you're just being a **** and I don't care how old you are!!!!:ranting:

LMAO This exact thing happened to me just yesterday. It only happens when you are in a hurry - never when you have the time to spare.

I didn't go to school here and when people write should of/could of. when spoken, its not too obvious.

as to the question Can I come with or Can I use your.....in school, the answer we got was "You can, but you MAY NOT!"

Hate should of / could of.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" Teacher: "I don't know - CAN you?" with a big old eye roll.... LOL

Back to pet peeves - I cannot stand when people don't know the difference between ...

Insure and ensure.

Everyone around here just always uses insure. NO! You insure property and you ensure (make sure) something happens.

I hate when my husband thinks hes right and OBVIOUSLY isnt, and just argues with me so he doesnt have to admit hes wrong!

alot vs allot

alot is not a word, it should be a lot which means many or plenty

allot means to distribution or apportion, e.g, allot a percentage of income to pay for taxes

I like grammar classes on CW now :lol:

OK here's a thought... How about we all get rid of vehicles and all start walking whether we work 4 miles from home or 25 miles from home.

Georgie I used to like you. :surrender:

Not if you ate hamburgers every day which have a far great impact on the environment then cars total (including SUVS). The production of beef makes far environmental nasties than cars- I know 'cause I saw it on Oprah:lol:.

Seee?

My point is that it's all relative and that all the "good" that you can do by driving a Focus can be undone in other ways (ie, eating hamburgers, turning up the heat in your house, buying anything from China where there are no environmental laws, etc., etc.).

Our economy and environment is very enter twined is all I'm sayin'.

You're not kidding. Apparently gassy cows are a huge problem - seriously!

oooooooo how about this?

when someone has an avatar that almost everyone hates, but he/she won't change it, even though it would be the ahem, best decision

You're pushin' your luck heart shaped cookie avatar lady. :giggles:

i thought it was pretty :37:

When dh is laying on the floor complaining his head hurts so bad and won't just take some frickin' Advil.

actually, i'm surprised no one requested an x-rated version yet :lol:

why does he lay on the floor???

Back