What's new

Pet Peeves/Everyday Things that Make you CRAZY! Please Join Me.

Why can't the pets I take in be well mannered? I'm a bit peeved at my pets. The lovebirds we took in last week who needed a home are dumping their water container onto the carpet. I hear they are getting quite good at it. I saw them do it for the first time today and ds12 says they always do it. The dog we took in several months back chewed up a red pen in ds10's bed last night. I washed his sheets and mattress pad and they still look like a seriously bad accident. That's a stain that's not coming out.

Why can't the pets I take in be well mannered? I'm a bit peeved at my pets. The lovebirds we took in last week who needed a home are dumping their water container onto the carpet. I hear they are getting quite good at it. I saw them do it for the first time today and ds12 says they always do it. The dog we took in several months back chewed up a red pen in ds10's bed last night. I washed his sheets and mattress pad and they still look like a seriously bad accident. That's a stain that's not coming out.

Why are you taking in random critters?

But re: birds, I know lots............they always spill their water and feed outside of the cage so put them where there's no carpet.

But re: birds, I know lots............they always spill their water and feed outside of the cage so put them where there's no carpet.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

No I didn't. I asked the question. Some peeps take in dogs, some cats, etc. I was simply asking why she was taking in various critters.

The kids.........it's because they love animals, and I'm a sucker. My mom called a couple months ago and asked if we wanted a pair of baby lovebirds. I thought she said hand fed. My SIL's sister was leaving her dh and had to get rid of them. Brother and SIL already have their quota of birds as they are extreme animal lovers and SIL works at humane society. It took her sister a couple of months to decide to actually leave her dh. The birds don't look like babies to me, and they were not hand fed. I think dh had really been looking forward to handling them as years ago he had a hand fed ****atiel. We now have 4 birds. It's a jungle in the living room with all that tweeting. IDK - I think it is nice for kids who love animals to have pets. Dh surrounded the lower portion of the parakeets cage with plexiglass plus I vacuum everyday so that there actually isn't much mess from them. I imagine he will build plexiglass around the bottom of the lovebirds cage, but I had no idea they also spill their water. I've heard they are very clever.

When someone takes a wonderfully, perfect classic of a Christmas song and redoes it in some jazzy or whatever new way... i HATE that :gah:

When someone takes a wonderfully, perfect classic of a Christmas song and redoes it in some jazzy or whatever new way... i HATE that :gah:
That's too funny, because I love that! New life into tired old material and all... :hides:

:faint: You shouldn't mess with Bing Crosby and Dean Martin and Burl Ives... :hurt:

well, at least Aunt Bee isn't fond of it :pout:

It drives me CRAZY when people come into my kitchen, ask what I am cooking and then they proceed to open lids/oven doors, etc. when I specifically tell them not to. Hello increased cooking time....

On kinda the same rant---when people ask "what's in this?" , not because they are merely curious but because they are picky-a$$ eaters that think I am trying to "sneak" something past them.

Ok, done with my vent now.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :girl:

It drives me crazy when someone says they will check (with their spouse, their schedule, the train schedule, etc) and let me know. Then they drag their feet for days or weeks or sometimes never let me know at all :gah:

I am aware the problem is at least partly ME (after all, it is all about me) and that I need to remember to set a limit when this happens, like "please let me know by Tuesday."

So, I'm frustrated at other people and frustrated with myself.

It drives me crazy when someone says they will check (with their spouse, their schedule, the train schedule, etc) and let me know. Then they drag their feet for days or weeks or sometimes never let me know at all :gah:

I am aware the problem is at least partly ME (after all, it is all about me) and that I need to remember to set a limit when this happens, like "please let me know by Tuesday."

So, I'm frustrated at other people and frustrated with myself.

It used to drive me nuts that people told me they have to check with their spouses or schedule but never get back to me, but I learned that some people deem it's a polite way of saying no and it's consider an acceptable social etiqutte among certain groups of people in my culture.
:gah:

Listening to a radio commercial that involved chewing sounds. Extra special is when they are chewing and talking.

I think if I got an actual written thank-you note I would die from shock on the spot.

Just so you all know, the world IS going to end soon. The reason I am so sure of this is I got a written thank-you note from my niece in the mail today for the birthday present I sent her. :faint: and :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :huggy:

If it wasn't after midnight in Australia, I'd say the apocalypse predictions are coming true. We just received a second written thank-you note from the same niece. For the same birthday gift (it was not a pony or a puppy). :faint: :bliss: :bliss: Maybe her mom is forcing her to make up for not having sent TY notes in the past? I dunno, just :giggles:and wanted to share.

People who don't listen and then **** at me.

When you came to pick up your sick kid from daycare I told you that she could not return today per our illness policy (which you signed at the beginning) but according to you today she is "fine"

Yesterday she was puking and had fever of 103...doubt she is fine today!

Lauri I don't know how you do it every day... :foryou:

Something that makes me nuts is when I click next to see the next group of posts and it keep staking me to the page I'm on......I have tried everything....so now I am posting this in hopes that I will be able to see what's bugging everyone else today!

And I am still on page 102...........why can't I read 103??????????? GAH!!!!!!!!

It used to drive me nuts that people told me they have to check with their spouses or schedule but never get back to me, but I learned that some people deem it's a polite way of saying no and it's consider an acceptable social etiqutte among certain groups of people in my culture.
:gah:

It used to drive me nuts when my BF from HS had to ask her NSDH's permission to do ANYTHING. UGH I hated him so much that I couldn't watch the abuse anymore so I stopped talking to her.

Any woman that lets a man tell her what to do really sets women back decades. UGH

Back