What's new

So what are you thinking now? New thread!

Maybe its a woman thing but why the big concern or caring about bananas (especially in the snow ****in' thread but seems to keep coming up)? What am I missing, I am assuming its the ones from the produce dept :snort:everyone is talking about? Bananas just seem icky to me so no reason I'd ever have them in the house.

I will actually answer this. Right before a blizzard or big storm, people clear the shelves of certain items, one of them is usually bananas. We (cw) found the trend amusing. So it comes up in any storm preparation thread.

Maybe its a woman thing but why the big concern or caring about bananas (especially in the snow ****in' thread but seems to keep coming up)? What am I missing, I am assuming its the ones from the produce dept :snort:everyone is talking about? Bananas just seem icky to me so no reason I'd ever have them in the house.

Shs stated she had stomach flu, that is why she wants crackers and bananas. Bland foods that are easy on the stomach.

Is the carpet very light, do you know what the stains are?

It's the standard old builder grade beige carpet, and I have no clue what the stains in our room are because they're actually from the previous owners. Looks like coke or something else brown. They're under and around the nightstands. Every owner of this house (5) has put the bed in the same place. The pizza barf in my daughter's room didn't quite come out either, nor the 8 year old black ink stain, but I didn't think the ink would come totally out.

Not sure if I mentioned this but we woke up tues and found our dog lifeless. We rushed her to the animal hospital. All they found at that time was that her blood sugar got super low. She spend 24 hrs there now she seems fine just tired. The day they released her they also told us that they heard a heart murmur but it could be from all the Iv fluid they were giving her. $800 later I'm still confused.

Double QFS :faint: and especially its ennui ok, Triple that since it was a valid question OBVIOUSLY. The ladies here except you who mention bananas have lots of options for fullfillment, so that's not their reason, you can do what you do with them.

Time for a ::busted::
You seriously need some help with your drinking, your mental health issues, your extremely offensive attitudes, and unbelievable stupidity.

Might want to note on your organ donor card that your brain, while damaged by alcohol, could be like new. It's barely been used.

When you're sick with stomach distress, the BRAT diet is recommended by doctors.

(Wikipedia)

bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast

I'm going to cry. Just got home from work and looked at the carpets that were cleaned this morning. They actually look worse. The rest of the carpet is cleaner and none of the stains came out. He said they would. Now I don't have enough money to replace the **** carpets.

I learned years ago after having carpets professionally cleaned. They leave sticky residue behind from the cleaner solution and it tracks dirt. The carpets would look ok for a couple weeks then look worse after it was walked on a bit because it was attracting dirt. I own my own carpet cleaner now but I sometimes rent the rug doctor or similiar from home depot. They only charge like $25 per day. You can spot clean with solution by hand and then ONLY use steaming hot water to clean. You would be surprised how much comes out without solution and just the hot water. My carpets stay looking good and don't restain. Just go over the spots that you use solution several times with just water until you see no soap or bubbles in the dirty water. They have extractors so they don't leave much water behind and carpets are only damp. With ceiling fans on my carpets dry within a few hours. Good luck!
:flowers:

Thanks. We left a message and am hoping he'll come back and spot treat the places that look bad. The stairs are still slightly damp and it's been 24 hours, which is fairly inconvenient.

We're selling, so I just need it to look good for 4-6 months. If it hasn't sold by then we'll have to rent it out.

I learned years ago after having carpets professionally cleaned. They leave sticky residue behind from the cleaner solution and it tracks dirt. The carpets would look ok for a couple weeks then look worse after it was walked on a bit because it was attracting dirt. I own my own carpet cleaner now but I sometimes rent the rug doctor or similiar from home depot. They only charge like $25 per day. You can spot clean with solution by hand and then ONLY use steaming hot water to clean. You would be surprised how much comes out without solution and just the hot water. My carpets stay looking good and don't restain. Just go over the spots that you use solution several times with just water until you see no soap or bubbles in the dirty water. They have extractors so they don't leave much water behind and carpets are only damp. With ceiling fans on my carpets dry within a few hours. Good luck!
:flowers:
Sorry I feel for u. Is there anyway they can redo it for free or ask for a refund. Take pictures just in case. Tell him your going to report him to the better business bureau or something. I have no clue how all this works but I would think if u paid for a service and your not happy something can be done

just officially booked our trip to vegas!!! First no kids trip since we've been married!!!

Mrspris2u2,

I hope your dog is on the mend quickly. They have such a hold on our hearts and it hurts so much when we have to just wait and see.

He's coming back this week to spot treat the bad spots. He wasn't too surprised that some stains started showing up again as the carpets dried.

He definitely has incentive to fix this, as he wouldn't get any more referrals from our realtor if he didn't make this right!

It's tooooo weird grilling out and having fresh corn on the cob.
Don't get me wrong, I love it.....just weird.

jus' sayin'

It's tooooo weird grilling out and having fresh corn on the cob.
Don't get me wrong, I love it.....just weird.

jus' sayin'

I was talking to my mom yesterday & she had just had 3 palm trees planted in her yard and was in the process of mulching her new "succulent garden." I told her it is just WEIRD to think she is gardening in February!

Back