What's new

So what are you thinking now? New thread!

I would like a :wtf: button next to the "Thanks" button when we move.

Sometimes I just get so confused reading certain posts. :dunce:

I'm sure it's just me.

:snicker:

Our shih tzu was wheezing and dh went up to him and started petting him and it stopped. Does anyone have a dog with asthma? I think this poor doggie has asthma. He's been doing this occasionally since we found him last May. Unfortunately the first thing I did was take him to the vet and since I did it first it was too early for us to actually know him. He also throws up regularly, but he eats every thing he can put in his mouth.

Consistent vomiting is in an indicator of worm load.

Take a poo to the vet, have them test it, and have them test also specifically for whipworms (they don't always show up on "regular" worm tests).

Has he been tested for heartworm? That causes lung problems, but regular worm load can also cause fluid on the lungs.

When our doggie came to us she had all sorts of different parasites, it too months to get her sorted out. Luckily the medicine for it is cheap.

So, our new kids wake up at the crap of dawn. We do not. (And I should add here, I am NOT. :lol: ) We have a "rule" that they are to read until 7:40am. This morning is the FIRST time in almost 3 months that I have gone over to their rooms and they are BOTH reading. Usually they get out a million toys.

:faint:

Progress!

:bliss:

DS8 threw up in the night :( Had a big day planned of cleaning my grandmas house and shopping, looks like I am staying home.

Still too early to be an uncle for me :snort:. I was responding to basically my age as a grandparent in the post I responded too :faint:. 30-35 (my brother and wives - no baby mama "stuff") was then pretty normal for first kids in stable situations/college educated parents/married (actually today college educated/professional/normal married parents folks have kids at least that late or later typically) and as an uncle, I meant more since it would have been physically impossible to be an uncle earlier since I am the oldest. :flowers:

because chgoboob33 is the barometer by which all :quotes:normal:quotes: should be measured :snort:

So - how hard is it to install laminate wood flooring? Harmonics to be specific? I want it for the kitchen but that flooring also connects to the laundry room with closet, and pantry and powder room. We are in a rental so I thought if me and dh could save $$ on labor they will do it.

So - how hard is it to install laminate wood flooring? Harmonics to be specific? I want it for the kitchen but that flooring also connects to the laundry room with closet, and pantry and powder room. We are in a rental so I thought if me and dh could save $$ on labor they will do it.

Is there a wood sub-floor or are you on a slab?

because chgoboob33 is the barometer by which all :quotes:normal:quotes: should be measured :snort:

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice the "normal.":lol:

No, it's not a slab. Could we lay it right on top of the flooring already there? Laminate

You probably could...except if you have a dishwasher, the additional height might make it too tall to fit back under the counter top. If you don't run it under the dw, you might not be able to get it out if it needs to be repaired or replaced. European dw's are shorter & usually the only option in that situation.

What about where the new flooring meets the old flooring in other rooms? Will you have different levels if you go over the old laminate?

Are you talking about the tongue & groove laminate that taps together? Or nailing it in?

Why is it so much harder to get up & going again after you sit for a break than if you didn't take a break in the first place? <signed, a slug>

You probably could...except if you have a dishwasher, the additional height might make it too tall to fit back under the counter top. If you don't run it under the dw, you might not be able to get it out if it needs to be repaired or replaced. European dw's are shorter & usually the only option in that situation.

What about where the new flooring meets the old flooring in other rooms? Will you have different levels if you go over the old laminate?

Are you talking about the tongue & groove laminate that taps together? Or nailing it in?

Yeah, it's tongue and groove. The dishwasher was my only concern. The flooring will meet two other rooms that both have carpet but we figured we could ramp that up a bit to meet the new flooring. My question back to the dishwasher is, the laminate flooring now is lets say 1/16 inch thick so even if we pulled it up, wouldn't the new flooring(1/4 inch ) still cause the dishwasher to sit too high? Ugh, I hate the flooring thats here now!!

Why is it so much harder to get up & going again after you sit for a break than if you didn't take a break in the first place? <signed, a slug>

Newton's Laws of Motion:
1. A body at rest tends to stay at rest, and a body in motion tends to stay in motion, unless the body is compelled to change its state

images

Probably not....the dw legs are adjustable, so you could probably screw them down a bit to still fit the space. Like right now, with the thin flooring, they are probably raised quite a bit to bring it to counter height to attach the brackets to the counter.

New flooring & dishwashers were constant sales when I sold appliances. :lol: So many frustrated husbands with wives saying, "I told you so!! :angrywife: "

Dishwashers often have adjustable feet. Screw-type.

Just take the bottom plate off the dishwasher that's there and see how much room you have to work with. Our house was HORRID, yet we were able to take up the old sheet laminate and put in ceramic tile. The dishwasher still fits in the opening, there was just enough room.

Before putting in wood laminate you are going to want to take up the old sheet laminate or square tiles. If not you are going to have moisture problems under the new floor. There is a special floor paper that goes underneath snap laminate.

It is not hard to get the old laminate up. We used a heat gun, but once it started coming loose, we were able to pull it off in most of a whole sheet. HOWEVER if it is asbestos (over 60 years old), don't remove it.

Poido:

Also measure your fridge opening. When we replaced our floor, we had to take down the cabinet above the fridge and rip it down an inch or so. New fridges are taller than the old (pre-1998). We had our new fridge sitting in the middle of our kitchen for quite a while when we first moved into this house.

Back