What's new

Pet Peeves/Everyday Things that Make you CRAZY! Please Join Me.

Well it's a lil safer for her to vent about 80 something year old bad drivers guessing that there isn't any here than KNOWING there's plenty of SUV drivers here and not even bothering to say "SOME" SUV drivers.

So it's okay to talk **** about people as long as they aren't here to defend themselves? Ahh, I got it.

Y'all are just crackin me up!!!

Yes... I said crack.
I'm guessing by the word usage, you're pushing the limit on needing pipe time?!?! :giggles:

Because her thread had a warning stating there would be offensive matierials inside. If you have tendencies to be offended, might want to not read that thread. Moving forward :)

It was actually the title that offended me. There was no warning for that.

Time to pull this one out of my hat...

bunny-with-pancake.jpg

Anyone find the smilie for head vs wall yet? Are we back to counting how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

So it's okay to talk **** about people as long as they aren't here to defend themselves? Ahh, I got it.

YES!!!!!! :lol:

(is this news to anyone else?) :lol:

Everyone does realize that if a person drives 4 miles a day with an SUV that it is far less impact on the environment than the person that drives a Focus 25 miles a day???

It's all relative.

is it time for me to make a "kumbaya" cookie? :tap:

So why did I get the reaction that I got when Sati's thread offended me?
Liz, I think that you just took it personal when I didn't see any statement that was meant as a personal attack to you alone. Maybe I didn't read all the posts in that thread but if you're referring to the thread involving the old woman,

you may have taken the side of the offended poster but it doesn't mean most members ganged up on you. I see a great difference there.

the thread had a clear warning so that anyone who is easily offended by that kind of language shouldn't even open it and read and then complain later of the foul language she was exposed to.

I like you Liz.

Can we all sing Kum ba ya now?

Everyone does realize that if a person drives 4 miles a day with an SUV that it is far less impact on the environment than the person that drives a Focus 25 miles a day???

It's all relative.

Yeah, but driving the Focus 4 miles a day would make the most sense.

It's all relative.

Hmm.....well I got the first part right then. I only take the kids to school and to the store yet DH drives a Focus out of state everyday. Ah well I'm already going to hell. :lol:

People who live in their own apartment, yet are supported by their parents when they could live at home and save them money but yet are critical of other people's purchases THAT THEY PAID FOR THEMSELVES.

Lemme ask ya Liz......what do you take your family camping in or pack up and drive a family for a vacation in? What do you put your kid's sports equipment in or sleds to go sledding and bikes and scooters, etc.? Oh that's right.....you don't have kids and people and their crap to cart around everyday.

Oh and since all SUV's are apparently the same....tell me how big mine is, how many it seats and the gas mileage. Don't know? Then STFU and get back on your trike!

Wow it must be the fact that I drive an SUV that I have so much 'tude. ;)

Liz, I think that you just took it personal when I didn't see any statement that was meant as a personal attack to you alone. Maybe I didn't read all the posts in that thread but if you're referring to the thread involving the old woman,

you may have taken the side of the offended poster but it doesn't mean most members ganged up on you. I see a great difference there.

the thread had a clear warning so that anyone who is easily offended by that kind of language shouldn't even open it and read and then complain later of the foul language she was exposed to.

I like you Liz.

Can we all sing Kum ba ya now?

Did you read that post by mrsmom?

Yes mamabear I was directing my post at Liz.

Signed,
I don't have a penis so I drive an SUV. :lol:

I was just referring to the old woman and the wreck thread where you defended the side of old drivers who may cause accidents. That's what I'm saying that I don't think people ganged up on you.

Yeah, but driving the Focus 4 miles a day would make the most sense.

Not if you ate hamburgers every day which have a far great impact on the environment then cars total (including SUVS). The production of beef makes far environmental nasties than cars- I know 'cause I saw it on Oprah:lol:.

Seee?

My point is that it's all relative and that all the "good" that you can do by driving a Focus can be undone in other ways (ie, eating hamburgers, turning up the heat in your house, buying anything from China where there are no environmental laws, etc., etc.).

Our economy and environment is very enter twined is all I'm sayin'.

OK here's a thought... How about we all get rid of vehicles and all start walking whether we work 4 miles from home or 25 miles from home.

Can't do that- my **** would start looking too good and DH would want it all the time:lol:.

OK here's a thought... How about we all get rid of vehicles and all start walking whether we work 4 miles from home or 25 miles from home.
get rid of vehicles? sure! if there's a reliable mass transport system.

if there's none like in most states, then he11 no!!!!

I can't walk in the cold, I'm not made for cold weather :cartwheel:

Back